Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

3 hours ago, Ngravs said:

The only explanation seems to be the concussion rule but if not that’s so Concacaf 

He followed that up by saying that apparently concacaf IS using the concussion protocol for this tournament. So basically he was just looking for clickbait before actually looking it up.

But yah, that wouldn't surprise me one bit if that was just the most concacaf thing ever 😆

24 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

We play after Mexico and El Salvador.. so we'll already know what we have to do to avoid Mexico.

No - our match is before Mexico / El Salvador

i don’t believe Mexico will try to game the result anyway. It would look pretty pathetic and their fans won’t have that. They expect to beat down El Salvador

Edited by Floortom

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

No - our match is before Mexico / El Salvador

i don’t believe Mexico will try to game the result anyway. It would look pretty pathetic and their fans won’t have that. They expect to beat down El Salvador

I stand corrected. I wrongly assumed given the groups - that's just odd.

We're going to have an additional 2 days rest on whoever we face in the quarters.. if we make it.

27 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Also makes no sense for Mexico to want to play against us if we beat the US 

Final.. giant stadium, US Mexico = $

Not saying anything is fixed.. im saying deck stacked as per usual. We just have to win. I think we can beat the US and if the stars align we have the talent to beat Mexico 

Edited by SpursFlu

2 hours ago, narduch said:

I still think Mexico wins their group. El Salvador is still trash.

And the Mexican media would not be happy if they don't get a result.

I’ll be surprised if El Salvador don’t lose to Mexico. 

Their recent results are masked.(but the same can be said about us)

35 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I think Rodan and Zavelleta are nice additions. I know tfc fans don't rate Zavelleta but its never a bad thing to have a defender over 5'7"

Zavaleta was man  of the match in their first game, don't know if he ever achieved that with TFC

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

…. but its never a bad thing to have a defender over 5'7"

Man you’re stereotypical eh?

I had to check to see if this was true, turns out they have only 1 defender that’s under 5’8…and he’s a left back.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Man you’re stereotypical eh?

I had to check to see if this was true, turns out they have only 1 defender that’s under 5’8…and he’s a left back.

You got me. Facts matter

But what i was really trying to say after talking to a couple guys from El Salvador.. the back line and putting the ball in the net has been a weakness. They can ole people and win the middle of the field but adding a solid cb is a good pickup for them

Edited by SpursFlu

11 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Bad news for Jamaica - wonder if they will have an outbreak. Hopefully the Covid issues don’t impact more teams.

I presume players are in bubbles to minimize risk, so it's interesting how and why certain players end up testing positive. I doubt he was out at Universal Studios or Disney Land.

My guess is that he already had trace amounts of Sars Cov 2 in his system but it came in under the testing threshold. Now the trace amounts are large enough to come in over the testing threshold.

And now he has to sit out, sucks for him and Jamaica fans. He was very good in the first match.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I presume players are in bubbles to minimize risk, so it's interesting how and why certain players end up testing positive. I doubt he was out at Universal Studios or Disney Land.

My guess is that he already had trace amounts of Sars Cov 2 in his system but it came in under the testing threshold. Now the trace amounts are large enough to come in over the testing threshold.

And now he has to sit out, sucks for him and Jamaica fans. He was very good in the first match.

In an article in the Jamaican press it specifically says the players are not in a bubble but are taking “appropriate precautions.” not sure if that’s the case for all teams.

also they have already been tested 4 times so would be odd for him to just pass the threshold now unless he recently caught it

Edited by Floortom