Ralph Priso

Shway

7 minutes ago, costarg said:

I also question his leadership credentials when the whole team seems better without him out there. It’s like they all bond together to make a statement. 

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Or maybe the rest of the team got a wake up call when Bradley was substituted and it lit a fire? Or maybe Bradley was just tired and needed fresh legs. 

1 hour ago, frattinator said:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Or maybe the rest of the team got a wake up call when Bradley was substituted and it lit a fire? Or maybe Bradley was just tired and needed fresh legs. 

Bradley was tired 3 years ago, he still plays every minute of every game. The fans, media, and the players have known and seen this for the past 3 years. Management and the player need to realize and accept it.  Its getting hard to deny he and Altidore (and probably Gonzo too) are negative influences and seem to have a bit too much power within the organization. The toxicity is evident and reeks.  I don’t see how anyone can defend them getting so many minutes in a losing cause.  

With 5-10 games experience together, i really doubt Dunn, Romeo, Priso and Okello look as bad as Delgado, Bradley, Omar and Zavaletta do today. 

This game was a wake up call and reset. Even MB should be asking questions and a little embarrassed if he starts next match. 

It's ironic cause this is probably the best crop of young players that TFC have developed. If they don't play them this season when the team is playing poorly (other than the 2nd half yesterday) then when? At the very least Priso deserves regular minutes even if he does not start every game. As a young player he will make mistakes going forward..but the vets are doing the same

24 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

It's ironic cause this is probably the best crop of young players that TFC have developed. If they don't play them this season when the team is playing poorly (other than the 2nd half yesterday) then when? At the very least Priso deserves regular minutes even if he does not start every game. As a young player he will make mistakes going forward..but the vets are doing the same

Never, they never will.

The crops are only getting better… look at what the bronze medal in 2012 did for the women’s program… what will the Giovinco generation look like ? Up to TFC to decide

On 8/8/2021 at 6:28 PM, baulderdash77 said:

Bradley can still play- but he’s not as influential as he used to be.

Objectively it’s clear that Priso is a better midfielder than Bradley as of today.  I’m not taking away what Bradley has done because he was one of the main driving forces behind TFC’s success over the years.

Thats why I think Bradley should be playing as a CB, or coming off the bench for one of the other midfielders. 

At this moment our best midfield triangle is Priso, Osorio and Delgado.  The team has to play its best players and Priso has knocked down the door for a starting role.

Bradley did play CB for a while under Vanney. The problem is, Bradley is rather poor in the air and man to man marking especially defending set piece is bad.

Just as an FYI, there are currently a few Priso cards available on eBay right now.  Topps Now does “on demand” print runs of cards (including MLS) and some of them have been identified as true rookies.  This Priso card is his first ever card as he hasn’t been featured in any set yet, and it has a total print run of 443.  If you are a card collector looking to get in on a Canadian young gun, this is a pretty affordable starting point.  

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just as an FYI, there are currently a few Priso cards available on eBay right now.  Topps Now does “on demand” print runs of cards (including MLS) and some of them have been identified as true rookies.  This Priso card is his first ever card as he hasn’t been featured in any set yet, and it has a total print run of 443.  If you are a card collector looking to get in on a Canadian young gun, this is a pretty affordable starting point.  

Where do you get your cards NAM? Is it all online or can you actually buy packs in stores??  

24 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Where do you get your cards NAM? Is it all online or can you actually buy packs in stores??  

I bought some MLS (and UCL) blasters at the local Walmart but they tend to get cleaned out really quickly.  You pretty much have to be there on the day they restock.    

Because I really only collect Canadian players, I mostly use eBay to get specific cards, but you have to bargain hunt a fair bit if you are on a limited budget (and I am).   I also joined a few soccer card FB groups where you can either buy or trade for singles.  I have gotten some good ones that way as well - mostly MLS cards when the US are willing to part with CanCon. If you are in the right groups you can also put out a wanted ad and the buy/trade opportunities materialize.

Lastly, I ordered a few of the Priso rookies direct from Topps and that was the first time I did that.  I also have a Choinierre rookie coming as well from Topps but I used a middle man for that.  

Oh, and I joined TCDB to do a couple of trades for specific cards I was hunting down (Sinclair’s 2006 rookie that is hard to find).  

EDIT: Damn, I almost forgot to give props to a couple of V’s who have hooked me up.  Won’t name them in case they don’t want people bugging them for cards but I really appreciated their help with my personal collection.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

16 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Thanks for the tip!

I've thought it since his early season appearances. Priso should be playing regularly. Bradley should be managed more. I used to like Delgado just fine, but I don't think he is as good as Priso. I'm not as sold on Okello or Romeo (not sure if I've ever seen Romeo play), but Priso absolutely deserves to play more minutes than he misses, and I have been waiting all season to see Dunn get some time. Is he still injured or something? Could he be doing so bad in training that he can't be given a chance? He was very good last year with Valour, definitely based on that it seems like he should be able to get a spot on the field for this lackluster TFC team.

Priso has deserved more minutes since he played well end of last season.  But even if he didnt, failures tell you something eh??  If a kid cant hack it maybe he isnt the cant miss prospect you thought he was eh? If he never plays you never know for sure eh??

Same for the other kids.....even if Dunn is horrible, how can he be much worse than Zav??  Dunn would have to have 2 terrible giveaways a game that lead to goals for him not to be an improvment over ZAV.  5 subs and Dunn cant get an appearance?? |Come on...and if he sucks why didnt they just let him go to Valour permanently??  Very frustrating to see TFC stockpile/hoard these guys, not play them, then turn them loose (at 22/23) and say they were never any good after they have stunted their development for several years.  

1 minute ago, One American said:

People seem to have an unfair idea that all of these prospects have to pan out or TFC is doing a bad job. Realistically, if three or four of them do - Priso, Akinola, Marshall-Rutty, and maybe a Luke Singh as a backup - then they are doing pretty well. 

But they aren’t being given a chance to pan out…

Dunn, Okello, Romeo…. Like Okello was kept to not be played… Dunn had hype…

22 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

But they aren’t being given a chance to pan out…

Dunn, Okello, Romeo…. Like Okello was kept to not be played… Dunn had hype…

Okello has been with the reserve team, the first team, and he's been on loan. I mean, at some point the responsibility is on him to make the jump, right?

I think he'll need to leave the club to reach his potential. Too good for the reserves, not good enough to make an impact with the first team. He's showes glimpses, but unfortunately for him there haven't been enough moments to be given the keys to the midfield.

Not enough moments....horseshit!!  Dont you remember Auro getting thrown into the midfield for several games and playing terrible?  Or Zavs little run here lately ahead of Singh or Dunn?  If you had given the time to Okello or Singh and they shit the bed, you could cut them, move on etc.  Hell Dorsey has played as much as Okello this year and what did he ever do to earn minutes???    

7 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Not enough moments....horseshit!!  Dont you remember Auro getting thrown into the midfield for several games and playing terrible?  Or Zavs little run here lately ahead of Singh or Dunn?  If you had given the time to Okello or Singh and they shit the bed, you could cut them, move on etc.  Hell Dorsey has played as much as Okello this year and what did he ever do to earn minutes???    

Zavs is coming off a very good stretch with El Salvador. I am not surprised he's been given a chance.

Singh didn't even make our Gold Cup team. 

Dunn never even made our 60 man roster.

Didn't Zav wear the captain's armband recently for his country? The same country that qualified for the Oct, gave Mexico a stern test, and pushed the champions of Asia to the limit? 

If we put our bias aside we can hardly call Zavs run in the team ahead of Dunn and Singh an injustice.

As for Okello, he went on loan in the Danish 2nd tier and did alright. Not great, just alright. He never set the world on fire. He had 12 games to strut his stuff, but afterwards were there any links to top flight clubs in Denmark or elsewhere? I don't recall any. Is it TFC's fault Okello didn't shine enough on loan to earn a transfer out? Regardless of what is happening at TFC, you can't say he never had the chance to impress while on loan. He had 12 games.

Tough love perhaps, but I am just being a realist on Okello. Look at Priso, he's taken his chance and is running with it. The cream rises to the crop, or however that saying goes lol.

Auro in midfield??  You ignored that one nicely.  Same with Dorsey.  

And because Zav goes to El Salvador he is now a better player??  I dont need to see what he did at the gold cup I can see the shit he plays when he comes back.  His lazy pass and half hearted attempt to get back in the play against NYC..is that how he played with ELSalvador??  We havnt had Zav on the team for 6 years and 100 games..we dont know what he is about?

And SIngh/Okello didnt make the GC rosters for Canada?? Well cut them then, get rid of them. They dont want to play them, make space for some more american journey men. Should have transferred Okello out to wolfsburg when they had the chance, and let Dunn stay at Valor if they are so shitty they cant afford to play them when the team is last in the league.