Tesho Akindele

I see canMNT used outside of twitter.

For example the actual mls website uses it often.

http://m.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/11/06/canmnt-12-mls-players-included-canadas-roster-upcoming-friendly-vs-panama

And the post i was referring to was on twitter whre they didnt use #canMNT and where hashtags are most used. Just saying, would be nice if mls twitter treated canadian soccer in the same way.

You can also search for CANMNT on google and it will think you are searching for Canadian Mens National Soccer team.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just re-reading this roller coaster of a thread and thought it was funny to see how we wrote him off about 3 times over the course of the year. Not sure if any of the players actually read these forums ever but just in case they do I always like to go back and give the guys who deserve it props.

Welcome to the program Tesho and I think I speak for everyone when I say we are happy to have you and take back any negative things that may have been said,.

• 2 months later...

Pretty good article on Akindele and his CanMNT time.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/09/01/fc-dallas-striker-tesho-akindele-using-canada-call-ups-grow-it-opens-your-mi

It is interesting to hear what he thinks about Floro's tactics: “Benito is really about pressing all the time,” Akindele said. “I think my pressuring has improved from when I went to Canada.”

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/04/23/new-england-revolution-teal-bunbury-reflects-usmnt-canada-tesho-akindele

New England Revolution's Teal Bunbury reflects on USMNT-Canada choice facing Tesho Akindele

Because it's fun to watch people's blood pressure go up. lol

The timing of these articles are so predictable.

As soon as there is a CMNT - Akindele link on MLSsoccer.com, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be a follow up that subtly suggests Tesho would be wise to weight out his options (as if to say - don't forget the US son).

In this case, they compare Tesho's situation with Teal's, which is fine - but then in the interview Bunbury expectedly stands by his choice - thus creating a pro-USMNT feel to the article.

I would have liked to see some tough questions that really explore the impacts of his choice, such as:

Q: You have only recieved 4 caps since your debut in 2012. Do you think a career with Canada would have given you a better chance at a more distinguished international career?

Q: The label of a US international is arguably more attractive than a Canadian international due to the varying degrees of success of both programs- yet there are many examples of players that opt to represent smaller nations and go on to have great international careers. Do you view your choice as a gamble that hasn't paid off thus far?

The reality is that career growth is a major factor in decided who to play for - yet there is little focus on that here. The only mention is that the US provides a better shot at the WC. That should come with an astersk reminding readers you only have a chance if you are part of the group (which he is not)

Someone should do the same article with Will Johnson.

A little tongue in cheek on my part. Well young Bunbury it appears Tesho has surpassed you already on the international stage having also scored 1 goal and having made one more appearance in only less than a year in contrast to Bunbury who has played 4 times only since 2012's cap tie. In the article he says he has no regrets. I wonder if that's the truth cause yeah USA will most likely make 2018 but will he be a part of it or contribute to it, who knows? Again glad Tesho chose the harder road and hope he gets rewarded for it.

post-4102-0-98603300-1442514583_thumb.jp

post-4102-0-21396700-1442514602_thumb.jp

Edited by BlackOps

• 9 months later...

Tesho has 5 goals and 2 assists so far this year. I am happy for that. He might break his old record of 8 (7?) this season even if he gets pushed down the depth chart. 

You know, even with the reduced minutes he's been playing, he still puts up good numbers and is still affective. 

I'm not too worried about his future in Dallas. I think they have confidence in him. I don't think he needs to be a starter to be valuable to them (and to us). Clearly he is in good form and he does play with one of the top teams in MLS. Probably better off in Dallas with reduced minutes than becoming a starter at a less successful club.

If anything, Dallas looking for a new #9 affects Urruti more than it does Akindele. Plus, his dual citizenship gives him more options to be traded if Dallas decides they don't have more room for him. I'm not worried about it.

FYI, he's signed with Dallas through 2018 according to this in case we are wondering in a year or two: http://www.bigdsoccer.com/2015/6/25/8846123/fc-dallas-contract-extensions-mauro-diaz-tesho-akindele-moises-hernandez 

Just by looking at their match summaries the team seems to be more successful when he is playing. Even looking mid-gamwa when is subbed on or off the result favors Dallas while he is playing. I am not sure what his +/- is, but it appears to be pretty good. I wonder why he doesn't go the full 90 more often?

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Castillo sold to Turkey. More playing time for Tesho? 

It's a loan.

3 million from FCD with an option to buy for an additional 1 million. 

Dallas has money now but the Window is closed so they cannot buy any players. Good news for Tesho, I guess.

Edited by Obinna

2 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

More playing time for Tesho? 

The best thing for Tesho is that Dallas needs to rotate their squad because they are playing:

-MLS (top of the West and are going to fight to stay there)
-US Open Cup
-Concacaf Champions League

Tesho was subbed in at the 56th minute today. Dallas just won 2-1 vs Real Estelí (in Dallas).

Ideal situation:

The game I think we all really hope he starts in is the one AT Real Estelí on August 24th. He will therefore have played a game in central american conditions 1 week before our crucial WCQ in San Pedro Sula. If he starts on August 24th it also likely means he won't on Saturday August 27th vs Dallas meaning he would be better rested for September 2nd!

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

It's a loan.

3 million from FCD with an option to buy for an additional 1 million. 

Dallas has money now but the Window is closed so they cannot buy any players. Good news for Tesho, I guess.

It's been made pretty clear Castillo wanted out. It's a sale in all but name, MLS wanted some way to keep their asset if instability in Turkey led Castillo's new team from being able to pay the second instalment. Even if that happens, I can't see him back in FCD