Enes Sali

Dominic94

12 hours ago, Buchta said:

He also played in almost every match (2nd half of the season) for Farul Constanța which is not too bad for a 16 year old... even if he is on the bench for the U19 national team.

Came on for the final 13 minutes vs Italy.

The potential is still there for sure. Still so much time for him to keep growing, I just didn’t see much improvement in the second half of the season on his decision-making. Let’s see what next season brings though, they made a lot of mid-to-poor signings already and let two stars go

Hopefully he’ll get even more game time and one on one with Hagi to grow up mentally now

Classic Romania, conceding last seconds of stoppage time

Missed some decent chances but refs have been bad throughout. Sali dribbled well after coming on and was fouled at edge of box but no call. valid goal ruled offside vs France as well and clear penalty not given Italy. Such a shame they miss out on U20 WC spot like this, although that second half vs Slovakia was not up to par of the other games anyways

will try to post some Sali videos later

Edited by Filip

3 hours ago, Big_M said:

that was no foul he simply slipped...romania is so weak right now...well at least co hosting the u21 euro next year

Fine for that one, but so many decisions especially in the first two games.

Today it’s true Romania didn’t deserve more than a draw, especially that second half.. definitely below par and that’s partly down to mentality, but this wasn’t offside vs France in the final mins:

Vs Italy, the shirt pull in the box on clear chance for Chiritoiu, the slight offside on France’s first goal as well. Could’ve walked away with 2 points after the first two matches and then gone to the U20 WC playoff..

and vs Slovakia should’ve done more, absolutely, but poor decisions there too

And all this without even Octavian Popescu, Dragusin, Baiaram, Cirjan, Vulturar, Bordusanu, El Sawy.. might mean nothing to most but there’s a big difference in terms of level and quality in these players vs most of this current U19 team

just tired of this sick mentality, even if the refs went against Romania, how can you blow it like that in the dying seconds..

CB371D51-6E9B-48AD-A41B-EB956A49C872.jpeg

954A259A-AE44-40EF-A4D0-5DB4EA970B94.jpeg

Edited by Filip

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

that was no foul he simply slipped...romania is so weak right now...well at least co hosting the u21 euro next year

Romania seniors are a joke. Canada is far faaar ahead. It’s just sad as we used to be a name in football.. happy I have Canada that’s improved so much. But how long do I have to wait for Romania to catch up… always seems like we have good technical players but something isn’t right. It’s frustrating as hell, and we don’t help ourselves at all

as for U21s, there some good attacking players there but I have doubts.. with the current coach especially clueless with no plan, they will embarrass themselves

And the U21s made semis in 2019 for what? Most flopped.. something is very wrong there

whereas Canada’s top players have elite mentality, Romanians cannot do anything seriously. I hoped it would change by now but I’m losing hope every year

sorry for going a bit off topic, just angry here

Will try and dig up some Sali videos later, though. Was a bit better today imo, but sometimes still clear his inexperience and age

Edited by Filip

26 minutes ago, Filip said:

Romania seniors are a joke. Canada is far faaar ahead. It’s just sad as we used to be a name in football.. happy I have Canada that’s improved so much. But how long do I have to wait for Romania to catch up… always seems like we have good technical players but something isn’t right. It’s frustrating as hell, and we don’t help ourselves at all

as for U21s, there some good attacking players there but I have doubts.. with the current coach especially clueless with no plan, they will embarrass themselves

And the U21s made semis in 2019 for what? Most flopped.. something is very wrong there

whereas Canada’s top players have elite mentality, Romanians cannot do anything seriously. I hoped it would change by now but I’m losing hope every year

sorry for going a bit off topic, just angry here

Will try and dig up some Sali videos later, though. Was a bit better today imo, but sometimes still clear his inexperience and age

yeah and add to that Iordanescu who seems clueless...everything seems off from top down from quality of players to coaching...what is your team in Romania? I went to watch Dinamo and attendance of 2k and in the end they got relegated for the first time in their history...we are definitely at a low point in Romanian football

7 hours ago, Big_M said:

yeah and add to that Iordanescu who seems clueless...everything seems off from top down from quality of players to coaching...what is your team in Romania? I went to watch Dinamo and attendance of 2k and in the end they got relegated for the first time in their history...we are definitely at a low point in Romanian football

For sure. Edi was the cheap option and also most decent coaches told us no.. they know to stay away. Burleanu has problems with the golden generation too, we need to get rid of him as president

we keep breaking bad records in the last two years with the NT.. while U21 rule and academies seemingly investing more every year, we don’t see anything yet.

“Talent” without hard work, without professional mentality, self confidence, or without IQ… is meaningless

and even when that seems to happen, then there is injuries. We need to do more from preparing kids at a young age  for modern football, that means psychiatrists, promoting a positive environment, good nutritionists, etc

these kids need good mentors, not poor & toxic coaches. Add shitty agents and owners to the mix.. eh. I’m usually optimistic but.. it’s hard to swallow the same disappointment year after year. Maybe one day.. I’m done keeping any hope until they start performing in top 5 leagues, at least. But even a decent coach could make mostly poor players play decently.. or at least call the most in form ones ffs. Again, we don’t do ourselves any favours even in this mess

I have to stop caring so much, but it’s hard

edit: sorry just saw your question about club team, it’s CS Universitatea Craiova. Sold several plays for 6-10 million euros in the last years yet spends very little on transfers.. the only one left behind in the top flight so far this summer

Dinamo even more a disaster,that’s tough

Edited by Filip

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...