Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 10:29 AM, dyslexic nam said:

Not in the squad today and this makes it sound like he is a healthy scratch.  

IMG_3276.jpeg

Just an FYI that he has a hamstring injury. The manager said he'd be back in January:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/todays-cardiff-city-news-striker-28344462

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, costarg said:

He's hot now too, I guess Biello will have to play 4 strikers vs T&T.

Being able to take in parts of both the Wednesday and Motherwell matches... the level difference is quite apparent

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

The ol' "four 9" formation...

----------Bair-Larin-Ugbo-David------

Davies---------------------------Buchanan

---Adekugbe-Miller-Vitoria-Laryea---

----------------Keeper-----------------

Screw the midfield.

Coward😉.  Clearly the original 1-1-8 is the way forward. 

1-1-8-e6e.png

1 hour ago, nolando said:

Highlights including Ugbo's brace:

I think there is one play in the middle there where he has two chances on goal blocked by defenders. 

Ugbo is more a one-touch striker, and I think has always been. When we brought him in, there was the idea that he would give us that threat higher up. David tends to not score with his head, and tends to not push into the keeper, he hangs back. Larin is more a target, but has more ball play, can go to the wing if he has to and, despite his height, seems to prefer to fall back to the second post to find a high ball. We thought at Canada that Ubgo would be ideal when our wings are pushing and putting in crosses in the face of the keeper. If that hasn't happened yet, maybe we need to improve the wing play, because I'd like to see Ugbo scoring for Canada. 

I agree the play in Championship is of a higher level than in SPL, only Old Firm rivals it, or maybe lately when either Rangers or Celtic play Hearts. Saying this as, all things considered, Ugbo has to be ahead of Theo if the former is scoring.