Tyler Pasher

Dub Narcotic

LB/LW, born 27/04/1994, currently playing for Pittsburgh in the USL.

Played with TFC academy for a few years, famously against Liverpool in a friendly. Wasn't offered a senior contract so he signed with PS Kemi Kings in Finland. After returning to North America he played briefly with Lansing United of the NPSL before being signed by Pittsburgh last year after an appearance at the NPSL combine.

I was shocked when he went from just absolutely knocking it out of the park for PS Kemi (what a great season he had there) to come into bush league USA...it felt like he had given up on having a pro career to me.  I think the why of it would be an interesting interview, because at the very least I had expected him to try to get top tier Finland...but other the offers weren't there or the money wasn't there...I can't say for sure.

But for me, this feels like a bit of a resurrection, even though he is still pretty young.

When I saw him with TFC/A against Liverpool I thought he could have the potential to be a special kid. He looks really good but I don't understand why TFCA let him walk away. In any case, he looks like a younger Marcel DJ. Hopefully we will see him as part of the CMNT soon.

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Marc Dos Santos coaches that team.  Two Canadians are already signed there, so lets hope the trend continues.

Good to see Dos Santos bringing in Canucks.  Some Cdn coaches have brought Canadians with them, others not so much.  Marcina did okay with San Antonio.  Yallop is now at Arizona in USL where Canadians don't count as imports.  Let's see if he brings any guys in.

Jason

• 2 months later...

A lot of Canadians on that Swope Park Rangers team. It is great that this is Sporting Kansas CIty's development team. 21 year old Mark Anthony Gonzalez, 21 year old Amer Didic both getting playing time, 22 year old Jonathan Grant warming the bench, and now 22 year old Tyler Pasher with two goals.

I would have thought Jonathan Grant would have had more playing time after playing well at FC Montreal last year.

2 hours ago, Ruffian said:

A lot of Canadians on that Swope Park Rangers team. It is great that this is Sporting Kansas CIty's development team. 21 year old Mark Anthony Gonzalez, 21 year old Amer Didic both getting playing time, 22 year old Jonathan Grant warming the bench, and now 22 year old Tyler Pasher with two goals.

I would have thought Jonathan Grant would have had more playing time after playing well at FC Montreal last year.

I think those call-ups by Floro made many of us think that he was some kind of diamond in the rough. I don't really know what to think of Grant anymore.

• 5 months later...

Here's a really good article on how Pasher signed with Swope Park Rangers. Turns out he was just about ready to hang up the boots at the start of the year.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls/sporting-kc/article109903252.html

On a team unexpected to make a playoff run in its expansion season, Pasher didn't expect to be here at all. But he finished the regular season fourth on the team with five goals and tied for fourth with 21 games started.

"They've given me the opportunity to get a chance to play in a professional environment with professional facilities," Pasher said. "I didn't think I would ever have that."

In the days preceding the February phone call, in conversations with family and friends, Pasher had acknowledged a reality — his professional playing days were likely behind him. After spending the 2015 season with USL club Pittsburgh Riverhounds, he was out of a job and subsequently moved back in with his parents while working for his father's construction company.

A couple of weeks before preseason, his agent called Dos Santos, hoping to get Pasher a tryout. Dos Santos called his brother, Phillip, who had coached Pasher in the Canadian youth national team system.

"He told me, 'Take him. You're going to love him,'" Dos Santos said.

• 1 month later...