Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

I presume players are in bubbles to minimize risk, so it's interesting how and why certain players end up testing positive. I doubt he was out at Universal Studios or Disney Land.

My guess is that he already had trace amounts of Sars Cov 2 in his system but it came in under the testing threshold. Now the trace amounts are large enough to come in over the testing threshold.

And now he has to sit out, sucks for him and Jamaica fans. He was very good in the first match.

Could be wrong, but I don't think there are many bubbles still happening in the US.  It's pretty much full open for business as usual.  I highly doubt many confederations are locking the players down.

7 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

So why are we playing on Sunday on two days rest, but then have an entire week off before the QF the following Sunday? There are no games scheduled for Monday.  Presumably just $$$$ of course I guess they figure the US won’t support their own team on a Monday?

Television. Our match v. USA is on the main Fox network 

Edited by narduch

12 minutes ago, narduch said:

Television. Our match v. USA is on the main Fox network 

That’s good to know, it will be nice to be able to watch the national team on television again. But I would prefer the “extra” day off. Seems likely we will see a lot of roster rotation as the team already looked fatigued in this game.

Just now, Bdog said:

So they need 3 now?

Yes, to take the lead in the group. To be honest I not that fussed if we we finish first or second, we will probably be considered slight underdogs in the QF regardless and we have to face Mexico at some point 

Now 5-1 as I type so just need two more