Ralph Priso

Shway

Absolutely gutted for him. Someone must have cursed him. What a rotten 8 months or so for him after he was looking like breaking into the Canada squad. 

On the upside if he comes back from this he will come back stronger mentally and hopefully wiser. Plenty of competition for places though now. It will be tough.

46 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am not giving up on him or anything but this could have cost him the support of the manager for a bit.  They are thin in the middle and even a competent performance today could have e seen him starting for a while given Oso’s injury. Now he has to sit out the suspension and Bradley may be hesitant to start him next time.  Given the rumored reinforcements and the fact that he has been out injured for so long this was a serious missed opportunity.  

U guess it all depends on Bradley eh? Is he the type to bench a kid for a mistake but let others fuck up game after game, or is he the kind that will get the kid right back on the horse so it doesnt destroy his confidence.  Does he really want to grow/develop the kids or not??  With so many guys out the choice might be out of his hands eh??  

On 4/7/2022 at 8:52 PM, Obinna said:

This is disappointing, but I did warn folks to be cautious when predicting that Priso would become a starter in year 2. Even as a young man it's not easy to come back from a significant injury. Unfortunately, things can cascasde and one injury can affect another part of the body. It happens. Not sure that's what's going here, but I mean ankle surgery, then calf problems. It sure seems like it. 

I don't doubt the boys talent at all, but this year may be a bit of a hard one for him by the looks of it. 

With all the guys out he should still be able to slot in and do a lot of dirty work in the midfield and let Bradley concentrate on the precise passes to spring the forwards (which he is still very capable of doing).  I was hoping he could turn into a spot starter, super sub this season, with a good work ethic and engine (HAHAHA).  Too bad he got too excited and tried to tear someones leg off 5min into his first start this year.  

Its too bad, Rutty and Okello both seemed to be finding their footing before they got hurt I sure hope this red card doesnt put Priso off.  Still I guess, when you can slot in other youngsters (Kerr, Thompson, Petrasso et al) its not the end of the world.  We'll quickly see the CDN cream rise to the top....or not.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Priso looked very good against FC Impact.  Still not fully fit because he looked gassed by the time he got subbed out but he's getting there.  Earlier in the season, he was a shell of his pre-injury form.  His ankle injury must have been devastating because the recovery timeline is closer to an ACL or achilles tear.

7 hours ago, Snowcrash said:

Priso looked very good against FC Impact.  Still not fully fit because he looked gassed by the time he got subbed out but he's getting there.  Earlier in the season, he was a shell of his pre-injury form.  His ankle injury must have been devastating because the recovery timeline is closer to an ACL or achilles tear.

Watching Priso's development closely, perhaps more so than almost any of our other young prospects, certainly those currently playing in MLS/CPL.  He and JMR seem to have the greatest potential among all the young Canadian players in MLS.  Maybe we should also consider Ayo a young prospect, too. Nobody on the Caps is grabbing my attention--and I am a Caps fan--and maybe Ikone in Montreal has the potential to do something special. There will be others, but I got my eyes on Priso.

We need some young CBs of quality. Pronto!

49 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Watching Priso's development closely, perhaps more so than almost any of our other young prospects, certainly those currently playing in MLS/CPL.  He and JMR seem to have the greatest potential among all the young Canadian players in MLS.  Maybe we should also consider Ayo a young prospect, too. Nobody on the Caps is grabbing my attention--and I am a Caps fan--and maybe Ikone in Montreal has the potential to do something special. There will be others, but I got my eyes on Priso.

Perhaps this is exactly when we need to look outside of MLS/CPL?  Holmes/Smith seem like the best and most immediate hopes at CB.

2 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Not to belabor it, but Nelson definitely makes my list of exciting prospects.  

2 hours ago, costarg said:

Perhaps this is exactly when we need to look outside of MLS/CPL?  Holmes/Smith seem like the best and most immediate hopes at CB.

Is Holmes anything more than a rumor???  Please tell me a real life kid thats actually repped us before beats out a rumor about some kid overseas.  

3 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Is Holmes anything more than a rumor???  Please tell me a real life kid thats actually repped us before beats out a rumor about some kid overseas.  

I dunno, but Ugbo wasn't even a rumor, until he actually showed up.

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not to belabor it, but Nelson definitely makes my list of exciting prospects.  

I've been impressed with Nelson this year, for sure. I hope he continues to develop into a remarkable player. Something about him--his stature? mindset?--seems "light weight".  I hope I am wrong. 

30 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I've been impressed with Nelson this year, for sure. I hope he continues to develop into a remarkable player. Something about him--his stature? mindset?--seems "light weight".  I hope I am wrong. 

Not ready to start in MLS yet but hopefully he takes the 1/2 of experience and learns from it for future development. 

Priso and Nelson are completely different players positionally.  They're almost identical in age, with Priso turning 20 in August, Nelson in September.  Priso has much better on ball poise and sees plays developing much better than Nelson but they both have a path to Europe in a few years.

23 minutes ago, Snowcrash said:

Priso and Nelson are completely different players positionally.  They're almost identical in age, with Priso turning 20 in August, Nelson in September.  Priso has much better on ball poise and sees plays developing much better than Nelson but they both have a path to Europe in a few years.

I think it’s only a matter of time before Nelson starts to put it all together. Every game I watch he’s creating a lot of chances and his decision making in the final 3rd is improving but isn’t quite there yet. Early on in the season he would dribble too long or shoot when he should have passed. Last game he would have scored if he hit that ball from jimenez first time in the bottom left corner on that counter attack. 

TFC look great in attack but really need Priso to play well for them so they can get one or two more clean sheets this season… it’s actually crazy how good Bob Bradley has been for giving the young players opportunity and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it pay off and have Priso and Nelson break out next season. (I think Ayo will break out this season)