Ralph Priso

Shway

11 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

C’mon, TFC has been touting Marshall-Rutty as the next Davies for over a year now 😂

What happened to him getting playing time? Idk what they’re doing at this point. At least Priso is actually starting over Bradley for once. 

58 minutes ago, Bdog said:

What happened to him getting playing time? Idk what they’re doing at this point. At least Priso is actually starting over Bradley for once. 

right now he’s injured and then before that he wasn’t ready until a couple of weeks ago but again now he’s injured.

5 minutes ago, costarg said:

Watching another game, what happened?  Is it really that bad?  Hate this!

He got an ankle stomped on a little earlier in the game. Then on a play that was offside (no flag until play was over) he chased down the defender to put him off the goal, made a goal line clearance but in the process of doing so either injured the ankle or knee. 

He couldn't put any weight on his leg and looked to be in a massive amount of pain. Looks serious but who knows. 

23 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think Priso is his own guy.  He’s a different player than Eustaquio.  He’s more athletic and physical but doesn’t have the precision passing Eustaquio has.  Very different styles.  He looks like more of a pure 6 where Eustaquio has a fair bit of box to box in him.

To be fair I think Priso’s passing under pressure needs work, not so much his actual. But fair, I do think Priso will be our “Adams” to say that I think top 5 league is likely for him.

I thought he was going to have to come off after his ankle got stomped on leading to a yellow card, maybe he should have because although he got back and cleared a ball off the line he was hobbling, maybe he aggravated the knee or ankle by staying on! This was a great example of why I don't like the way offsides are called now, the player Priso chased down was clearly off but the flag stayed down until he had to make a clearance and that's when he collapsed in pain!

23 minutes ago, gator said:

I thought he was going to have to come off after his ankle got stomped on leading to a yellow card, maybe he should have because although he got back and cleared a ball off the line he was hobbling, maybe he aggravated the knee or ankle by staying on! This was a great example of why I don't like the way offsides are called now, the player Priso chased down was clearly off but the flag stayed down until he had to make a clearance and that's when he collapsed in pain!

He was limping on his way back to the goal. So I don't think it's the clearance that did it.

Very impressed to see him make the clearance after the injury! I hadn't even seen the flag ... bit of a view from the other end.

I try to be subjective when evaluating Canadian performances.  In the game he scored, even though he grew into the game a bit, he looked quite poor and myself and a couple others mentioned it in here.  Some people thought he was great in the game and I am not sure how they saw that.  I was at that game live just like I was at the game on Saturday.  This past Saturday he was incredible in my opinion.  He barely put a foot wrong in the game.  Fantastic performance.  Funny enough, on the play he got injured, I knew the Rev player was way offside and while the play continued, I leaned over to my friend and said.  "That is offside and will be called back.  It is ridiculous when players are that clearly offside and they continue to play"  Sure enough, Priso gets injured on the play.  I am all for allowing tight offsides calls play on but when its obvious, the flag needs to be raised right away.  I hope people see this as an example that we do not want to continue to see in the future.  I have seen this a couple other times as well and I am pretty sure the one lead to a lengthy injury for a player.

6 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Didn’t see the game but hopefully it is just short term.  He was really getting some quality minutes and solidifying his spot as a starter or early sub.   Would be a shame to have that interrupted. 

Was on crutches post game leaving the stadium when he left with his family. Wish him the best of luck in recovery and hope it does not keep him out too long. He is exciting young player to watch, that is for sure. He came through the North Toronto Nitros program whose club house is in the park across the street from my home. 

3 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

TSN broadcast saying out indefinitely with an ankle injury. I guess this is better then knee and season ending. Hopefully he can make it back sooner rather then later.  

He certainly has a bright future ahead of him. Hopefully he gets healthy and we can all see what he can do on the pitch.