Ralph Priso

Shway

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Maybe 5 or 600???  

Sounds right! Not much, essentially. So @Sal333, whether Kone is on pace for 1.5k or 2k minutes, he's going to double Priso's minutes at minimum. Fair argument to suggest he hasn't put in a complete performance, but he's done enough to get double the minutes for a better club than Toronto and Colorado. Not that you are suggesting otherwise (maybe @Shway would, though), but for me Priso is just as inconsistent as Kone, if not more. Even at his best he'd pull off great plays, then turn the ball over. That's similar to Kone, which may be why it's fair to suggest they are similar, but Kone has more minutes for a better team and has 2 senior caps to Priso's 0, so I don't see how anyone can like what they've seen from Priso more. Even to say it's a draw would be somewhat charitable to Ralph at this point.

All of that said, Priso may hit the ground running with Colorado next year, and Kone could suffer from injury for an extended period, so maybe at least we'd all agree that both are in the same ball park, as far as development goes. It's not like Kone is miles above Priso, though if he transfers to Sheffield United and does well that would change things. 

20 hours ago, Sal333 said:

I don't want to keep correcting you but no he's not on pace for 2K minutes. They have 4 games left and he has played 1.3K minutes so far this season.  He was not on the bench last game for disciplinary reasons. My guess is he might at best get 180 minutes between now and the end of the season. Nancy is a stern coach. That would put him at 1.5K minutes at best and quite honestly since his call up to the national team he has been disappointing for club. Mind you, I see why everyone is excited about this kid but he hasn't really put in one complete performance since Herdman put him on the team.

To be fair, he also played 3 Champions League game and 1 Canadian Championship game. Scored a nice goal against Santos Laguna. Has been off the radar a bit lately (had a great game versus Chicago before his red card). His 2 caps with CMNT are also from 2022. 

Priso : 569 minutes, 1g 0a
Koné : 1689 minutes, 3g 3a

I'm not arguing for or against Kone or Priso but a lot of those stats are skewed to injury concerns early in the season.  Priso has actually played 839 minutes this season including 2 games in the Canadian Championship and 3 games with Toronto FC II.  The stats become quite closer after April 1st as well.  Kone hadn't scored or assisted on a goal since March until a couple weeks ago.

2022 Totals

Priso - 839 Minutes, 1g 0a

Kone - 1,634 Minutes, 3g 3a

Totals from April to Present

Priso - 794 minutes, 1g 0a

Kone - 1,086, 1g, 0a

Let's not forget that they are both the same age and Priso has over 2,000 minutes of professional experience over the previous three seasons.  It's really not that farfetched that Priso could regain that form that had him close to a Canada call a year ago prior to his injury.  Priso has also overcome a serious injury and played under 4 coaches in less than 2 seasons, whereas Kone plays for one of the best teams in the league (which does limit his minutes to a degree but he along with everyone else fit perfectly into the system at Montreal.

Edited by Corazon

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

True. No guarantee he wouldn't have been in the same position at TFC. He was at least getting minutes though.

It was a dumb move by TFC. Priso is highly rated around the league (see MLSsoccer.com article on 22 under 22 snubs).

I wouldn’t be opposed to us calling him and Fraser both in just to see what we’re working with. 

Regardless, it would be wise to have an October domestic camp to keep MLS guys fit and take a look at the plethora of talent we haven’t seen, or haven’t seen in a while. Maybe even throw in a few CPL players. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Don’t think it’s major but a knock preventing him from going 90. 

Then it's a knock keeping him from going any minutes because he has been on the bench all the while.  If the team is out of it, why not have a fully healthy academy prospect be in the game day squad?

• 1 month later...

I am curious to see what happens with him this off season.  Supposedly wants to get to Europe a.s.a.p. but to do that, he needs to establish himself as a regular starter...

...somewhere.  Doesn't necessarily have to be Colorado, however.  If there was more behind the scenes than just a "knock" keeping him from playing any minutes and just stuck on the bench in Commerce City, than maybe he can be acquired during this brief trade window.

Pre-injury, I really like this guy and in the one sub appearance I watched him play I thought he was very impressive...

...in Vancouver against the Caps, where he contributed to the continual pressure that almost brought an equalizer.

Hint, hint, Axel 😉

51 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I am curious to see what happens with him this off season.  Supposedly wants to get to Europe a.s.a.p. but to do that, he needs to establish himself as a regular starter...

...somewhere.  Doesn't necessarily have to be Colorado, however.  If there was more behind the scenes than just a "knock" keeping him from playing any minutes and just stuck on the bench in Commerce City, than maybe he can be acquired during this brief trade window.

Pre-injury, I really like this guy and in the one sub appearance I watched him play I thought he was very impressive...

...in Vancouver against the Caps, where he contributed to the continual pressure that almost brought an equalizer.

Hint, hint, Axel 😉

Would love to see him as a Cap!

9 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Would love to see him as a Cap!

The Caps like to acquire Cancon from elsewhere.  He'd looked great beside Cubas:  I know he'd contribute more than the 0 goals, 0 assists, and 9 key passes of the guy that regularly starts in that spot.

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

....in Vancouver against the Caps, where he contributed to the continual pressure that almost brought an equalizer.

Hint, hint, Axel 😉

Not necessarily...maybe to get into the first divisions of the top 5 leagues you, but theres other ways as long as you have good representation. 

I think him proving that he's healthy and doesn't have any lingering issues is key.
He has a good amount of apps at his age to get a look somewhere else. 

I just hope its not at the caps. 😉 

20 minutes ago, Shway said:

Not necessarily...maybe to get into the first divisions of the top 5 leagues you, but theres other ways as long as you have good representation. 

I think him proving that he's healthy and doesn't have any lingering issues is key.
He has a good amount of apps at his age to get a look somewhere else. 

I disagree on your last point.  I'd love to be proven wrong, of course, but he needs a bigger sample size of matches.  Frankly, I think he needs to show it in MLS for a whole season, first.

And, partisanship aside, Schuster's got some big pieces in place in Vancouver he can build synergy with.  His partner Cubas at d-mid is a stud and Gauld is arguably the most undervalued attacking DP in the league.  

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Was he re-signed by Colorado?

Apparently he's still under contract. Must be an option?
https://www.coloradorapids.com/news/colorado-rapids-announce-year-end-roster-updates-x9512

But he's not listed on their roster:
https://www.coloradorapids.com/roster/

He also doesn't have anything in his IG status, nor did he post the highlight vids guys post when they are looking for a new team.
https://www.instagram.com/ralphpriso/?hl=en

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

This kid looked really good during some of his outings with TFC.  I am glad they let him go given their inevitable reliance on Bradley, and I really hope he can continue developing and getting some minutes.  

I would like to see him get his first cap this year, possibly in a somewhat rotated Gold Cup team. This of course would require him to replicate that good TFC play for Colorado. That's not guaranteed, but there's no reason why it couldn't happen. The injury at the end of season one should be firmly behind him now as he enters his 3rd season. 

Canada needs the midfield depth, so there is a path into the national team if he can break out with Colorado. The Rapids will also want this young, promising player to step up. Hope it's a good 2023 for Ralph!

28 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I would like to see him get his first cap this year, possibly in a somewhat rotated Gold Cup team. This of course would require him to replicate that good TFC play for Colorado. That's not guaranteed, but there's no reason why it couldn't happen. The injury at the end of season one should be firmly behind him now as he enters his 3rd season. 

Canada needs the midfield depth, so there is a path into the national team if he can break out with Colorado. The Rapids will also want this young, promising player to step up. Hope it's a good 2023 for Ralph!

Why do I feel like the squad will only be "rotated" depending on if we win the Nations League Cup or not. 
I actually prefer to win the Gold Cup, but this year depending on how the draft picks, and overseas guys seasons continue....I don't see much guys getting "rest" outside of the senior guys.