Tyler Pasher

Dub Narcotic

6 minutes ago, RS said:

Eh. He shouldn't automatically get a spot in our best 23 just because he's in MLS. If he starts producing then call him in.

I thought he was producing enough in USL but it seems like Herdman will call MLS academy boys or CPL guys before calling anybody from the USL. Your point is a good one though; he has to produce in MLS.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I thought he was producing enough in USL but it seems like Herdman will call MLS academy boys or CPL guys before calling anybody from the USL. You point is a good one though; he has to produce in MLS.

IMO he was producing enough in USL to get a call to the current camp, but March should be for the big boys only. Even without Cavallini there's several players ahead of Pasher on the depth chart.

• 3 months later...
Just now, Obinna said:

Expected to start for Houston in week 1? They don't exactly have the best track with Canadians, but let's hope they've cleaned up their act.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-projected-lineups-week-1

Are you thinking of Dallas? Houston had 3 Canadians on their back to back championships teams. I don't believe they've had any since.

12 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Are you thinking of Dallas? Houston had 3 Canadians on their back to back championships teams. I don't believe they've had any since.

Nope, joke (which clearly didn't land) mocking how terrible MLS were at projecting our line ups during the international break. :)

They had penciled Henry in at CB, even though he wasn't even at camp, and I believe they also had Miller at right back, which definitely raised some eyebrows. Did they misspell Liam Millar and think we'd somehow play him there over Laryea and Johnston, or did they actually project Kamal Miller would play out of position on the right over those two?

So yeah, MLS doesn't have the best track record of projecting Canadians in their line ups lol

Edited by Obinna

I don't think Hainault was part of Houston's championship seasons, but he did play a significant role for them after that, I think helping them to another final, so that would be one Canadian who has played for them since their cup winning seasons. Pasher will be the first in a while though, since Serioux I think?

Edited by Gian-Luca

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

My mistake, I thought you meant the club rather than the website. You're right though!

Pasher has been starting for Houston in preseason so I wouldn't be surprised to see him start.

All good. I could have been more clear!

Either way, seemingly a good sign for Tyler. The more Canadians starting weekly at this level, the better. 

Ah the voice of positivity.  It may have been SJ, but he took his chance when it was there.  Considering most of us thought it was a typo when MLS predicted he would start, he did pretty damn well.  Full marks for his assist, looks like he could have had a couple as he was all over the highlights, right side, left side, had a wicked shot blocked, taking corners.  He didnt look like a guy playing his second MLS game.  Hats off to him, it took alot of USL grinding but maybe he has found a MLS home in Houston.  

11 hours ago, Floortom said:

Damn...Pasher looks very solid. For one match, I’m taking him  over a lot of other names that get thrown into CanMNT contention tbh.

I missed the game so this statement is interesting.....like who?

11 hours ago, Floortom said:

Damn...Pasher looks very solid. For one match, I’m taking him  over a lot of other names that get thrown into CanMNT contention tbh.

Our team depth is way past the point of calling every player who suits up for MLS, especially for attacking players. 

About 6 years ago that may have been the case but our program is overflowing with options.  

Pasher is a nice feel good story to get into MLS at age 27; I’m really happy for him.  That doesn’t put him on the radar of the national team.

He was treated unfairly at Sporting KC so I’m glad he’s taken his second MLS start with both hands.

For those unaware, he started one game for KC away at Vancouver and was subbed out at the half. He never had another shot. Conversely it frustrates me to see other players who haven’t done a thing at any level I.e. Spencer, Dorsey get so many shots.

Lets hope this is like a Kaye redemption story. He led all players in MLS with 4 key passes last night.