Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

9 minutes ago, C2SKI said:

Hoilett on the other wing

Yea that should be a no brainer.. he’s first name on the team sheet for us even ahead of Borjan. 

How lame and pathetic is it to dream of all this talent we suddenly have but waiting 4 months..  I know it’s been said 1000 times but it’s so bizarre.  At first it was crazy that our MLS teams didn’t play Canadians and now we’re finally past that but not playing matches.. 

Edited by Keegan

14 minutes ago, davey_twelve said:

Anyone able to watch LAFC much this season? I'm only going off of highlights and stats (things like Audi index are not too reliable) but it seems like Kaye has been one of the most consistent players on what is currently a top MLS side.

I thought he was arguably LAFC's best player in the game today - was credited with an assist on the 2nd goal for LAFC. Re: the Audi index, he got the 2nd highest rating in the Audi index in the game, so this is one occasion where I'd say that index was actually indicative of good play (a lot of the times, it's not IMO).

11 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

Anyone able to watch LAFC much this season? I'm only going off of highlights and stats (things like Audi index are not too reliable) but it seems like Kaye has been one of the most consistent players on what is currently a top MLS side.

I missed last nights game but I have seen bits and pieces of most LAFC games this season.

I think anyone who says Kaye is not doing well is not paying attention.

He is a key player in the side in the same way Piette is for Montreal. He uses his athleticism to break things up in the midfield, allowing Feilhaber and (especially) Vela to do the creating. 

Some people doubted his ability to play, I think, but I never did. Since the first moment I saw him in Qatar, he showed good ability on the ball. This is why he finds himself in the side. Athleticism is not enough, especially in the team LAFC has. You have to be good enough on the ball to see the field - and he is.

15 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

If he can keep his spot once Horta arrives and Nguyen settles in then I’ll get really excited, not to discount his play but it’s still early Ish, the battle is only coming now.

Agreed. You'd think someone would have to make room but if he keeps his spot that would really be incredible considering he signed from USL and it  would (hopefully) quiet the doubters who still believe he is a fringe NT player for us. I think at this point he is firmly in the mix for our best 18 at minimum.

As incrdible as it would be to see him continue in the side once Horta arrives and Nguyen settles, I don't think it is far fetched. Coach bradley is going to want to keep the balance he has now in the midfield. I don't know much about Horta, but I don't think he's a like for like with Kaye, and we know Nguyen definitely is not.

I think Nguyen is either going to be the alternative for Feilhaber, or he'll play alongside him, allowing Vela to push higher up the field. Horta will probably eat into Blessings PT, but Latif has also been very good.

We'll just have to see what happens I guess, but I am still optimitic Kaye will feature heavily even if he starts less regularly later in the season.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

He is a key player in the side in the same way Piette is for Montreal. He uses his athleticism to break things up in the midfield, allowing Feilhaber and (especially) Vela to do the creating. 

What I'm seeing (in the highlights I have to admit) is that he get's in or around the box a lot more often than Piette. Hence his goal and assists. And he has a nice shot, so I think he'll get another couple of goals so long as he keeps playing. 

2 hours ago, shamrock said:

What I'm seeing (in the highlights I have to admit) is that he get's in or around the box a lot more often than Piette. Hence his goal and assists. And he has a nice shot, so I think he'll get another couple of goals so long as he keeps playing. 

Yup agreed. He is more box-to-box than Piette, but like Sam he breaks up plays and liberates the other midfielders to attack. That's all I was saying. In that way they serve the same purpose.

LA is more attacking than Montreal so that's one of the reasons we see Kaye higher up the field than Piette. That and he has the tools to contribute higher up the pitch.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Yup agreed. He is more box-to-box than Piette, but like Sam he breaks up plays and liberates the other midfielders to attack. That's all I was saying. In that way they serve the same purpose.

LA is more attacking than Montreal so that's one of the reasons we see Kaye higher up the field than Piette. That and he has the tools to contribute higher up the pitch.

He's a big engine/big range/big athlete out there but he has some decent technical skills.  He couldn't have gone to a better situation for coaching and teammates.  He's going to get better, for sure.  I'm just glad that he's not in Vancouver.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if Kaye will become more of a spot starter/rotation option now that Horta is in the mix. Kaye has been great but Bob is also very high on Atuesta and I can't  see Fielhaber getting dropped. Lee Nguyen is also rounding into form and Vela will be back in the 11 after the WC. Team is loaded. Best in the West IMO.

9 hours ago, FC_Hali said:

I wonder if Kaye will become more of a spot starter/rotation option now that Horta is in the mix. Kaye has been great but Bob is also very high on Atuesta and I can't  see Fielhaber getting dropped. Lee Nguyen is also rounding into form and Vela will be back in the 11 after the WC. Team is loaded. Best in the West IMO.

Kaye is a strong graft guy who covers a lot of territory defending high or covering deep.  You need a guy like that to give your midfield the right balance.  I think he'll keep his place.

Guest Tg11
8 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Kaye is a strong graft guy who covers a lot of territory defending high or covering deep.  You need a guy like that to give your midfield the right balance.  I think he'll keep his place.

At least I hope he stays consistent for Canada because to think the CONCACAF Nations League/2019 Gold Cup is coming up and he's gonna be a huge part of that but also the 2022 CONCACAF qualifiers too especially if Canada is trying to qualify.

1 minute ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Robert suggested yesterday or two days ago that teams would purposely throw qualifiers as a way to boycott Qatar because of blatant human rights valuation that happen there.

No offense to you at all but it would be a mistake of gigantic proportions to pay attention to anything either one of those mental midgets post here...the evidence is at hand and ever- expanding