Ralph Priso

Shway

13 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Who do you see him displacing on the NT?

Eustaquio, Atiba, Kaye, Oso, Piette, Fraser.

Unless there's a major injury leading to the WC, I don't see Priso on this team. Herdman values experience along with skill and that's one thing Priso lacks.  Experience. Also loyalty is another quality Herdman values.

Fraser and Piette are within reach, Piette might not even be a starter with the Impact, Kone and Zouhir are highly rated and pushing on the door. I don’t think it’s a stretch that Priso passes Kaye, I don’t think Oso is a fair comp because apples to oranges and I do think he could even push Kaye. Priso was great until he got injured and I would bet he would have been called had he not gotten injured, he’s a legit prospect who can be of high enough quality that he can’t be ignored.

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

He played defensively last year so the only person I think he is competing with is MB.  I guess the identity of the coach may impact Priso’s ability to displace him but between rotation, MB possible playing some minutes in the back line (which he has done) etc hopefully he gets lots of minutes.  He is too talented to sit on the bench.  

I may be wrong, but in the preseason games I could get to it seemed like Bradley was playing Okello in MB's spot and Priso was playing more advanced.  Not sure if that's how it will go, but maybe Priso is being groomed to take Osorio or Pozuelo's position?  With Pozuelo's injury history and Osorio potentially missing due to prep games, Priso should get a decent run out.

33 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Who do you see him displacing on the NT?

Eustaquio, Atiba, Kaye, Oso, Piette, Fraser.

Unless there's a major injury leading to the WC, I don't see Priso on this team. Herdman values experience along with skill and that's one thing Priso lacks.  Experience. Also loyalty is another quality Herdman values.

Also if we're splitting hairs on hypotheticals, a recovery by Wotherspoon also likely pushes him down the depth chart.

I'm high on Priso (and his brother) but he's one for the future

If Zouhir or Priso carve out their spots I'd take them over Fraser, especially if Fraser's team doesn't promote, which it seems they won't (There's also been some talk that even if they won the league they don't meet the standards for promotion to the Belgian first div).

14 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I may be wrong, but in the preseason games I could get to it seemed like Bradley was playing Okello in MB's spot and Priso was playing more advanced.  Not sure if that's how it will go, but maybe Priso is being groomed to take Osorio or Pozuelo's position?  With Pozuelo's injury history and Osorio potentially missing due to prep games, Priso should get a decent run out.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him transition to a more attacking role.  He seems really talented so having him emerge as an effective CAM would be pretty exciting and would probably give him a greater chance of cracking the national team.   Displacing Staq as CDM will be a Herculean task for anyone over the next 5 years - it is much more realistic to think of a young prospect like Priso getting solid minutes as a more attack-minded player.  

• 2 weeks later...

Limited time today - and against an opponent that had essentially already won - but he didn’t really put a foot wrong when he came on.  Lots of smart moves and clean, effective play.  Really hoping he can pick up where he left off last year.   He always seems to have a competency and calmness that makes him seem more experienced. 

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Limited time today - and against an opponent that had essentially already won - but he didn’t really put a foot wrong when he came on.  Lots of smart moves and clean, effective play.  Really hoping he can pick up where he left off last year.   He always seems to have a competency and calmness that makes him seem more experienced. 

He should have started 

Just now, Dominic94 said:

He should have started 

I will trust the TFC staff on that one given he is just returning from injury.  Having said that, I do worry about Bob Bradley’s objectivity when it comes to MB’s playing time.  It would be a shame if family ties were a barrier to Priso grabbing a consistent starting role because he was a better player than MB for most of last season before the injury.  

24 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

16 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Thought he looked a bit lost and shaky??

Didn't make glaring mistakes but it was a baptism of fire. So glad to see him back. My dark horse pick for Qatar if he can pick up his form prior to injury. 

Did Priso play in two different games today? Hopefully he can play more like he did in the first match rather than the second. 😂

20 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Priso was solid in meaningless minutes it must be said. 
Michael Bradley was not a problem for TFC today - he was actually pretty good imo. Thought the Canadians  that started (other than Petrasso) were quite poor 

I left after the first half as I was too cold (stupidly didn't prepare), and the game was over. 
From what I saw, Bradley is in a position that needs a destroyer, ball winner, person that breaks up plays....and that is not his skillset anymore.

The middle is so weak so I hope Priso gets more opportunities. 

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

I left after the first half as I was too cold (stupidly didn't prepare), and the game was over. 
From what I saw, Bradley is in a position that needs a destroyer, ball winner, person that breaks up plays....and that is not his skillset anymore.

The middle is so weak so I hope Priso gets more opportunities. 

Bradley was subbed off 78 minutes too late today. He was a sieve as the lone defensive midfielder and I have no idea where he was on the back breaking 3rd NYRB goal. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

This is disappointing, but I did warn folks to be cautious when predicting that Priso would become a starter in year 2. Even as a young man it's not easy to come back from a significant injury. Unfortunately, things can cascasde and one injury can affect another part of the body. It happens. Not sure that's what's going here, but I mean ankle surgery, then calf problems. It sure seems like it. 

I don't doubt the boys talent at all, but this year may be a bit of a hard one for him by the looks of it. 

9 hours ago, Obinna said:

This is disappointing, but I did warn folks to be cautious when predicting that Priso would become a starter in year 2. Even as a young man it's not easy to come back from a significant injury. Unfortunately, things can cascasde and one injury can affect another part of the body. It happens. Not sure that's what's going here, but I mean ankle surgery, then calf problems. It sure seems like it. 

I don't doubt the boys talent at all, but this year may be a bit of a hard one for him by the looks of it. 

Which tbh, this year...maybe the best year to just take time to fully recover. There's no rush, and he's still 19. 
Don't want chronic injuries to happen as a result of not taking the necessary time. 

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Macksam said:

You can still root for him. These things happen. No biggie in the grand scheme. 

I am not giving up on him or anything but this could have cost him the support of the manager for a bit.  They are thin in the middle and even a competent performance today could have e seen him starting for a while given Oso’s injury. Now he has to sit out the suspension and Bradley may be hesitant to start him next time.  Given the rumored reinforcements and the fact that he has been out injured for so long this was a serious missed opportunity.