Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

On 7/9/2021 at 4:21 PM, grigorio said:

This gonna feel like flashback to gold cups of old where goals are gonna be a struuuuuuuuuuuggle. 

I'm gonna wait to see what happens in the QF's here but I got this baby queued up for those that thought goals were gonna pour in and this was an irrational concern 😅

"Any proposed medical replacements will only be considered by the Concacaf Medical Committee in cases of serious injury or illness. Such replacements must be proposed to Concacaf for review at least 24 hours before the kick-off of the relevant team’s Quarterfinal match. Additionally, players proposed as medical replacements must come from the previously announced provisional rosters."

Interested to see if Covid will be considered "serious illness"....

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

"Any proposed medical replacements will only be considered by the Concacaf Medical Committee in cases of serious injury or illness. Such replacements must be proposed to Concacaf for review at least 24 hours before the kick-off of the relevant team’s Quarterfinal match. Additionally, players proposed as medical replacements must come from the previously announced provisional rosters."

Interested to see if Covid will be considered "serious illness"....

The sentence right before the part you quoted is: "This is primarily due to the COVID-19 challenges that have impacted a number of the participating teams in the Group Stage."

So I'm going to assume yes.

(Sorry to keep doing this to you 🤣)

1 minute ago, gator said:

No, it's just like the common cold!😷🙂

I am not trying to downplay the seriousness of covid for those suffering from the disease, I am genuinely curious in the context of this tournament. Many of the players to test positive have likely done so with no symptoms of illness, so will it be considered "serious"?

A lot of players have missed action in this tournament due to positive tests, so I suspect it will be for that reason. 

3 minutes ago, RS said:

The sentence right before the part you quoted is: "This is primarily due to the COVID-19 challenges that have impacted a number of the participating teams in the Group Stage."

So I'm going to assume yes.

(Sorry to keep doing this to you 🤣)

You got me on this one! Thanks! Answers my own question. Teaches me for trying to get details and work at the same time. I should know better lol

24 minutes ago, Obinna said:

You got me on this one! Thanks! Answers my own question. Teaches me for trying to get details and work at the same time. I should know better lol

I really enjoyed watching that Mexico El Salvador game.. what was that? 30k stuffed together whooping it up, hugging, screaming living it up. Good for them. I wonder how many will survive? I think we all know the answer. Keep it up Obinna. People are behind you. More than people realize. Here & everywhere

Edited by SpursFlu

5 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I really enjoyed watching that Mexico El Salvador game.. what was that? 30k stuffed together whooping it up, hugging, screaming living it up. Good for them. I wonder how many will survive? I think we all know the answer. Keep it up Obinna. People are behind you. More than people realize. Here & everywhere

The difference between you and Obinna is one of how you portray yourself.  I know who I would rather discuss this with in a pub…

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The difference between you and Obinna is one of how you portray yourself.  I know who I would rather discuss this with in a pub…

The difference is he has patience, I have none. Im not here to make friends. I could care less. But your in for a shock when you find out you carried the water but still had to sleep on the couch

15 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

The difference is he has patience, I have none. Im not here to make friends. I could care less. But your in for a shock when you find out you carried the water but still had to sleep on the couch

Well, aren't you interesting...

2 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

The difference is that he's a generally reasonable guy with some questionable positions on a few issues. You're (note the correct spelling) just a cunt of a bloke.

5 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Honestly what is the point then? Spew your opinions to a bunch of people you don't care about?

6 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'll never understand why so many people erroneously say "could care less". Surely it's plainly obvious that this means that you do in fact care.

55 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Brutal. Doesn't sound like an ACL with that timeline, so that's good. 

Can we call Jebbison as a replacement? :)

In all seriousness, it will probably be Akindele, which I would be alright with. 

I think I saw Akindele is not on the provisional roster.

Just now, Ruffian said:

I think I saw Akindele is not on the provisional roster.

Pretty certain he is. Someone can confirm if they'd like. I think we need another forward with Akinola out and Akindele would fit the profile (much as I would like David or Jebbison, it's not going to happen).

Wouldn’t mind Akindele as a replacement, certainly deserves it. But how would you all feel giving Bustos the call? Good finisher and could play the goal scoring playmaker role at the 10. Unsure if he was on the provisional though

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Pretty certain he is. Someone can confirm if they'd like. I think we need another forward with Akinola out and Akindele would fit the profile (much as I would like David or Jebbison, it's not going to happen).

You are correct. Went back and re-read a twitter conversation that I misread.

If we brought in a replacement for Akinola, calling in Bustos would be a bit of a gamble (but would love to give him a chance).  Think it would more likely be Tesho as a known quantity.  
Edit: I still think we need to use those we called into the squad and see how they do.  So before Akinola’s replacement gets it, we should start Corbeanu.