Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

Lucas Cavallini has come off the bench for Tijuana in the 56th minute.  Currently down 2-0 to Club America and has only been on for about 10 minutes.  In the 10 minutes he has won a tackle, had a decent shot saved, earned a dangerous free kick and won a header off a corner.  On top of that, he is pressing at an extremely high speed.

Edit: Tijuana has gone down to 10 men after a straight red card, just 13 minutes after Cavallini entered the game.

Cavallini just provided the assist on a goal to make it 2-1 America over Tijuana.  Currently in the 84th minute.

10 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

Hockey assisted on their second goal

Beyond that, did not look good. Seems like he'd rather tussle with CB's than make the runs he needs to. He's a pylon with the ball at his feet these days too. Hope I'm wrong, but watching him, I just don't know what his plan is half the time. 

I mean he didn't have a pre-season with Tijuana and has probably just been training on his own.

4 hours ago, Wasp said:

With Ugbo not seeing the field these days, it's really great that Cav found a club at a good level and is in form. He's really our only playable ST after Larin and David at the moment.

"After our dominant Ligue 1 and La Liga strikers, we have to settle for a Liga MX striker as our third option because our other Ligue 1 striker isn't quite clicking right now."  What an era we're in.

• 2 weeks later...