Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

He scored a penalty in leading TFC to the U-15 U.S. Soccer Development Academy title recently.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/06/25/toronto-fc-beats-lafc-win-first-u-15-development-academy-national-title

This was after his performance in the GA tourney earlier this year.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/22/toronto-fcs-jahkeele-marshall-rutty-introduces-himself-ga-cup-heroics

Edited by red card

7 hours ago, Ivan said:

Heard a rumour that the TFC brass (Vanney & Manning) is pushing a very talented youngster in their academy to the USA.  Hope its not this kid, but really, I will drop all support for TFC if it ever comes out (a la Akinola) that they are pushing kids that grew up in Canada to the US. 

Where did you hear this?

A buddy of mine plays old-timer soccer in Burlington with some well-connected people that would know.  Was told that a young star in the system was being pushed to the US and that they were very disappointed.  My buddy did not know the player's name so it may not be him, I'm just putting 2 +2 together.  Regardless of who the player is, if this is actually happening within the TFC system it is very wrong.  I guess we'll see.  

8 minutes ago, Ivan said:

A buddy of mine plays old-timer soccer in Burlington with some well-connected people that would know.  Was told that a young star in the system was being pushed to the US and that they were very disappointed.  My buddy did not know the player's name so it may not be him, I'm just putting 2 +2 together.  Regardless of who the player is, if this is actually happening within the TFC system it is very wrong.  I guess we'll see.  

Maybe they were talking about Akinola??  I am grasping at straws......

9 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Yeah, we heard that rumour with Akinola so I'm not surprised they'll do it again with another dual citizen. The sooner Vanney gets fired, the better. 

Hopefully guys like Davies and David get in this kid's other ear and tell him to suit up for us. 

Whoever this kid is.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 2:54 PM, Ivan said:

Heard a rumour that the TFC brass (Vanney & Manning) is pushing a very talented youngster in their academy to the USA.  Hope its not this kid, but really, I will drop all support for TFC if it ever comes out (a la Akinola) that they are pushing kids that grew up in Canada to the US. 

Looks like it's not him considering he's been called by us for the 2019 Concacaf U-15 Championship.  

On 6/29/2019 at 11:41 PM, Ivan said:

Holy S***, that needs to get out if true

• 5 months later...

Well, congrats to him. Hopefully he gets a lot more action with tfc2 this year.

He was being looked at by teams from Europe apparently.  Not sure how it works, but did they do this because there was a chance he could leave for free? I know some other mls teams ended up losing big prospects for nothing.

Was expecting Nelson and Perruzza to get their contracts first, but that could still potentially happen.

45 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

He was being looked at by teams from Europe apparently.  Not sure how it works, but did they do this because there was a chance he could leave for free? I know some other mls teams ended up losing big prospects for nothing.

I’m curious how this works as well

he was signed to TFCII so wouldn’t that be considered professional, meaning he is tied to Tfc?

Edited by Bikerack

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

A star for Canada's future and to think by 2026, he will only be 22 years old by the time the 2026 FIFA World Cup begins here at home in our backyard.

Friendly writing advice from someone who doesn't write well. Try to cut down on the redundancies like in my edit of your comment above.