Ralph Priso

Shway

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

The win for Colorado is  doesn't involve Priso but the other stuff, so maybe I just misunderstood your point.  TFC are throwing a lot of Garber bucks to the Rapids.

This.

@Obinna outlined the comparison of what it took Colorado to get him vs TFC…Its questionable, but I guess from an optics point he can  be considered a game changer considering where they finished with him, and he’s probably in his prime years.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I don't disagree with the Adam's comparison, although I think McKennie might be a better one, as Ralph is a little more box to box I would say, but wasn't Adam's scoring in the UEFA Champions League knockouts at his age? I know you are just talking style and not quality, but I need to say that just in case lol.

I rate McKennie highly and from what I’ve seen of Priso he’s a modern CDM with CM capabilities. He’s not quite polished in the offensive third whereas a guy like McKennie is a guy capable of playing any position, and doing the job…. whereas Adams is solely a 6.

Adams did score in the UCL QF against Atletico, and he’s been very fortunate of being with the RB organization. 

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

This.

@Obinna outlined the comparison of what it took Colorado to get him vs TFC…Its questionable, but I guess from an optics point he can  be considered a game changer considering where they finished with him, and he’s probably in his prime years.

Your particular post didn't mention the GAM, only that Priso was going to get lots of minutes to shine in a thin midfield.  I am guessing that Colorado will be using that new GAM and international spot very soon in this window to bolster that midfield.

If he wants to test the waters in Europe after this season, Priso's going to need to really take advantage of his opportunity in the last half of this season.  Otherwise, it would be better if he upped with his new club.

6 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

The reality is that Vanney and some rate Priso higher, while Bradley and some rate Okello higher. Whomever is right, we will find out 

I just find it hard to believe that Priso won’t be further along in his development in 2 years than Okello is now.  Okello obviously has relatively unique physical attributes but Priso seems ready for prime time already IMO. 

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I just find it hard to believe that Priso won’t be further along in his development in 2 years than Okello is now.  Okello obviously has relatively unique physical attributes but Priso seems ready for prime time already IMO. 

Where is that poster on here with the crystal ball?  What says that individual?

Edited by BearcatSA

7 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I agree. I guess two feathers in Okello's cap are that 1. he has unique attributes and 2. he is just two years older than Priso, so there is plenty time for those attributes to bare some fruit. That said, Priso is the more impactful of the two players to date. I think we'd all agree on that. 

Bradley Senior may very well rate Okello, to be fair. You could see how that'd be a thing. But for me, Priso is the more impactful player with the higher ceiling. I am rooting for both of them to be regulars in our national team pool, eventually, because the cupboard is pretty empty once you go below Eustaquio in age.

Right now I am projecting Kone, Fraser, Priso and possibly Smith to be the next generation. Maybe Baldisimo or even Okello get a chance here and there, but that's all I can see in terms of players who can step up and maintain the standard. If we don't get any more solid prospects for a while these guys kinda need to pan out. 

Edit: How could I forget Choniere? He's going to be a regular call up at some point next cycle, I predit. Surprising he doesn't have a cap yet. 

Edited by Obinna

@Obinnayou can’t forget about the young players at Ross County either for midfield prospects. Isaiah Johnston from York is another player I expect to see at a higher level soon. 

We have so many players playing at decent levels now. It’s inevitable we’ll have a few surprises. Just think back 4 years ago at the start of last cycle and a lot of our current pool wasn’t even known to this board.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 10:41 PM, Bison44 said:

WOW, I checked the line up and discovered Irwin, Moor and Warner are all still playing...all with Colorado and are comparing pictures of their grandkids on the bench.  No wonder a young guy like Priso is a welcome sight there.  

They have Beitashour too

• 2 weeks later...