Theo Corbeanu

jordan

1 hour ago, archer21 said:

Sheffield Wednesday...could be in the mix for promotion. 

55 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

So a top team in League One is likely a good fit. If they possess the ball and are on the attack the forwards will have lots of chances which will be great for Theo. Anyone know where he fits in their depth charts? I assume Wolves were assured he would get time?

Wednesday have support bigger than their position because of their history (same with Sunderland for Jebbison, if that happens), so they will be good test as far as pressure at that level.

As far as depth, depending on where they play him, the only player I really know is Callum Patterson, a big Scottish lump that was at Cardiff with Junior.  He can be useful though. Patterson and another loanee are their only forwards, so maybe there. 

A slight negative is that they are out of the Carabao Cup already so a few less games. 

Good club, looking forward to it. 

Already bigging him up

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Patterson is a useful player, he was very good at Hearts and had a good spell at Cardiff, Wednesday also have Shodipo who is a 24 year old winger on loan from QPR, he just hasn't been able to break into the Rangers side although many feel he should after good loan spells, he is currently out injured! Competition will be good for Theo and from the 2 players I have mentioned I think he will get some chance to play!

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Here's a SW forum thread talking about Theo

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/302763-theo-corbeanu/#comments

They seem pretty excited to get him but also seem to be of the belief that they are very deep at the winger position right now. 

Random spec in there they might try him inside as a striker? Seems like a stretch but he does have the big frame and any perceived lack of speed becomes less important playing centrally.

Anyway, as long as he gets playing time, I’m all for it

Amd I don’t mean this to be an “I told you so” or anything, but I think this move really explains/justifies why Theo was used the way he was in the GC.  He is a really exciting prospect and I have no doubt that he will be big for us, but he isn’t the finished product yet.  Herdman’s use of him just recognized the same thing known by the folks at Wolverhampton.   

Having said that, I really hope he uses this opportunity to show what he can do at that level.  From what I have seen in his limited minutes, he can be a pretty dangerous player, so I suspect he can have a big impact.  

1 hour ago, cronaldo7 said:

Felt like a loan to the Championship may have been a stretch and was wishful thinking. He’s still very young and League One will be competitive enough for him. Prove what you got at this level and Championship football/Premiership appearances will follow.

I don’t know he wasn’t out of place and looked like he should have/could have payed more. I wanted Champ, but to be fair, from a development standpoint it’s better to be a level too low than a level too high.

The right answer predominantly is go where ever he gets the most minutes at the highest level. He and Jebbison should be regular starters in league one. It is still good testing ground.

A year loan rather than 6 months shows they really wants another year or development out of him. Agree with @dyslexic nam. He isn't there yet. It's a year more than us bloodthirsty moles want but he has time on his side and this year will be invaluable. We have depth and will still be calling him if he excels.

S.W. will want instant promotion and will be a very competitive club in that league. There are 6/7 strong teams, discounting surprise packages, pushing for those 3 promotion spots so it should be a great testing ground.

41 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Huh?  And what that might be lol?

That he is a talented player, but not yet Premier League calibre.  He is an exciting prospect but is still behind other guys who have proven themselves at the senior level.  I think both this move, and his utilization and the GC, support this. 

I figure if Liam Millar, from a much larger club with more u-23 minutes, Youth League experience, and two years older, ended up in League One, then it could not be bad for Theo. Unlike Liam, it is not the last stop before leaving his club, he could come back into the mix and find a spot still. 

The advantage is minutes, they play so many matches and the load is so intense that they have to rotate. The team aspiring to promote is also a positive, in the sense that they won't be coasting, and he can't expect to get minutes just because. 

What I don't get is how they think this develops a player, strictly speaking. They are not going to be playing a similar style as Wolves at all. They play tons of matches against weak sides where physicality dominates. I am just saying: I am more used to seeing loans as effective when they can give a player more than just playing minutes against journeyman pros. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I figure if Liam Millar, from a much larger club with more u-23 minutes, Youth League experience, and two years older, ended up in League One, then it could not be bad for Theo. Unlike Liam, it is not the last stop before leaving his club, he could come back into the mix and find a spot still. 

The advantage is minutes, they play so many matches and the load is so intense that they have to rotate. The team aspiring to promote is also a positive, in the sense that they won't be coasting, and he can't expect to get minutes just because. 

What I don't get is how they think this develops a player, strictly speaking. They are not going to be playing a similar style as Wolves at all. They play tons of matches against weak sides where physicality dominates. I am just saying: I am more used to seeing loans as effective when they can give a player more than just playing minutes against journeyman pros. 

I get it, the premier league is a physical league, he can adjust to that there. 

Poor move - not based on league but based on the club.

Wednesday aren't a stable club for his development. Absentee ownership, shoddy admin, missed wages, managerial merry-go-round, mixed bag of largely overpaid players staying for the wages they can't get elsewhere while wanting out. Fans with unrealistic expectations of walking the league. Regardless of where they end up in the table this year - this is a club on its way down, not its way up. Not an ideal place for development.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Some assumptions there about how Wednesday will play and forgetting or not knowing that a lot of players - I said this before - like Joe Cole, Jermaine Defoe, Frank Lampard, David Beckham, Rio Ferdinand and Harry Kane, survived the English lower leagues with a fair bit of skill intact. others will do so as well.

Nuno thought Corbeanu needed to develop and use his body more effectively, "a cold rainy night in Stoke" - I mean Morecambe - is a good place to see him do that.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Well I was wrong. As a Wolves fan, I'm not happy unless we're making a move. Our wing position is in shambles. Neto is our only good winger and he's injured. I'm very surprised Lage made this decision without seeing him in camp. 

On the bright side, I think Theo will demolish League One. On the not so bright side, I don't think DAZN includes League One.