Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

1 minute ago, longlugan said:

No offense to you at all but it would be a mistake of gigantic proportions to pay attention to anything either one of those mental midgets post here...the evidence is at hand and ever- expanding

Nah I don’t believe it i’m just telling you where tg11 was coming from with the whole not trying.

Guest Tg11
1 minute ago, LeoH037 said:

Seriously tho, moving to LAFC has been great for Kaye, its clear that learning from Bob Bradley and Marc Dos Santos has so far been having an impact on his growth as a player, he's gone a step up in quality in a relatively short time from his USL days

Well look at who he has to learn from that being Vela, Jonathan Dos Santos and Ibrahimovic most importantly

Does Kaye's rapid development suggest he might have the goods for a transfer to a better league in a year or two? He is still quite young! I know it is too early to tell, but he is quickly becoming a promising player for us, and I wonder what his ceiling might be. What does our MNT front 6 look like?

Cava 

Davies Kaye Arfield Hoillet

Piette

--

Pretty darn strong, and I am not even including Hutch and Osorio. (Hutch would start a head of Kaye, for now, but we know Hutch cannot be our guy forever. I like how Osorio has come along this past year or so, but I feel a bit more confident in the chemistry of this 6.)

Edited by The Beaver

3 hours ago, The Beaver said:

Does Kaye's rapid development suggest he might have the goods for a transfer to a better league in a year or two? He is still quite young! I know it is too early to tell, but he is quickly becoming a promising player for us, and I wonder what his ceiling might be. What does our MNT front 6 look like?

Cava 

Piette

--

Pretty darn strong, and I am not even including Hutch and Osorio. (Hutch would start a head of Kaye, for now, but we know Hutch cannot be our guy forever. I like how Osorio has come along this past year or so, but I feel a bit more confident in the chemistry of this 6.)

Chemistry...... Lack thereof. 

On 7/4/2018 at 12:31 PM, The Beaver said:

Cava 

Piette

--

Sorry Osario starts in my books you find a way to get your best players on the field at the same time, this is the Canadian national soccer team we are talking about a team who up until recently was populated with unattached FC players .

28 minutes ago, 1996 said:

Sorry Osario starts in my books you find a way to get your best players on the field at the same time, this is the Canadian national soccer team we are talking about a team who up until recently was populated with unattached FC players .

Tough to leave Osorio out of our best starting 11 the way he's playing, but there is a lot of competition. It's a good problem to have.

Piette is having a good season. Kaye is having a good season. Osorio is having a good season. Could we play all 3? Sure. But who drops to the bench? Hutchinson? Arfield? Someone is going to have to sit.

It's not just the middle of the field where there are tough decisions to be made. Larin and Cavallini and Jackson-Hamel may all be vying for one spot. AJH is probably the easy omittion, but if he gets hot who knows?

On the wings, Junior and Davies are more obvious choices, but there are several player behind them worthy of a bench spot, and some good players will miss out. Edwards is promising, Akindele still has something - obviously, young Millar showed us what he can do, Aird is capable of turning it on, Petrasso can play there, and even Ricketts has a chance because of his pace, experience, scoring record, etc. Sure he's better suited up top, but it's another player who creates a log jam. 

I think the days of no depth are behind us now. No more days of 4, 5 or 6 players from unattached FC - especially with the CPL looming large.

Edited by Obinna

Having been a NT fan for awhile now, it’s amazing to have to debate which in form players we would play....

davies, hutch, hoillett, Arfield, Osorio, Piette, Kaye, wotherspoon... 

all in form guys who could play..

then add in Edwards, Akindele...

And upfront we debate Larin or Cavallini.. 

only the D and goalies..

4 hours ago, 1996 said:

I think Osorio and Arfield are very similar players for me, so I'd want to keep Kaye out there because of his rangy athleticism and his ability to get forward AND back. I would opt for Arfield over Osorio because I feel Scottie brings more leadership to the squad, and a relatively young team needs that anchor and voice and experience in the middle of he park. Osorio is a much quieter player.  Still, it is a good problem to have.  Just have to solve the backline, especially CB.