Ralph Priso

Shway

1 hour ago, gigi riva said:

True  that is  

To be fair to myself, lots of people were talking about it prior to his injury and Oliver Platt was talking about it last week. Isn't a long shot far fetched anyway? 

I think it stands to reason he has to keep working on his game, build back his fitness and keep up this form but he was on the fringes of the mens team prior to his injury, playing well and looking the real deal. He isn't dislodging anyone in the set up but an injury could throw him right into the conversation with the above happening.

8 hours ago, gigi riva said:

all this talk about Qatar I think its a bit far fetched let him work on his game and grow as a player first , I think we ill see him along with Nelson , Theo  Corbaneu, JMR, on our opening day starting 11 in June 2026 at the revamped BMO Field.

I think all of those players will play a role in 2026 but I’d be surprised if they all start. We’ll have a lot of high level players vying for those positions. Corbeanu and Nelson will likely be on the wing (maybe JMR too). They’d have to beat out Davies, Buchanan, Millar, Koleosho if he commits, plus any strikers that can play there and others that come out of nowhere.
Also, Priso has to deal with Eustaquio having one spot locked up and try to steal the other spot from Kaye, Piette, Osorio and fight off the likes of Kone, Smith.

40 minutes ago, archer21 said:

I think all of those players will play a role in 2026 but I’d be surprised if they all start. We’ll have a lot of high level players vying for those positions. Corbeanu and Nelson will likely be on the wing (maybe JMR too). They’d have to beat out Davies, Buchanan, Millar, Koleosho if he commits, plus any strikers that can play there and others that come out of nowhere.
Also, Priso has to deal with Eustaquio having one spot locked up and try to steal the other spot from Kaye, Piette, Osorio and fight off the likes of Kone, Smith.

A while back I did some quick accounting and came up with players from the 2022 team who would be too old or past their prime in 2026.

In the definite category: Hoilett, Vitoria, Borjan, 

In the most likely: Oso, Henry

In the maybe or maybe not: Cavallini, Piette, Laryea, and Hutchinson ( that one is a lame joke on my part)

Of course, there will always be the player or players who will come out of the blue and impress everyone. (i.e. Tajon). But it doesn't look like there will be that many positions freed up in 2026.

Edited by Sal333

3 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

A while back I did some quick accounting and came up with players from the 2022 team who would be too old or past their prime in 2026.

In the maybe or maybe not: Cavallini, Piette, Laryea, and Hutchinson ( that one is a lame joke on my part)

Of course, there will always be the player or player who will come out of the blue and impress everyone. (i.e. Tajon).

Yeah some of them will be passed their prime. Guys like Kaye and Piette will only be 31 though, there are plenty of players in their early 30s still starting for their national teams. I guess the main point I was making is that it’s highly unlikely that all those guys start, considering 2 of them need to beat our Davies and Buchanan. 

I agree not all them will start but if they become better than their competitors, they’ll start(at least some games). If JMR goes to big club like the rumours and gets good minutes the odds are he’ll start. I’ve never heard rumors for Priso but if he gets abroad to a league like a good clubs in Belgium,Netherlands and Portugal  or any club in a top 5 league he’ll probably start. same thing with all the others like Corbenau if he starts playing at wolves or Smith if he plays for nice and Nelson of he gets a move abroad. Obviously we don’t know how exactly their careers are gonna go but those outcomes seem likely. I’ve never heard any transfer news about Priso but ive always pictured him at RB Leipzig or Salzburg I don’t really know why.

45 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Of course, there will always be the player or players who will come out of the blue and impress everyone. (i.e. Tajon). But it doesn't look like there will be that many positions freed up in 2026.

2026 feels like a lifetime away. I think the key here is there are players who aren’t even in the mix who likely will be in 4 years. Maybe a dual national comes out of nowhere or a young player explodes like a Buchanan as you said. Just keep getting better and deeper. All this does, from my perspective, is push guys to strive for the senior team and with the talent coming up, not allow the veterans to get jaded and think to themselves they can sit this window out or take a break (unless of course they all sit out a game like Panama!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I am going to miss seeing as much of him as I have been but if he can lock down a role with heavy minutes this year it will be good.  As other have noted, it is good to spread the Canadian talent around the league.  I am pretty confident he will lock down a starting role in the next year or so.  

Very interesting trade. I guess it is good for Priso that the Rapids wanted him. He's a promising young player. It will be interesting to see what happens with him down there.

Seems like Toronto gave up quite a bit though. Yes, Kaye is obviously an upgrade on Priso, a former MLS all-star under Bradley, and soon to be a World Cup veteran, but didn't Colorado just pay 1M for him? Now they get that back, plus a young promising Priso, plus an international spot AND a first round pick? Good business for Colorado I suppose. 

I am looking forward to Kaye and Osorio playing together in the middle, probably with Bradley at the 6 and the two italian national team players on the wings, with either Ayo or Jimenez at the 9. Great front 6. 

Rapids win big with this trade. Absolutely Massive for them, while TFC get a solid veteran and have now completely transitioned to win now mode. 

Ralph is barely 20 with a lot of upside to his game. He reminds me of Tyler Adams at his age that’s which is a very promising comparison. He will get more game time at Colorado as they’re very thin in midfield. 

I’m going to assume TFC knows Priso wasnt  planning to re-sign and is wanting to test the European waters? Because outside of Akinola he’s our best young talent. 

All in all…great move for both sides but they are still over compensating for the son, who is still playing way to much minutes. 

18 hours ago, Shway said:

Rapids win big with this trade...I'm going to assume TFC knows Priso wasnt  planning to re-sign and is wanting to test the European waters? Because outside of Akinola he’s our best young talent. 

How is it a win for the Rapids if Priso doesn't re-sign with them and tries Europe after this season instead?  He'd have to be an impact player or key contributor for the rest of this season and the club to be on a serious playoff run for it to be a win for the Rapids.

If he re-signs with them for a couple more years, that's a different story, however.

The win for Colorado doesn't involve Priso but the other stuff, so maybe I just misunderstood your point.  TFC are throwing a lot of Garber bucks to the Rapids.

Edited by BearcatSA

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Rapids win big with this trade. Absolutely Massive for them, while TFC get a solid veteran and have now completely transitioned to win now mode. 

Ralph is barely 20 with a lot of upside to his game. He reminds me of Tyler Adams at his age that’s which is a very promising comparison. He will get more game time at Colorado as they’re very thin in midfield. 

I’m going to assume TFC knows Priso wasnt  planning to re-sign and is wanting to test the European waters? Because outside of Akinola he’s our best young talent. 

All in all…great move for both sides but they are still over compensating for the son, who is still playing way to much minutes. 

I don't disagree with the Adam's comparison, although I think McKennie might be a better one, as Ralph is a little more box to box I would say, but wasn't Adam's scoring in the UEFA Champions League knockouts at his age? I know you are just talking style and not quality, but I need to say that just in case lol.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I’d imagine Robin Fraser asked for Priso specifically in this deal, if not it would have been Okello.

59 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I’d imagine Robin Fraser asked for Priso specifically in this deal, if not it would have been Okello.

Okello vs Priso is the difference between Colorado making a good deal vs a great deal.