Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

Just doing some hasty speculation based on the squads

Two strikers started the first game for Cardiff City.  Robinson (28) and Etete (21) were both bought last year.  They scored 5 and 3 goals respectively though the former added 6 assists and was injured from February on. 

Watters (24) who is on the bench behind Ugbo for the second game was on loan in League 1 for the second half of last season and scored 4 goals. 

Their new manager seems to play 2 up front a fair bit.  And they have lost another loan striker and Connor Wickham from last season. 

Seems like an opportunity at least.

Update on the game itself:

Sub off at the 30' half of the second game 

His two contributions noted by WalesOnline:

"- 12 Save! Oh, Ugbo with a great chance there. O'Dowda again, skipping past his man and hitting a low cross. It falls to Ugbo, who makes a mess of his first effort, but gets another bite at the cherry. He hits it low but the goalkeeper saves brilliantly with his legs.

- 22 Collins is found with a short corner and he hits a cross into the box. Ugbo looks to make the most of it with a headed effort, but it's cleared to Adams. Adams hits a left-footed volley but it's pulled wide from 18 yards out."

(Yes apparently I am having a slow morning)

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

4 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Update on the game itself:

Sub off at the 30' half of the second game 

His two contributions noited by WalesOnline:

"- 12 Save! Oh, Ugbo with a great chance there. O'Dowda again, skipping past his man and hitting a low cross. It falls to Ugbo, who makes a mess of his first effort, but gets another bite at the cherry. He hits it low but the goalkeeper saves brilliantly with his legs.

- 22 Collins is found with a short corner and he hits a cross into the box. Ugbo looks to make the most of it with a headed effort, but it's cleared to Adams. Adams hits a left-footed volley but it's pulled wide from 18 yards out."

(Yes apparently I am having a slow morning)

As someone else who's also having a slow morning, I very much appreciate these reports lol

16 hours ago, GasPed said:

Where is the poor rating?  He's barely mentioned in that article (and the mentions aren't all that bad).

The running coverage shows he had a couple of chances, but I think @Boominbooty is referring to the "5/10" rating.

I didn't see it initially, but after expanding the story, you will see the reporter did provide a rating list. If memory serves, he basically said Ugbo didn't produce anything memorable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Putting in the effort to harry the ball when Cardiff retreat to their blocks.  Part of an almost perfect away performance...so far.

Edit: Taken off in the 78'.  Gone to a single striker who needs to hold up the ball as Cardiff are hanging on.  Not Ugbo's game unfortunately.

Shame they couldn't hold on against dirty, dirty Leeds but a draw is a draw.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford