Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

19 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Keep in mind that Mexico currently doesn’t lead their group and that Group A’s final round of matches bizarrely occur after Group B’s so we won’t know Mexico’s position until after we play.

Frankly I don’t think we need to worry about when we face Mexico if it is the semis or the final, let’s focus on getting past the QF first

This is it.  We can't play our game vs the US trying to predict or assume what happens in Mexico v El Salvador.  Mexico plays after us, It's safe to assume they'd rather play us than USA.  There is no point in going all in like we need to win our group.

Herdman also knows this, we're into the QF, that's what mattered, the rest from here on out is out of our control.  I bet we see a good rotation vs USA, including Sturing and Ayo. 

Edited by costarg

2 hours ago, costarg said:

This is it.  We can't play our game vs the US trying to predict or assume what happens in Mexico v El Salvador.  Mexico plays after us, It's safe to assume they'd rather play us than USA.  There is no point in going all in like we need to win our group.

Herdman also knows this, we're into the QF, that's what mattered, the rest from here on out is out of our control.  I bet we see a good rotation vs USA, including Sturing and Ayo. 

Herdman already said they’re treating the USA game like a derby, and it’s not very common to start your bench squad in a derby game.

3 minutes ago, costarg said:

Yes, but there were only two rest days since the last game.  That can affect a guy like Vitoria. 

But then the question is whether or not he is the best one to take the field against the US on gameday - not whether or not he gets rested as a “starter” just to give him a day off.  Subtle but important difference.