Ralph Priso

Shway

Bad news. From TFC news release 

"Additionally, Toronto FC learned today that midfielder Ralph Priso will undergo surgery on his right ankle. Priso was injured in the second half of Toronto FC’s game with the New England Revolution on Saturday, August 14th at BMO Field. Priso is expected to miss the remainder of the season."

13 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Bad news. From TFC news release 

"Additionally, Toronto FC learned today that midfielder Ralph Priso will undergo surgery on his right ankle. Priso was injured in the second half of Toronto FC’s game with the New England Revolution on Saturday, August 14th at BMO Field. Priso is expected to miss the remainder of the season."

Damn that sucks.  He was just starting to get some momentum.  Fuck. 

21 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Damn that sucks.  He was just starting to get some momentum.  Fuck. 

First Ayo and now Priso.

TFC currently in last place. Forced to play half their home games in the US. Failed coaching change. And now a second highly rated youngster with season ending injuries. 

Definitely a season to forget...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

With Deleon and Delgado gone he should get a lot more minutes and potentially a starting spot.

I saw the Delgado rumour, the TFC midfield is gonna be crowded so it would be great for him and Okello for sure. 

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Is Priso recovered yet? Haven’t seen any TFC pre season matches. When is he expected to be fully fit?

Don't know if he is 100%, but i've watched all the matches which were available to the public and he never started but was always subbed on. He seemed confident and played pretty well. I could see him being a consistent sub or starter depending on tiredness of others. 

33 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

He is probably just working his way up to full match fitness.  I doubt he plays meaningful minutes as a sub unless they are confident he is fully healed.  By the time the season rolls around, I am hoping he is 100% and can get a starting spot either immediately or very quickly.  

I hope so too, but I imagine it will still be difficult to push out 1 of Pozuelo, Bradley, Osorio. Maybe Pozuelo plays striker and Priso moves into the midfield but seems most likely he’ll be the first substitute, and rotate in occasionally as a starter. Hope I’m wrong though, I think he’s a starting quality player in MLS.

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Got some love from the extra time guys, was picked as one of the best young players. If he takes another step forward this year maybe we see him at the WC in November. 

Who do you see him displacing on the NT?

Eustaquio, Atiba, Kaye, Oso, Piette, Fraser.

Unless there's a major injury leading to the WC, I don't see Priso on this team. Herdman values experience along with skill and that's one thing Priso lacks.  Experience. Also loyalty is another quality Herdman values.

6 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Unless there's a major injury leading to the WC, I don't see Priso on this team. Herdman values experience along with skill and that's one thing Priso lacks.  Experience. Also loyalty is another quality Herdman values.

Priso would need a miracle season to contend for a spot. But the problem we have now is an amazing one to have as we have plenty of youth who are only starting their career!

15 minutes ago, archer21 said:

I hope so too, but I imagine it will still be difficult to push out 1 of Pozuelo, Bradley, Osorio. Maybe Pozuelo plays striker and Priso moves into the midfield but seems most likely he’ll be the first substitute, and rotate in occasionally as a starter. Hope I’m wrong though, I think he’s a starting quality player in MLS.

He played defensively last year so the only person I think he is competing with is MB.  I guess the identity of the coach may impact Priso’s ability to displace him but between rotation, MB possible playing some minutes in the back line (which he has done) etc hopefully he gets lots of minutes.  He is too talented to sit on the bench.  

7 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

I think Priso’s time is 2026.  Lost will depend on how he plays this year obviously but even if he really turns it on in MLS, I think Herdman would have a hard time dropping someone like Piette for him (I pick Sammy because as much as I appreciate him, I think he is at or near the bottom of the pecking order and thus most at risk).   He would have to explode in MLS this year to be in Qatar. Would love to see it happen as it would mean he is turning into a dominant player but I am skeptical it all happens in time for November.