Enes Sali

Dominic94

25 minutes ago, Macksam said:

I wouldn't mind UT though if I were you, he's just a little salty since....when Chinese laborers enter the Camp Nou to reduce 40% of its Capacity to increase demand and profit maximization...it will be priceless.

Given the name of the player we are supposed to be talking about, there is Salí  pun to be made somewhere here but I don't quite have the Spanish to make it.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Given the name of the player we are supposed to be talking about, there is Salí  pun to be made somewhere here but I don't quite have the Spanish to make it.

Salí means "I left, I went out". 

So Enes would have to do the punning in 1st person. 

But since he spent SOOO much time at La Masia his Spanish would be good enough to do it! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I told people to watch for this kid months ago😄

CSA was made aware of him a long time ago.  The issue is that the CSA has no money for the youth so that means no camps anytime soon despite the 06's being a U17 World Cup cycle.  By the time Canada holds a camp for them next year, Enes will probably have played 10+ matches for Romania.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

To be playing pro football anywhere at 15 is wild. Looking at the situation broadly, and with no particular knowledge of the player himself, you have to like our chances. Seems similar to Corbeanu's situation.

We also had a certain 15 year old make his pro debut for the Whitecaps a few years back. He's doing rather well right now. 

Edited by Macksam

Do we need to start a go fund me page for the CSA? 

Maybe they get the message? Maybe they just take the donation lol.

Why is there no money? Lack of funding from the Goverment? Misappropriation of funds? All of the above?

This is a watershed moment in Canadian football and now is the time for investment in youth and coaching to match other nations like mandatory coaching training/licenses for youth coaches, more youth camps, games etc. We are heading in the right direction but it will be a slow dead end if we don't capitalize while the iron is hot Imo.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Do we need to start a go fund me page for the CSA? 

Maybe they get the message? Maybe they just take the donation lol.

Why is there no money? Lack of funding from the Goverment? Misappropriation of funds? All of the above?

This is a watershed moment in Canadian football and now is the time for investment in youth and coaching to match other nations like mandatory coaching training/licenses for youth coaches, more youth camps, games etc. We are heading in the right direction but it will be a slow dead end if we don't capitalize while the iron is hot Imo.

Being on this board, you shouldn't be asking these questions other than for rhetorical flourish.

Government only provides a portion of a sport org's funding. Own the Podium money goes to the women's team only. Canada Soccer has lost more sponsors than gained post 2015 WWC. Covid choked off player fee revenues & attendance revenues while increasing costs.

There are no u17 or u20 men WCs scheduled at this point for a must have youth camp. Women u17 is set for fall 2022.

Largest revenue game changer comes from making men's WC but you know the story. It's why Herdman switched over to the men's side.

Coach training and licensing standards have finally been rolled out but this will always be an incremental process and many are still happy reaping money running puppy mills.

Striking while the iron's hot adds to the incremental growth but it doesn't lead to sustainable interest. National team growth in a country where it isn't a top 5 spectator/tv sport means it's an incremental process over a generation assuming the minimum of making WCs for the men and then at least meeting expectations. 

Romania league is doing terribly, the coefficients are extremely low considering where they were. Like Bulgaria. 

I don't get folks can get excited about a kid getting a Romanian debut when we have kids in major leagues, England, Portugal, doing the same. There is no comparison. Mitrovic in Serbia is at a much higher level. Jebbison. If you miss one of those, fine, but someone in a league whose UEFA coefficient is flirting with minnowship?

I can't think of a single Romanian team doing anything in Europe for ages (Cluj?). Even Bulgaria has done better. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Romania league is doing terribly, the coefficients are extremely low considering where they were. Like Bulgaria. 

I don't get folks can get excited about a kid getting a Romanian debut when we have kids in major leagues, England, Portugal, doing the same. There is no comparison. Mitrovic in Serbia is at a much higher level. Jebbison. If you miss one of those, fine, but someone in a league whose UEFA coefficient is flirting with minnowship?

I can't think of a single Romanian team doing anything in Europe for ages (Cluj?). Even Bulgaria has done better. 

I think it’s because he is 15 and Romania is still a professional league. If he was 18 or 19, it would be a Mitrovic type situation and people would be less hyped.  
From the clips, he looks amazing on the ball and can dribble at speed and against men. Quite impressive at any age really.  The question will be can he pass, shoot, cross and play defence. That is difficult to see from the clips.   If he can add that to his game, wow but I would be excited about someone with this skill at this age.  
I suspect that with us having the side we have now and the 26 World Cup and Romania being meh at the European level at present, we have a good chance with him. We got Corbeanu but he wasn’t playing in Romania for Hagi’s club side. And we did lose Yankov to Bulgaria which seems similar in quality to Romania. 
I give it a 50/50 but Corbeanu will hopefully work his magic. 

37 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The info just came out about Sali, and there’s only 2 pages on the thread. I don’t think he’s really being overhyped here. He’s 15 and is a potential player for the future. Mitrovic and Jebbison have been talked about loads on here and many are very excited about them (particularly Jebbison). Mitrovic’s father’s comments have probably soured some posters’ opinions on him as well, right or wrong. 

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, jordan said:

Whoa, Gheorghe Hagi is his manager. Hugging him in that still image. Per wiki Hagi is the one who convinced his family to move the kid to Romania and join his current club.

Given that history, he may be capped by Romania sooner than later.