Alistair Johnston

lazlo_80

The revenue share from transfers or loans for clubs is as follows:

• A club shall receive 95% of the corresponding transfer or loan fee revenue from any transaction involving a player that is NOT a Homegrown Player or a U22 Initiative Slot Player

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

Sam Vines went for $2M to Royal Antwerp. That’s a good comp since they are same age, profile and similarly rated players. Johnston’s national team experience might give him a slight edge.

Sam Vines is a year younger and had one more full season of MLS under his belt than Johnston before going to Europe. But similar enough and we're probably looking at the same kind of number if he's sold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, P-O said:

Of course he hasn't played on the right of a 3 man defense for the NT

If you watched CF MTL play Camacho was the pivot on that back line. I rate Johnston but not as a center back. He doesn't have the skills or the physique to play that position.  MTL got him to play RCB and they will probably rotate Waterman and Orri in the CB position.

Just now, Sal333 said:

If you watched CF MTL play Camacho was the pivot on that back line. I rate Johnston but not as a center back. He doesn't have the skills or the physique to play that position.  MTL got him to play RCB and they will probably rotate Waterman and Orri in the CB position.

Next time I will make sure to specify on what side of the CB he plays.

I haven't missed a Montreal games in years

TFC used to be my team in MLS and I am still exited about the kids, but more and more I am liking what Montreal is doing with the Canadian content.  Johnston joins Miller, ZBG, and Waterman in defence, and that isn’t even touching keeper and midfield (or fringe guys like Bassong). Great to see a team pushing that hard to field Canadians.