Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

8 hours ago, BigMo said:

Dont share the distate for their NT and its players, as many seem to. The players aren't responsible for their FA or country's politics and have some genuine talent. Also like seeing competitive inter-federation play, which is extremely rare outside of the World Cup. 

Id be very surprised if Panama beats them handily. 

Agreed. It's not like this is a true regional championship tournament, with teams like Martinique and Guadeloupe in the mix. Happy to see a country like Qatar . Can't hurt to play styles and players we otherwise would only play at the world cup, like South Korea and Colombia in years past.

Edited by The Real Marc

4 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Anyone else have the stream constantly buffering and having to reload it only for the cycle to repeat?

yah this is ridiculous.

just watched an entire game on youtube without so much as a hiccup. back to the onesoccer app i can't go 2 minutes without having to restart the stream.

1 minute ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

yah this is ridiculous.

just watched an entire game on youtube without so much as a hiccup. back to the onesoccer app i can't go 2 minutes without having to restart the stream.

Yah it's brutal. They better not have this for Canda's game.

10 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

When I was watching the Euro final the super gay dude behind me was making fun of Chiellini the whole game for being "Bald & Ugly". At one point he yelled out, bald and ugly people shouldn't be allowed to play. I guess instead of laughing I should have asked him to leave. I dont speak the language but the person next to me translated that he was also sexuallly objectifying several of the players. It was very distracting when I was trying to be angry while simultaneously trying to figure out why Luke Shaw has a nice ass

Geez.  Luke Shaw has a nice ass.  I better remember to look next time.  Upset the Euros are over now.

On a more serious note, we can debate whether its a homophobic chant or not and whether FIFA is being hypocritical or not but what I don't get is the Mexican fans themselves.  Clearly, FIFA has mandated that they don't want to hear this anymore and by continually chanting it, they are just damaging their own side.  They already have to play the first two WCQ behind closed doors.  And if they continue, they likely will have to play more like that or worse which undermines their World Cup hopes.  That just seems plain stupid.  But being a Canadian fan, I will take it. 

Its interesting that after the first round of matches where the top teams all played minnows (other than Panama/Qatar), we are tied with Honduras for the most goals.  That is a welcome change from years past.

ps. Not saying that means we are going to win anything but its just nice that we continue the recent trajectory of not having an issue scoring

Qatar 🇶🇦 actually looked impressive last night against Panama 🇵🇦 like I'm shocked because I was expecting them to lay an egg but they definitely didn't. I'm even amazed. They managed to draw with Panama who was at the last World Cup in Russia and Qatar are trying to get tournament experience winning the 2019 Asian Cup, played at Copa America 2019 and now here at the 2021 Gold Cup. They look good.

3 hours ago, BigMo said:

Grenada very unlucky to not be up. Managed by a Canadian as well (and former NT assistant)

And former NT coach. He was interim after we dropped Floro. He was our coach in 2017 vs. Scotland. He also took the team vs. Ghana when Floro was with the u-23s. 

Turns out one of my best friends knows him from Vancouver, or better his wife does. Just saw he was born in Nova Scotia though, did not know that.

Certainly the kind of guy, having qualified Grenada for the GC, to think of for a future CPL job.

3 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Qatar 🇶🇦 actually looked impressive last night against Panama 🇵🇦 like I'm shocked because I was expecting them to lay an egg but they definitely didn't. I'm even amazed. They managed to draw with Panama who was at the last World Cup in Russia and Qatar are trying to get tournament experience winning the 2019 Asian Cup, played at Copa America 2019 and now here at the 2021 Gold Cup. They look good.

i’m surprised about this considering all their players play in Qatar