Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

44 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

I don’t know. My memory of vintage Bradley is fuzzy but feel like that’s not the profile. Bradley hasn’t weighted a single ball into space in his career as well as the one Kone played last week. 

I’d say someone like Moussa Sissoko. Progressive ball carrier. Plays box-to-box. 

This is not a prediction... ...but I get some Yaya Toure vibes from Kone.   No, he's not nearly the man-among-boys force yet that Toure was, but the same confidence on the ball, the same wicked right foot, the same vision/passing range and box-to-box ability - I mean, who knows...

1 minute ago, GasPed said:

This is not a prediction... ...but I get some Yaya Toure vibes from Kone.   No, he's not nearly the man-among-boys force yet that Toure was, but the same confidence on the ball, the same wicked right foot, the same vision/passing range and box-to-box ability - I mean, who knows...

That would be sweet !

2 hours ago, GasPed said:

Totally fair, we’re all guessing at this point. 

52 minutes ago, toontownman said:

He has a sneaky pacey dribble on him which makes sense as he was a left winger until now. Excited to see what he looks like with better players around him.

Good eye. He was exactly that. I was watching his clips on youtube from club nationals two years ago and he definitely was a left winger cutting inside. 

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He rose up the ranks so fast, I'm not sure they had time! How many of us here knew about him 4 months ago, let alone rated him enough that we felt he deserved a senior call?

They could have made contact after his debut, it’s not hard to make a call.

9 hours ago, GasPed said:

Not a bad shout. Reminds me of Pogba in some respects. Obviously not at that level, but he’s well rounded, technically gifted, and has some real athleticism/pace for the position.

2 hours ago, archer21 said:

Not a bad shout. Reminds me of Pogba in some respects. Obviously not at that level, but he’s well rounded, technically gifted, and has some real athleticism/pace for the position.

Same.  Pogba is the example that pops up most in my head.  Obviously not the same ceiling, but style of play and type of impact on the field.

12 minutes ago, top cheese said:

He was on the Quebec team. NL tied them 2-2 

Yup. Not sure what club he was playing for, but St. John's looked to be the NL rep. Knowing what it's like to play for that club I imagine they were pretty happy with the result. 

It's pretty remarkable to be playing at that youth level just a few years ago and now being selected for WCQ. That's arguably a bigger leap than David made.