Enes Sali

Dominic94

18 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

2006 born, has spent time at La Masia and is a TFC reject so he must be good🤣

A pro debut at 15 isn’t something to sneeze, he MAY be in the Rutty category. I’d imagine that level is higher than USL 2. 

What pro debut? 

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

2006 born, has spent time at La Masia and is a TFC reject so he must be good🤣

A pro debut at 15 isn’t something to sneeze, he MAY be in the Rutty category. I’d imagine that level is higher than USL 2. 

Enes is very highly regarded in his club having been moved up to the U17's some time ago and just recently being promoted to the U19's.  If anyone is unfamiliar, Hagi Academy is well known to be one of the best talent factories in East Europe, lots of teams from Italy in particular scout there.  

There's no special story with TFC, they just thought he wasn't good enough at the time.  Enes and his father moved to Romania so that he could be in a professional club, rest of the family stayed behind in Toronto.  Turns 16 next year and can move across Europe.  

4 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Was there for four months at Masia but sure lol..

Why don't we make it two years and we're even? 

Seriously, if you have information, source it. I don't doubt a kid at the Hagi Academy could get a look at with Barça, as Hagi is a former player. Same happens with kids from many academies of former players. But what is even more common is that the truth gets stretched and coaches, clubs and agents simply lie. 

I doubt he ever played an official match in Spain, as a federated player. 

And doubt he ever trained at La Masia. He was with the pay-for-play academy, FCBEscola. Playing on a field that was owned by FCB, but not at La Masia. I know what pitch it likely was.

He is not the first Canadian to do this, and not the first to use La Masia falsely to up his rep.

If you demonstrate I am wrong, and that he trained with a La Masia team for 4 months, I'll take you on a tour of the Masia, old and new, next time you are in Barcelona.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

24 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Why don't we make it two years and we're even? 

Seriously, if you have information, source it. I don't doubt a kid at the Hagi Academy could get a look at with Barça, as Hagi is a former player. Same happens with kids from many academies of former players. But what is even more common is that the truth gets stretched and coaches, clubs and agents simply lie. 

I doubt he ever played an official match in Spain, as a federated player. 

And doubt he ever trained at La Masia. He was with the pay-for-play academy, FCBEscola. Playing on a field that was owned by FCB, but not at La Masia. I know what pitch it likely was.

He is not the first Canadian to do this, and not the first to use La Masia falsely to up his rep.

If you demonstrate I am wrong, and that he trained with a La Masia team for 4 months, I'll take you on a tour of the Masia, old and new, next time you are in Barcelona.

Yikes.. strange take to speak on a young kid you probably didn't even know about a few days ago.

Without arguing, he was there before he even went to Hagi.  Of course he wasn't federated, how could he be?  Would have had to be 16 years old or family would have had to move for work purposes to satisfy FIFA requirement.  Not sure I or anyone else has to demonstrate anything to you... your the expert in Spain so it'll be wrong regardless lol

Do you work in the game?  Ever been involved in the professional game?  I'm genuinely curious.

From the article in Italian: 

"durante un Summer International Camp organizzato dal Barcellona, viene notato proprio dagli scout blaugrana che lo portano subito alla Masia. Purtroppo però, dopo circa un anno la FIFA apre un procedimento nei confronti del club, che è quindi costretto a lasciare il baby prodigio"

He was scouted from a Summer International Camp organized by Barca and immediately brought to la Masia. But after around a year (not one week) they had to let him go because FIFA opened some type of proceedings (not sure what) against Barca, so he then moved to Romania with his dad and started at the Hagi Academy.

8 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

"durante un Summer International Camp organizzato dal Barcellona, viene notato proprio dagli scout blaugrana che lo portano subito alla Masia. Purtroppo però, dopo circa un anno la FIFA apre un procedimento nei confronti del club, che è quindi costretto a lasciare il baby prodigio"

He was scouted from a Summer International Camp organized by Barca and immediately brought to la Masia. But after around a year (not one week) they had to let him go because FIFA opened some type of proceedings (not sure what) against Barca, so he then moved to Romania with his dad and started at the Hagi Academy.

Thanks for this, I should have just copied and pasted this instead of replying to the guy a couple of posts up.

The family tried to move to Spain but it wasn't going to be sufficient enough to satisfy FIFA requirements.  Interestingly enough, the American boy Simons-Gill who is still there came around the same time to La Masia but had a father who was relocated to Spain by his company and therefore satisfied requirements.

43 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

So we would of had a Canadian kid at LaMasia were it not for FIFA..

Sorry, you are being conned, or letting yourselves be conned

He was not at La Masia. He was at FCBEscola, which is unfederated and pay to play. The same as that Mexican Canadian from North Van whose parents did a crowd funding to scam folks back in Canada. 

I know the difference, I'm a club member and my kid played on another club which took in Escola kids after they grew out of it. They also, being founded by a supporter group, played other Barcelona supporter groups in a Cup--on FCB Escola fields across from Camp Nou. 

La Masia is not just anything Barça does with kids. It has no more than 60 kids at any age group, two teams, federated, free if you are chosen to be part of it. 

The kids who were part of La Masía and being underage internationals could not play got minutes with Barça at unfederated tournaments, many of which have Canadian teams, like the Mundialito, MIC, Cotif, Iscar, or the famous 7 a side formerly called Brunete.

Or Easter invitationals, I remember watching Aleñà and the Koreans Lee and Jang against Arsenal once, maybe 2012-13.

Name one such tournament Enes played in his "year" in Barcelona. If they never took him with legit federated Masia kids to unfederated tournaments, he was nowhere near La Masia. 

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sorry, you are being conned, or letting yourselves be conned

He was not at La Masia. He was at FCBEscola, which is unfederated and pay to play. The same as that Mexican Canadian from North Van whose parents did a crowd funding to scam folks back in Canada. 

I know the difference, I'm a club member and my kid played on another club which took in Escola kids after they grew out of it. They also, being founded by a supporter group, played other Barcelona supporter groups in a Cup--on FCB Escola fields across from Camp Nou. 

La Masia is not just anything Barça does with kids. It has no more than 60 kids at any age group, two teams, federated, free if you are chosen to be part of it. 

The kids who were part of La Masía and being underage internationals could not play got minutes with Barça at unfederated tournaments, many of which have Canadian teams, like the Mundialito, MIC, Cotif, Iscar, or the famous 7 a side formerly called Brunete.

Or Easter invitationals, I remember watching Aleñà and the Koreans Lee and Jang against Arsenal once, maybe 2012-13.

Name one such tournament Enes played in his "year" in Barcelona. If they never took him with legit federated Masia kids to unfederated tournaments, he was nowhere near La Masia. 

no knowledge of the boy, his situation, his history (just like Pepple..) but once again you have all the answers 😄

You keep dodging the question, what's your experience in this world?  Which of these players do you actually know to be able to speak legitimately on?  How many have you worked with?  Or are you just someone who self-proclaims himself as the expert in Spanish Football on an internet forum?  Next you will tell us you know everything about the boy from Vancouver who was at Betis the past fall, I'm sure you have the inside/expert knowledge on that too.

@Footyehare you the same poster who was mocking Aribim Pepple for signing for Getafe, saying it was not legit? The same player who just played against the A U-19 teams of At Madrid and Real Madrid in a playoff round?

It is odd, don't you think, how you can minimise what is true and of merit, and then get all hot under the collar about a spurious attempt to use the name and rep of La Masia and the Barça academy to raise a kid's profile.

If it were any other academy, other than Espanyol or some lower level teams in Barcelona, I would not be able to speak, as it is the one I know first hand and best. It just pisses me off how this sort of scamming goes on all the time, cynical collusion of parents, agents, clubs. But what I can't accept is that it is done with Canadian players in relation to a club I am voting member of. Screw that.

If the kid is good, regardless of his cv, and wants to play for Canada, all power to him, no problem there.

Another day I'd be happy to offer my critical take on the FCB academies in North America, which are licensed money-making schemes. However properly run, they only exist because the CSA and USSF can't set up proper competitive leagues for kids to halt this sort of scamming of vulnerable soccer families. FCBEscola is not as scandalous in Barcelona itself, as the cost is lower, simply because competitive federated football is relatively cheap in Spain, and with grants and scholarships means no kid is left without football for reasons of their parent's income.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 8:22 PM, Footyeh said:

Yikes.. strange take to speak on a young kid you probably didn't even know about a few days ago.

Without arguing, he was there before he even went to Hagi.  Of course he wasn't federated, how could he be?  Would have had to be 16 years old or family would have had to move for work purposes to satisfy FIFA requirement.  Not sure I or anyone else has to demonstrate anything to you... your the expert in Spain so it'll be wrong regardless lol

Do you work in the game?  Ever been involved in the professional game?  I'm genuinely curious.

According to him, he is a card carrying member of FCB.

I wouldn't mind UT though if I were you, he's just a little salty since the Board is about to sell off his beloved club to foreign interests, where it will be gutted and monetized accordingly. The look on my face when Chinese laborers enter the Camp Nou to reduce 60% of its current capacity for the sole purpose of increasing demand and profit maximization....priceless.

Daniel Day Lewis Nod GIF by hero0fwar

Edited by Macksam