Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

5 hours ago, Mitchryan11 said:

lets all take a quick step back her ugbo is a poacher and the goal and assist yesterday was a typical ugbo goal contribution, balls wont fall so easily in england

He has taken a step down in competition. I expect he should get more chances in the Championship.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

He's gonna have to keep it up all the way into October lol

Naw.... he'll be alright as long as he's playing. A lot of guys will be out of season once there team is out of the MLS playoffs.

Cavallini isn't playing. 
Russell-Rowe hasn't scored since May.
Hoilett doesn't have a team.

There's others who have dropped off since the GC.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Naw.... he'll be alright as long as he's playing. A lot of guys will be out of season once there team is out of the MLS playoffs.

Cavallini isn't playing. 

I think he's referring to the fact that it will be long time before anyone gets called up to our National team...

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Cavallini isn't playing. 

Cavallini missed the start of the season because he was at the Gold Cup. He was coming off the bench in the Leagues Cup. I wouldn't call that not playing, rather easing back in. 

I used to be a big fan of Cava. His hold up play, aggressive pressing and toughness in the box were attributes others did not display. But his legs are gone and he is not able to do those things effectively now. If Ugbo stays consistent with Cardiff, he replaces Cava.  I'm afraid we may be facing the same situation with Oso but hoping he can have a bounce back season next year.

35 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I used to be a big fan of Cava. His hold up play, aggressive pressing and toughness in the box were attributes others did not display. But his legs are gone and he is not able to do those things effectively now. If Ugbo stays consistent with Cardiff, he replaces Cava.  I'm afraid we may be facing the same situation with Oso but hoping he can have a bounce back season next year.

I think Oso's game isn't that reliant on physicality but his struggles these past 12 months are probably directly to his injuries, and TFC being a tire fire. Hopefully next year is more stress free and injury free.

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

I think Oso's game isn't that reliant on physicality but his struggles these past 12 months are probably directly to his injuries, and TFC being a tire fire. Hopefully next year is more stress free and injury free.

I'm less concerned with his skill on the ball and his clever playmaking which he still has, but more re his ability to keep up and track back on the defensive side. In  NL vs USA Reyna blew past him and Oso kinda quit on the play. There were others that were involved that came up short so not 100% on him. He's getting to the point where like Jnr, we may not be able to count on him as a starter even with 3 mids.