Ralph Priso

Shway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very surprised by his performance tonight in his first ever start . Played very positive looked to move the ball forward rather than play it safe to the back. He also recovered a few good balls defensively, won a few good tackles and was not afraid to take guys on . Probably one of the better starts I have seen by a Canadian player as a first time starter in the MLS in awhile,  a nice surprise.

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

Very real potential golden age of Canadians coming through at TFC right now. 

This is very true. It’s either they play for TFC or be sold/play abroad. Both benefit Canada.

Priso
Nelson
Marshall-Rutty
Peruzza
Okello
Dunn
Romeo

A lot of talent, some guys weren’t named. This is the reason why Ali Curtis doesn’t want homegrown territories opened up, because of the monopoly they have created. 

36 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I hadn’t even heard of him until a few weeks ago but he’s been pretty solid so far. 
might have an opportunity next season for good minutes with Fraser likely being gone and Bradley being another year older

Yeah we were focussing on Fraser and Schaffelburg or one of the 2 babies coming up, and then there's this guy, coming out of left field. Loving it! Exciting times for Canadian soccer fans.

Priso showed excellent pace when tracking back to dispossess a few ball carriers.   He's not afraid to make a forward pass on ball recoveries instead of laying it safely back to maintain possession. Also impressed with his on the ball composure and ability to break pressure by beating his defender when the opportunity presents.

Edited by Snowcrash

33 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

i wonder where he ranks with okello now,if im not mistaken doesnt he have a younger brother in the acad he is a striker and a breast and may be the best prospect ive seen at the acad,

For a second I thought I was making my normal Freudian slip every time I see a listing for that movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" I always see "Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them" and then realize my mistake. But no, in this case my eyesight is correct.

;)

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

For a second I thought I was making my normal Freudian slip every time I see a listing for that movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" I always see "Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them" and then realize my mistake. But no, in this case my eyesight is correct.

;)

Now there is a movie I would brave the pandemic to watch.  

11 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

;)

oh my,, thats what happens when im on 2 chat sites at once .lol

58 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

i wonder where he ranks with okello now,if im not mistaken doesnt he have a younger brother in the acad he is a striker and a beast and may be the best prospect ive seen at the acad,

I really like the way Priso explodes into tackles.  He seems to close very fast with great acceleration. 

I only assume Hugo Mbongue is his younger brother (same last name), but yes, seems to be a gifted goal scorer as he scored a bunch in the Concacaf U15s along with the impact kid Assis, and orchestrated by Marshall-Rutty.  Of note, they struggled a bit more when playing against Slovenia in two matches.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

;)

That title totally deserves an X rated entry into the genre.  

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

He was outstanding early on. TFC dominated the first half of the 2nd half and he was a huge part of it. Then they subbed on Altidore and he barely moved, killing the dominance 

I liked what I saw his last game and his debut, it’s early but if TFC adopts the red bulls play the kids model than he could be something special. He needs to play, not sure they need crap like Endoh and their expensive vets.