Tyler Pasher

Dub Narcotic

He’s definitely good enough to contribute at the MLS level.  Not sure what happened with New York but he was on a terrible Houston team that was trying anything to get a win and he got a  bit of a raw deal IMO.

as far as Canadian national team players, he’s probably at the top for golazos over the past few years. He’s had a number of worldies.

23 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Yup I can’t figure this one out, guy has excelled at the USL level to the point where MLS teams took notice . Every time I saw him play with Houston the guy stood out and created and scored goals . Then out of the blue Houston let’s him go goes to the Red Bulls and they let him go before he even plays a game . What am I missing here ? What did he do , did he sleep with the coaches wife ? The guy is definitely an MLS caliber player , and he is not considered an international he is a domestic player per MLS rules, having gone through the TFC Academy system.  Shame on TFC and all the other MLS teams for not signing this guy, consider some of the useless players each of these teams have . 

You should mention that to the Whitecaps. There is alot of their fans that seem to think there is no Canadaian MLS quality players available for them.

43 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

You should mention that to the Whitecaps. There is alot of their fans that seem to think there is no Canadaian MLS quality players available for them.

He fits a classic profile for similar Cancon signings to the club during its MLS time:  younger but experienced journeyman.  Also, they just off loaded a natural left footed wingback/fullback to TFC.  

So I am a little surprised he hasn't had a look.  Schuster/Sartini/ownership/marketing want to to go in a different direction.

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

He’s definitely good enough to contribute at the MLS level.  Not sure what happened with New York but he was on a terrible Houston team that was trying anything to get a win and he got a  bit of a raw deal IMO.

as far as Canadian national team players, he’s probably at the top for golazos over the past few years. He’s had a number of worldies.

He was released by NYRB because he didn't want to play for the II team, which honestly I get. I don't know why Houston let him go but they are poorly run so there's that.

Edited by VinceA

23 minutes ago, VinceA said:

He was released by NYRB because he didn't want to play for the II team, which honestly I get. I don't know why Houston let him go but they are poorly run so there's that.

Pat Onstad is there I think as their GM no, and still had no effect on Pasher staying , however, don’t know if he was GM during Pasher’s time at Houston.

1 minute ago, SoccMan said:

Pat Onstad is there I think as their GM no, and still had no effect on Pasher staying , however, don’t know if he was GM during Pasher’s time at Houston.

Pretty sure he was the one who let him go.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's Tyler with the decisive moment the Legion's upset win over Charlotte FC in the US Open cup last night.

He drew the red card in the 51st minute in a nil nil game, which helped B'ham take over the game from that point forward. They went on to get the game's only goal a few minutes later and held on for a 1-0 upset win.

The win propels them into the quarterfinals (where they will host Kamal Miller and Inter Miami) in only the teams 5th year of existence! It also happened in front of 12 722 fans, making it the biggest crowd to ever watch a professional soccer game in the state of Alabama.

30 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

How did Pasher not get picked up by an MLS squad?  TFC has no depth but prob could have signed him for near the league minimum...

Would be a great depth signing for TFC , moreover , I think he did well with Houston still can’t understand why they let him go .

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

How did Pasher not get picked up by an MLS squad?  TFC has no depth but prob could have signed him for near the league minimum...

On some level it might be partly his choice. 

I've read elsewhere that USL stars can make upwards of $100,000.

His reported contract with Houston paid him 150k, while the MLS league min. is 85k.

So if any potential MLS offer was somewhere closer to the min., than what Houston paid, he would have to decide what his priorities are. 

Take a bit of a pay cut to play week in, week out, or get paid a bit more, but perhaps rarely get on the field?

Everyone has their own path, but knowing Herdman, and if Pasher wants to get back to CMNT picture he needs to get back to MLS. He was on the last GC squad and got a cameo.  Maybe that ship has sailed and steady minutes/pay is the priority, he is 29.  He was so lively, wing or inverted wing cutting in, seemed like he was a bright spot for Houston and it all went sideways last year.  It really burns me when TFC complain there is no bench, no depth when its guys like this (mb not a winger) that BB should be sniffing out, good value for the money, experienced and hungry.