Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

47 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I'm less concerned with his skill on the ball and his clever playmaking which he still has, but more re his ability to keep up and track back on the defensive side. In  NL vs USA Reyna blew past him and Oso kinda quit on the play. There were others that were involved that came up short so not 100% on him. He's getting to the point where like Jnr, we may not be able to count on him as a starter even with 3 mids. 

He looks like he’s playing in quick sand these days. Was always a big Oso fan but he has fallen off hard. Would be great if it was a blip but I’m not holding my breath

Edited by Floortom

Watching Cardiff vs Leicester. Leicester corner that Ugbo tries to clear with his head/chest and he doesnt get much on it. It leads directly to Marcal foot, who drills it onto the back of Cardiff's net. Not completely Ugbo's fault but he had to do better with the clearance.

Game is pretty much all Leicester. Cardiff is having a brutal time stringing passes together. Ugbo has provided okay pressure on the Leicester defenders but no real good chances.

Edit: cardiff just tied it with a great strike from Ramsey. Ugbo off after half

Edited by blueseeka

• 3 weeks later...

Was thinking about his stint at Troyes after seeing a teen from Troyes play for Girona the other day, Savinho. Ripped up the left wing, assisted, scored. But seems he really had never got first team minutes, this is his first year as a starter.

Troyes was a poor team but also a missed opportunity for Ugbo, you're part of the City Group so there are all kinds of options, second chances, if you show promise. They take a player, try them out, do a loan, bring them back, send to another team in the group.

I appreciate he's more a one touch killer in the area, he doesn't move the ball, but he should probably find a way to be more active on the ball.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was thinking about his stint at Troyes after seeing a teen from Troyes play for Girona the other day, Savinho. Ripped up the left wing, assisted, scored. But seems he really had never got first team minutes, this is his first year as a starter.

Troyes was a poor team but also a missed opportunity for Ugbo, you're part of the City Group so there are all kinds of options, second chances, if you show promise. They take a player, try them out, do a loan, bring them back, send to another team in the group.

I appreciate he's more a one touch killer in the area, he doesn't move the ball, but he should probably find a way to be more active on the ball.

Agree with most of this. It's too bad since he had a resurgence after his move from Belgium. It's becoming clearer that he's more of the streaky-forward type. 

That said, he's still young enough to reach his full potential as that one-touch finisher you describe. Still lots of time left. Maybe he'll end up in the Prem one day, but the results need to be better right now. 

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Yeah I have been thinking about this. Anytime I see him play for Canada there isn't really much interplay involved. It's either stretching the field with runs or checking back and laying the ball off, but he doesn't seem to offer much more, besides finishing off plays (which also hasn't happened for Canada). 

So I am wondering - what's his overall game looking like at Cardiff? I haven't gotten to watch him yet, highlights aside. Can anyone give us a run down on how he's been looking? I understand that during the hot start he wasn't really offering much else aside from goals. I am going to assume it's that way now too, but would love to hear from someone actually watching him week-in week-out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...