Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

Sounds like he has the right attitude so that’s a good start . I’ve seen him enough to know he has that special quality the good players have . It’s just a matter of seeing if he can continue to develop as he gets older . I think he has the talent and if he can come close to fulfilling the potential many like me think he has then Canada has another special talent on it’s hands . Moreover, I think he has the perfect coach in Bradley to guide him to the next level and if Bradley can work his magic like he did with MAK with this kid then  Canada will just have another very good addition on it’s hands .

Edited by SoccMan

Well, let's just say it seems like Jahkeele is enjoying himself with some pretty staggering company. He really is getting the superstar treatment: travels to the biggest clubs in Europe, shows up, trains, meets the stars, experiences what it's like at the top, then goes to the next club. 

Big things in this kids future

24 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

Well, let's just say it seems like Jahkeele is enjoying himself with some pretty staggering company. He really is getting the superstar treatment: travels to the biggest clubs in Europe, shows up, trains, meets the stars, experiences what it's like at the top, then goes to the next club. 

Big things in this kids future

God damn Jahkeele.

On 12/22/2021 at 6:38 AM, Bison44 said:

HAHA, who looks happier in that pic??  Salah is pumped to meet JMR!!  

Has anyone here seen Salah play live, just asking?

Because I must say, from what I saw mostly pre-Covid, in that 2-3 year lead-up say, he was one of the best players I saw live. 

Sometimes it is worth it to make the effort to see the talented ones, because if they have a good day, and sometimes if they don't, it leaves an indelible impression.

48 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

He’s 19 and playing for a Serie A team.  I would be pretty damn happy if we had young guys playing at the level.  

He's playing with Venezia... They are terrible. They are basically a Serie B team - just a few points away from being relegated again. He has one goal and barely starts. Pecile is with Venezia and is also 19 and is barely on Canada's radar.

I think JMR already has a higher ceiling and brighter future than Busio and he's 2 years younger... He's on a much better trajectory than Busio... Busio will be back in MLS in a year.

One thing that we can all rely on like clockwork is that American players are wildly overhyped and Canadian players are wildly underrated (until they're not; see Davies, David). So that's something we should all remember when judging the ceiling of American players vs Canadian.

That said, JMR might be the first Canadian who seems to be getting fed into the hype machine, so I hope the aforementioned statement still rings true in this case.

48 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Because I must say, from what I saw mostly pre-Covid, in that 2-3 year lead-up say, he was one of the best players I saw live. 

Sometimes it is worth it to make the effort to see the talented ones, because if they have a good day, and sometimes if they don't, it leaves an indelible impression.

I have and he has been good but I think I best player I saw in the flesh was Suarez playing for Liverpool. 

16 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

He's playing with Venezia... They are terrible. They are basically a Serie B team - just a few points away from being relegated again. He has one goal and barely starts. Pecile is with Venezia and is also 19 and is barely on Canada's radar.

I think JMR already has a higher ceiling and brighter future than Busio and he's 2 years younger... He's on a much better trajectory than Busio... Busio will be back in MLS in a year.

Busio has the 2nd most minutes on the team so saying he barely starts is a big stretch. Pecile is with Venezia u19 - not really the same. That’s like saying Simon Colyn is with PSV. 
also there’s no way that Busio is back in MLS in a year. 

3 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Busio has the 2nd most minutes on the team so saying he barely starts is a big stretch. Pecile is with Venezia u19 - not really the same. That’s like saying Simon Colyn is with PSV. 
also there’s no way that Busio is back in MLS in a year. 

Busio does play quite a bit, still 19 and a lot of development needed but even if he plays for a trash team, getting those minutes against that level of play isn't a bad thing.

If JMR is playing for a bad Serie A team and getting significant minutes Canadian fans should be thrilled

46 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

I like Busio, not as much as many people though. I also don't think JMR and he are that similar, though I kinda see why a comp can be made.

That being said, your framing of Busio and Pecile at Venezia is completely disingenuous. You make it seem like they are in similar standing there when Busio is a regular starter for the senior team and Pecile has never even made the bench (not that I've seen anyway, he certainly has 0 senior minutes).

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Saw Barca at Camp Nou in the spring of '99. Had a few decent players on that squad. :)

Seriously, Figo really stood out to me as a fairly novice football fan at the time. 

56 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

He's still playing in Serie A regularly and he's not even 20 yet. 

Pecile isn't even making the first team bench.

Busio with SKC was a regular. I like JMR, but let's be real he's all hype right now. He gets all this praise from TFC brass but barely played and was ok at best when he did for both TFC and TFC II.

46 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Busio has the 2nd most minutes on the team so saying he barely starts is a big stretch.

No kidding. Busio's got 1374 minutes from 16 starts (18 appearances) this season. Venezia's only played 19 games so far.

Missing out on one game, as a 19 year old, is not a big deal.

1 hour ago, frmr said:

One thing that we can all rely on like clockwork is that American players are wildly overhyped and Canadian players are wildly underrated (until they're not; see Davies, David). So that's something we should all remember when judging the ceiling of American players vs Canadian.

That said, JMR might be the first Canadian who seems to be getting fed into the hype machine, so I hope the aforementioned statement still rings true in this case.

I dont know, Buchanon seemed to get quite the hype train...MLS jumped on and really bragged him up,  And not just the americans, they really want to raise the street cred of the league when anyone transfers to europe.  

13 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I dont know, Buchanon seemed to get quite the hype train...MLS jumped on and really bragged him up,  And not just the americans, they really want to raise the street cred of the league when anyone transfers to europe.  

Yeah but then he was snubbed for the Young Player award. If he was American, he would have been hyped as the next CR7.

1 hour ago, hodgkiss said:

He's playing with Venezia... They are terrible. They are basically a Serie B team - just a few points away from being relegated again. 

They’re a recently promoted team that’s 6 points above relegation halfway through the season. They just need to buy a good forward in the winter window. Okereke is the only current forward they have that’s Serie A level. 10th in the league in big chances created but 18th in gpg. I expect Venezia to stay up.

43 minutes ago, frmr said:

Yeah but then he was snubbed for the Young Player award. If he was American, he would have been hyped as the next CR7.

Come on. Ferreira is American and had the most G+A of player eligible for the award. Dude wasn’t even a finalist. Barco was top 8 in match rating on WS, SofaScore, and FotMob and didn’t have a chance of winning the award. Buchanan made MLS best XI over Salloi who was a finalist for MVP. You’re crazy if you think MLS wasn’t hyping Buchanan up just because he didn’t win an award.

9 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Come on. Ferreira is American and had the most G+A of player eligible for the award. Dude wasn’t even a finalist. Barco was top 8 in match rating on WS, SofaScore, and FotMob and didn’t have a chance of winning the award. Buchanan made MLS best XI over Salloi who was a finalist for MVP. You’re crazy if you think MLS wasn’t hyping Buchanan up just because he didn’t win an award.

It's a general statement. I'm not saying Buchanan hasn't been given praise or hasn't been hyped at all. I'm just saying generally speaking, American players are overhyped, and Canadian players are underrated. It's just the way that it is. Of course you can find exceptions to this, and I'm not saying you can't.