Jump to content

OneSoccer


Foreen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Smart way to try and draw Chinese-Canadians while exposing them to CPL.

MediaPro producing content for French Ligue 1 and La Liga would be a nice way to get the French living in Canada and French-Canadians to subscribe to the app while exposing them to CPL, same for the Spanish & South American communities.

They also need to have Liga NOS as we have an important Portuguese Community. I would add the Brazil league.

Lastly, showing Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana and South American top league wouldn't be a bad idea either.

In a nutshell, target immigrant communities by offering them leagues they would want to follow and by default, they would have access to CPL.

That would be my strategy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They need extra subscribers to cover the rights costs so it's most likely to be smaller countries that aren't getting shown elsewhere with a significant amount of recent immigration. Portugal would probably be a good one for them. At this point it's worth thinking about whether this benefits CanPL financially. Given the rights were sold by CSB to Mediapro and this is no longer an in house operation, it's probably mainly about the indirect benefit of giving more people access to CanPL game who otherwise wouldn't have been watching?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

Smart way to try and draw Chinese-Canadians while exposing them to CPL.

MediaPro producing content for French Ligue 1 and La Liga would be a nice way to get the French living in Canada and French-Canadians to subscribe to the app while exposing them to CPL, same for the Spanish & South American communities.

They also need to have Liga NOS as we have an important Portuguese Community. I would add the Brazil league.

Lastly, showing Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana and South American top league wouldn't be a bad idea either.

In a nutshell, target immigrant communities by offering them leagues they would want to follow and by default, they would have access to CPL.

That would be my strategy

While I am happy to have the CSL (and I am sure onesoccer will pick up some subscribers from hardcore fans), most overseas Chinese do not really follow the league - they tend to watch European football like everyone else. I wouldn't even say the CSL has a big following in HK, hardcore supporters follow the local HK League and usually only have eyeballs on the Chinese clubs when we play against them in champions league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And so it begins. It might be coming up millhouse for Dazn at the moment but once those rights finish media pro is coming to collect. OneSoccer will be the one stop destination for world soccer. If expect one media is banking on it. If they get bigger tenders for the rights instead they are laughing. 

How long before the pre season (midseason CPL break)  "one media cup"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anything they bring on is a bonus for me, they already have my money, but would love to see SPFL, even less Old Firm content on OneSoccer.  Hell, might even find a few bucks extra for that (if required).  

Think OneSoccer might find others of a similar mindset.  Sell basic at dollar X and premium at dollar Y.  You know, so you get access to the overseas leagues, whatever they might be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Anything they bring on is a bonus for me, they already have my money, but would love to see SPFL, even less Old Firm content on OneSoccer.  Hell, might even find a few bucks extra for that (if required).  

Think OneSoccer might find others of a similar mindset.  Sell basic at dollar X and premium at dollar Y.  You know, so you get access to the overseas leagues, whatever they might be.

Agreed Scotland would be a smart move, I wish I could see the odd SPL game, for the Canadians mostly but also for the chance to watch certain teams stumble. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lofty said:

Buying or selling this boring charisma-less trio of panelists?  SELL!

(Give me Kaylyn Kyle and Diana Matheson instead anyday, but I'll take a pass on Clare Rustad, thanks.)

 

The best part of this video is the round brown table with nothing on it in front of the three figures who appear to be speaking. 

I would buy a drink for the person who put that table there. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quick question for those who have OneSoccer on their Android box.

Did anybody else have the issue with the app where if you had it on your Android box and had the app through Google Play, you couldn't click the Full Screen button to get the games to go full screen on your TV? Wondering if that was just the box I had, or if that was something other people with Android boxes had as well. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wednesday April 20, 2022

From the desk of OneSoccer:

Dear subscribers:

We are pleased to bring you the CPL season opener on Saturday April 23, 2022 at 2:00pm EST between FC Quebec City and Saskatoon FC. Because of our commitments to broadcast the Campeonate Brasileiro Serie A game between Santos and Corinthians LIVE, the CPL game will be broadcast tape-delayed on Wednesday April 27 at approximately 4:30am right after our Scottish Premier League Highlights show.

For customers who have our Founders Tier AA package the CPL game will be shown live. A reminder, the Founders Tier AA package is free for the first month to new subscribers and then will be automatically renewed at our special price of $45.00 per month.

Thank you for your patronage.

And a reminder, Support Local Soccer.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

Wednesday April 20, 2022

From the desk of OneSoccer:

Dear subscribers:

We are pleased to bring you the CPL season opener on Saturday April 23, 2022 at 2:00pm EST between FC Quebec City and Saskatoon FC. Because of our commitments to broadcast the Campeonate Brasileiro Serie A game between Santos and Corinthians LIVE, the CPL game will be broadcast tape-delayed on Wednesday April 27 at approximately 4:30am right after our Scottish Premier League Highlights show.

For customers who have our Founders Tier AA package the CPL game will be shown live. A reminder, the Founders Tier AA package is free for the first month to new subscribers and then will be automatically renewed at our special price of $45.00 per month.

Thank you for your patronage.

And a reminder, Support Local Soccer. 

I see that@onesoccer does not have the post-game press conferences for the

2022 Saskatoon - Québec City opener, really frustrating, but that  @Rocket Robin has

already posted them on his website:  http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/soccer00.htm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...