Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

On 11/27/2021 at 7:10 PM, reggietfc said:

probs right,wonder which club?

I would be surprised if he is heading over for anything more than training. TFC have said how highly rated he is, so I think they will want to keep him and develop him themselves. 
whether they are capable of that is another matter altogether. 

14 hours ago, Shway said:

I definitely would prefer that TFCs you gets would head to Europe vs grinding it out for the same minutes.

If TFC can move him and and get whatever fee they need that would be very beneficial to the other young Canadian attackers on TFC that are going to be fighting for playing time next season with him.

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So on the Northern Futbol podcast Nef and Galindo have said that Rutty is actually also out of contract in January and it’s unlikely he gets consistent minutes at TFC and that it’s likely he’s gone to Europe on a free after exploring his options. Bayern and Fulham had interest.

He won't be able to sign in Europe until next summer (after he turns 18). I don't think it would hurt to stay with TFC for another year and get some first team football. 

Another creative option would be to sign with a CPL club for a half season ... star there and then re-visit the European options.

8 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So on the Northern Futbol podcast Nef and Galindo have said that Rutty is actually also out of contract in January and it’s unlikely he gets consistent minutes at TFC and that it’s likely he’s gone to Europe on a free after exploring his options. Bayern and Fulham had interest.

FWIW, TFC says JMR's under contract for the 2022 season: https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-announce-year-end-roster-decisions?3

Him being out of contract in January makes little sense. Most MLS contracts end Dec. 31 or in June/July.

29 minutes ago, RS said:

FWIW, TFC says JMR's under contract for the 2022 season: https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-announce-year-end-roster-decisions?3

Him being out of contract in January makes little sense. Most MLS contracts end Dec. 31 or in June/July.

Not saying he is out of contract but there is nothing inconsistent about the idea of him being out of contract in January and many MLS contracts ending Dec 31st.  

13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not saying he is out of contract but there is nothing inconsistent about the idea of him being out of contract in January and many MLS contracts ending Dec 31st.  

Yeah, I read it as his contract ends some time in January (not Dec. 31). That's why I found it strange.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Wouldn't happen until the summer when he turns 18. Transfermarkt has his contract ending at the end of Dec 2022. Might be some club options tacked on as well though. Will be interesting if the rumours start heating up for a summer move. 

I might be completely wrong and speaking out of my arse but… now that we’re top 50 in FIFA rankings doesn’t it make him eligible to play in UK before 18? 

6 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

I might be completely wrong and speaking out of my arse but… now that we’re top 50 in FIFA rankings doesn’t it make him eligible to play in UK before 18? 

Not sure. Thought it you didn't have a passport you had to wait until you were 18 to move but not sure.