Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

11 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Ends 6-1 for the US, I love how Berhalter was imploring his players to get back to the centre circle after the 6th goal to get one more to take the group lead but the players either didn’t notice or ignored him

I've never seen a coach whose team was winning by so much look so pissed. That moment was kinda funny.

2 hours ago, PopePouri said:

Sturing
Henry
Johnston

Sub in Miller for Johnston at some point.

Sturing did not play vs Suriname and Haiti X2 in WCQ. I know we are in the QF, but I assume we want a result vs the US? At the very least we dont want to be pummeled by the US

42 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Sturing did not play vs Suriname and Haiti X2 in WCQ. I know we are in the QF, but I assume we want a result vs the US? At the very least we dont want to be pummeled by the US

Do we need a result? If we were meeting Mexico or El Salvador in the semis, we go all out in this game to play the runner-up, but it's Jamaica and Costa Rica. Two evenly matched teams.

15 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

Do we need a result? If we were meeting Mexico or El Salvador in the semis, we go all out in this game to play the runner-up, but it's Jamaica and Costa Rica. Two evenly matched teams.

Plus, guys like Vitoria and Miller are going to need a rest ... that would be a lot of minutes on Vitoria's legs, in a short time, especially considering he's expected to play 90+ more in the QF.

3 hours ago, PopePouri said:

I think we want to win the group and avoid Mexico correct?  Let’s be clear.  Concacaf wants a us Mexican final and the US does not want to see Mexico in the semis 

I for one think you play each match to win and don’t shoot yourself in the foot against US due to that one match ban!  

29 minutes ago, Ruud said:

I think we want to win the group and avoid Mexico correct?  Let’s be clear.  Concacaf wants a us Mexican final and the US does not want to see Mexico in the semis 

I for one think you play each match to win and don’t shoot yourself in the foot against US due to that one match ban!  

Keep in mind that Mexico currently doesn’t lead their group and that Group A’s final round of matches bizarrely occur after Group B’s so we won’t know Mexico’s position until after we play.

Frankly I don’t think we need to worry about when we face Mexico if it is the semis or the final, let’s focus on getting past the QF first