Tesho Akindele

For all the talk of young guys getting their careers started, Tesho got an assist in a 1-0 win today. Has a goal and an assist, and started all 5 games for Orlando this season. I would like to see him called for June, especially if we take a couple extra bodies. If down a goal with 20 minutes left he is a great option to have on the bench. I would bring him on before Millar, Corbeanu, Nelson, etc..

2 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

Not if he misses as many as he has tonight. Every chance will matter especially against Suriname and the 2 legged playoff.

Nobody says he has to start...I think he should be there.

I think he had a game (against TFC) that should show up good in the metrics.  Ie he should get credit for getting into those spots and getting scoring chances, yes he didnt convert 2 golden ones.  But if they had of switched jerseys, Altidore wouldnt have even gotten a shot on net for Orlando.  Wasteful, eeehh a bit, but he is still getting into the right spots, making the right runs to help create the chances.  

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 12:30 PM, VinceA said:

I think Tesho for sure is at the GC, and perhaps as starting striker.

It really depends on the way we plan to structure the squad.   If we were just taking an A- or B+ squad I would agree.  But with the chance to call up some young duals and still maybe involve some senior players it is really hard to say where this one lands.  

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

He's still only 29, but in another era, Tesho would have received far more national team caps at this point in his career. Supporters Shield and US Open Cup Winner, and now nearing 50 goals and 20 career assists in MLS

Wow, I can’t believe he’s 29 already. It does not seem like that long ago that we were fighting for him to commit to Canada. That really felt like a huge win for us at the time.

9 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

It is worth watching how his starting place is affected by the return of Dike.  That will certainly be a very competitive starting spot battle.

Going to be tough for Tesho as Dike scores a brace. Tesho came in as a sub for Dike and gets an assist, but Tesho needs Dike to get sold in order to have starter mins in Orlando

Tesho has 3 goals and 4 assists in 9 games so far this year. Even if he's behind Dike for the rest of the season he should have some nice stats this year. 

Orlando are in Leagues Cup, so possibly 3 extra games that Tesho could get in, and the playoffs are seeming likely for the Lions this season.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Tesho has 3 goals and 4 assists in 9 games so far this year. Even if he's behind Dike for the rest of the season he should have some nice stats this year. 

Orlando are in Leagues Cup, so possibly 3 extra games that Tesho could get in, and the playoffs are seeming likely for the Lions this season.

The Leagues Cup is back? Ugh. At least it looks like TFC isn't in it this year.

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

The Leagues Cup is back? Ugh. At least it looks like TFC isn't in it this year.

Yeah it's pretty lame. At least it provides extra games Tesho may get in. Well extra "game" if Orlando don't win. It's quarter-final, semi-final and final, all single games hosted in Orlando. 

• 2 weeks later...

Possible Akindele, like Guti, Baldy and Hasal at the Caps will greater benefit from being at their clubs. Likewise the clubs may have been in conversation too. 

Still other than Gutierrez I don't know the above would displace anyone in the squad. Fraser is the argument but the set up seem to love him. Would have put Priso in for him first though.