Tyler Pasher

Dub Narcotic

18 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Has he?  He's still on the roster. I mean, he's playing some games for SPR, but it's not like he's been replaced by Musa. I think it's more likely a depth move. 

It's my understanding that he's been moved from the Supplemental Roster (spots 21-24 on a MLS roster) to the Reserve Roster (Spots 29-30) to make room for Musa. Reserve roster players don't train with the SKC first team and need to move into another roster spot to play an MLS game.

But, the MLSsoccer.com roster doesn't seem to be up to date and the article that gave me the Google Alert about Pasher is currently down so who knows.

Edited by harrycoyster

4 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

It's my understanding that he's been moved from the Supplemental Roster (spots 21-24 on a MLS roster) to the Reserve Roster (Spots 29-30) to make room for Musa. Reserve roster players don't train with the SKC first team and need to move into another roster spot to play an MLS game.

He couldn't, because ito be a reserve in the spots 29-30, you need to be a homegrown which Pasher isn't.

3 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

He couldn't, because ito be a reserve in the spots 29-30, you need to be a homegrown which Pasher isn't.

It appears you are right. Might be why The Blue Testament took down the article. According to MLSsoccer.com Pasher is currently a Reserve Roster (25-28) player, but Musa moved into one of those slots which are currently occupied by Pasher, Didic, Storm and Zendejas. Until MLS updates their website I guess there is no way of knowing for sure who got bumped down. 

• 3 months later...

Pasher was released by Sporting KC.

This was coming unfortunately. The Pasher at leftback experiment didn't work and he doesn't have the technical ability to play on the wing in MLS. "Fast, strong, lack of technique, no clear position" is available to MLS teams in the back end of the MLS Draft every season. Pasher is dispensable.

Hopefully he'll land at a USL team that will give him the opportunity to make a few mistakes at fullback and see if he can grow into the role. 

4 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Pasher was released by Sporting KC.

This was coming unfortunately. The Pasher at leftback experiment didn't work and he doesn't have the technical ability to play on the wing in MLS. "Fast, strong, lack of technique, no clear position" is available to MLS teams in the back end of the MLS Draft every season. Pasher is dispensable.

Hopefully he'll land at a USL team that will give him the opportunity to make a few mistakes at fullback and see if he can grow into the role. 

Unfortunately I agree with this one. I dont see a player who can forge a career in MLS, the level is too high.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

So Atlanta is going to run a USL team??  Dont they know that its a waste of time and money??  

Atlanta has a NYRB level number prospects that project to the MLS level. Makes sense for them. Orlando pulled out of USL for the same reason Vancouver did....if the talent isn't there at u19, no reason to lose millions in USL when they are far better off putting that money into the academy proper.

Note that both Orlando and Vancouver didn't relinquish their USL franchise rights. Both are planning on relaunching for USL D3 in 2019, where they will hopefully be more competitive. 

Edited by harrycoyster

39 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Atlanta has a NYRB level number prospects that project to the MLS level. Makes sense for them. Orlando pulled out of USL for the same reason Vancouver did....if the talent isn't there at u19, no reason to lose millions in USL when they are far better off putting that money into the academy proper.

Note that both Orlando and Vancouver didn't relinquish their USL franchise rights. Both are planning on relaunching for USL D3 in 2019, where they will hopefully be more competitive. 

I'll believe that when I see it. Even if it is the case, I think there's also a fundamental flaw in thinking that you can shut down your USL team for a year and not expect to loss a lot of coaching competency/infrastructure capacity, not to mention fan base... and then they'll wonder why they suck, can't develop any players and no one shows up to their games. Penny wise pound foolish. 

21 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

I'll believe that when I see it. Even if it is the case, I think there's also a fundamental flaw in thinking that you can shut down your USL team for a year and not expect to loss a lot of coaching competency/infrastructure capacity, not to mention fan base... and then they'll wonder why they suck, can't develop any players and no one shows up to their games. Penny wise pound foolish. 

I think that me and the other 7 fans that have paid for VWC2 tickets are going to be okay with a hiatus. Any loss in infrastructure/coaching is well covered by reallocation of the resources.

I'm just glad Atlanta and other MLS teams have their USL teams and in a round about way help keep the dream alive for some of our CDN kids. 

Is Orlando B not going next year? When did they announce that?  Its too bad if its true, they and rochester (also not going next year) played alot of CDN kids.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Is Orlando B not going next year? When did they announce that?  Its too bad if its true, they and rochester (also not going next year) played alot of CDN kids.  

Yup announced a few days ago that they are putting the team on hiatus for a season. They said that the style of play needed to be competitive at the USL level was not conducive to the development of thier players. Cost/benefit isn't there.

The Red Bulls and RSL are the only two teams above the Rio Grande that can play in USL with u20s and accomplish their developmental goals. One of those teams draws from the biggest metropolis in North America and the other heavily scouts both sides of the talent rich Mexican border....not sustainable for anyone else given the regular opposition in USL is ex-NCAA 25 year old men who are faster, stronger, and taller. 

46 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Who cares about being competitive at youth level. Why is it only North America cares about this and is also not great at developing players?

USL isn't youth level, the average age of the league is 24. USL is where MLS teams want to cultivate MLS prospects in the 17-19 age range, but its proved hard for most teams to overcome the physical hurdle (even for teams that can field 11 players above USL level technically....which the Caps and Montreal couldn't do).

Generally speaking there are two archetypes for USL teams:

1) MLS2 teams. Young, technical, smaller, development focused (keep the ball on the ground, midfield heavy formations, etc.).

2) "Could have played in the NFL teams". The wingers are fast, the strikers are tall, the defenders are linebackers, the midfielders close down quickly and go shoulder to shoulder at every opportunity. The owners tell their coaches to win at all costs because losing means the team folds.

Outside of the best teams in category 1, category 2 wins almost every time. Winning is whatever though...it's the way the game is being played that's the problem. The games become developmentally useless when it's 11 USL level men against 11 teenage USL/MLS prospects.

Look at Pierre De Silva on Orlando City B, a 19 year old 4* TDS prospect. He had 3 goals in 21 starts for Orlando City this year from LW/ST. Meh right? Actually he was tied for third in the league on chance conversion rate, but was fouled 57 times in the opponents half and suffered a broken nose and concussion. All that USL is doing for him is preparing him for a potential UFC career.

The jump from the developmental, never lifted a weight, orange slices and juice USSDA to the physicality of the USL stunts development. The teams and league know this, which is why the second division is being established.  

Edited by harrycoyster

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Big_M said:

In 2017, started 25 of 27 usl games played (including) with Swope Park  and played 1 mls game with Sporting KC. In 2018 signed with Indy Eleven

http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/884344?referrer_id=2333971

He was training with Atlanta United only a couple week ago. Guess he didn't want to spend another year on an MLS2 team.

• 1 year later...

He's been on a great run of form with Indy Eleven this year.

4 goals in his last 5 games (6 in 14 apps all year)  Been on the team of the week twice and Indy are on a 5 game win streak in that span.

He's still only 25.  With a couple more MLS teams coming in next year and presumably he has or is well on his way to getting a green card he has a chance to make the jump again after having a cup of coffee with KC a few years ago. 

Nice to see.

1 hour ago, downtownordinary said:

He's been on a great run of form with Indy Eleven this year.

4 goals in his last 5 games (6 in 14 apps all year)  Been on the team of the week twice and Indy are on a 5 game win streak in that span.

He's still only 25.  With a couple more MLS teams coming in next year and presumably he has or is well on his way to getting a green card he has a chance to make the jump again after having a cup of coffee with KC a few years ago. 

Nice to see.

Would he be considered a domestic due to his time at the TFC academy? I can't remember these unnecessary restrictions on Canadians....

Just make them domestic league wide already...remove the complication.

I know it will never happen, but I dream of the day where MLS drops all this tam, gam and sam nonsense and just has a salary cap, straight up. No dps, no fuss.

Make it a 25 million dollar cap and let teams figure it out. Raise the minimum salary to $150,000 with no max salary.

Oh, and do something about transfer fees counting against the cap. Why must you comingle player salary and transfer fee? Those two things are functionally seperate and should thus be kept seperate.

This is not rocket appliances, MLS.

Edited by Obinna

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Pasher scores again for Indy in USL-C against StL.  .  From the highlights it looked like he could have had a hat trick and a couple assists as well.  Haworth and Ouimette also started.  Paris Gee and JGL started for ST Louis.  Pasher is definitely playing like a guy who deserves a look at a higher level.