Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

I don't know man...I know he's 19, but I need to see more from him.

That assist to Owusu seemed more like a good decision vs an intentional assist.

The penalty he drew I was like "square it, square it"...before he fumbled on the ball and fortunately drew a PK after fucking up the play. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I don't know man...I know he's 19, but I need to see more from him.

That assist to Owusu seemed more like a good decision vs an intentional assist.

The penalty he drew I was like "square it, square it"...before he fumbled on the ball and fortunately drew a PK after fucking up the play. 

He was hesitant, the execution will come will confidence and reps. 

6 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

At the risk of mansplaining it, for me it is all about the expectations you have for him.

If you still think of him as the 16-17 year old world-beating phenom that was destined for greatness, then yes, you will be disappointed.

If you set aside that bullshit hype-machine baggage and just think of him as a 19 year old kid who is now (technically) in his 5th season as a pro, and who is increasingly showing an ability to play as an MLS starter, things are still pretty damn good.   

i think I compare him to Nelson. And Jayden wasn't hyped up as much as he was, but you were able to see the glimpses of talent on the ball when he was given his limited minutes at TFC.

With JMR (I understand it's early) but it still feels like he's still that 15yo playing with men.

Im not trying to write him off, or downplay his efforts. It's just how I feel from what I've seen...but again it's early.

Edited by Shway

3 hours ago, Shway said:

i think I compare him to Nelson. And Jayden wasn't hyped up as much as he was, but you were able to see the glimpses of talent on the ball when he was given his limited minutes at TFC.

With JMR (I understand it's early) but it still feels like he's still that 15yo playing with men.

Im not trying to write him off, or downplay his efforts. It's just how I feel from what I've seen...but again it's early.

Similar in profile to Marcelo Flores.  Smaller attacking player, not particularly quick or strong but shows flashes.  Both still very young.

Marcelo on 7 goals in 1000 Liga MX minutes now.  Playing more forward of the two.