Tesho Akindele

• 2 months later...

Akindele should sign with the Colorado Rapids, they need goals desperately and it guarantees Tesho playing time! He grew up just outside of Denver in Thornton and rejected to join their academy at 17 to focus in school before going to School

Overall sounds like a perfect fit, I still think he has the level to continue playing in MLS 

That’s a tough squad to breakthrough but he’s an MLS level player.  Surprised they’re letting Reid go as well without a proper look.  

Tesho to Cavalary? That would be a great signing for the league.  Guys around the Tesho, Ricketts, Jackson, Haber level are attainable. 

Tesho is such a strange one. He has a good eye for goal, isn't slow or overly pacey but has the physical attributes you would expect for him to be a great target man but isn't. he looks best as a support playing deeper. 

Generally there are better suited players to the position he looks best at. Where ever he goes I hope it's to start and get more consistent games. CPL would of course be a step down but big for the league. 

11 hours ago, Blackdude said:

It's also mentioned in the article that Dallas is still negotiating with him. So, at best he would go in Re-entry draft. San Jose and Orlando would have the option to pick up before Colorado. I think that he'll stay in MLS unless  a CPL  team really pays him a lot of money. 

With the CPL budget in the "north of seven figures" total - ie around a million - I can't see the CPL being a viable option. Outside of sports, I am not sure many people would be happy to take a 60-plus percent pay cut, and I can't see it happening here either. Nor can I see a team paying one (non-household name) player 15 percent of their budget.

5 hours ago, BCM1555362349 said:

With the CPL budget in the "north of seven figures" total - ie around a million - I can't see the CPL being a viable option. Outside of sports, I am not sure many people would be happy to take a 60-plus percent pay cut, and I can't see it happening here either. Nor can I see a team paying one (non-household name) player 15 percent of their budget.

He might also be looking at the reality that the league has improved so much, over just his time alone, that he has gone from an impact MLS player to a bubble player. Add in his age and the fact that he already chose engineering over soccer, and I wonder how much longer he'll postpone the next stage of his professional life.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

He definitely will. 

Orlando City is sooo shit. 

Couldn't agree more and I'm glad he is going to be given another opportunity in MLS. 

"In total, Akindele scored 24 goals and eight assists over 133 appearances (67 starts) with FC Dallas".

Nothing outstanding but not awful either, though he didn't really see the field much this season( only 577 minutes).

Wishing him the best and hoping he establishes himself with consistent minutes.

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Ngravs said:

Nice start for Tesho with a game tying goal. Great use of his speed to find himself unmarked for an easy tap in. 

Seemed to injure himself in making that run though, and was substituted right after.

He is. He just isn't a natural no.9 or quite 10 either and both his versatility and attributes have cost him a main starter berth as much as kept him a useful squad member. 

The right coach could be the making of the man though. He is useful already for sure. 

• 2 months later...