Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

7 hours ago, Corazon said:

It’s going to be tough to not include him for T&T if he continues this form.  Wednesday fans are over the moon with him on Twitter.

Must be. He’s come in, knocked in some goals and put them in a more competitive spot to save themselves from relegation.

I just binged the 3 episode-series of Sunderland till I Die (Season 3). Big part of the last episode was a match Sunderland played vs Sheffield Wednesday. Looks like they have an incredible fanbase. 

The comments under the Sheffield Wednesday posts are amazing.  He’s become a fan favourite in such a short period of time.  Rightfully so. 

He has his streaks and this one might end soon but I’m just not sure how we could justify him not being in our March squad.  Could be unfortunate for Bair because he deserves a call as well.

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Is there a chance we call Bair AND Ugbo? Both are deserving. Hard to imagine we do, but good problem to have.

I still think Biello would take Cavallini as the 4th striker because he’s close by and familiar with all the players.  Unless your one a handful of players on our team, form should be most important for call ups but that’s what I’d expect.  If Bair isn’t called up, he 100% needs to be called for our next friendlies

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

I have no idea what Biello will do, but for me you take the hot strikers. David and Larin will start, so 3rd/4th come in as subs. Both Bair and Ugbo are more likely to score given current form and both have legs to keep up with T&T. There's plenty of experience and leadership without Cav.

I don’t disagree with any of this.   I just can believe that Cav would be left off the team.  

17 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Both have been part of the set up and already integrated at least. Bair not for a while though. I think that would count for them rather than a first time call up. 

It's nice to have options!

I agree and think this will contribute to the thinking as well.  Especially when in all likelihood the 4th option won’t be playing in a one off game.  Both Ugbo and Cavallini have been off and on with this core group during the past 3/4 years including qualifying.  Bair has only been a part of Gold cup preliminary squads and camp poutine.  I don’t think he’s trained or played with most of core group, while the others have.  Even more reason we need more friendlies so these fringe players are more involved.  
Larin and David are undroppable and Ugbo is scoring at a higher level.  I do hope they find room for Bair though.

Edited by Corazon