OneSoccer

Foreen

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

This seems like just bragging about your giant TV :)

I recommend one to anyone who has the space, I watched the 1st half of TFC on the big screen then the second half on the 55" living room tv, it's like night and day! I do point the screen size out because clarity of the broadcast is very important on a projector due to pixellation!

7 hours ago, gator said:

I recommend one to anyone who has the space, I watched the 1st half of TFC on the big screen then the second half on the 55" living room tv, it's like night and day! I do point the screen size out because clarity of the broadcast is very important on a projector due to pixellation!

I'm heading out right now where I have the space, near the dumpster fire in the alley behind my basement rental, and I'm going to do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

13 hours ago, gator said:

Wait....the 55inch is your smaller TV???  WHispers to no one.....somebody is over compensating........

1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

I wonder what happened for RDS to take the game off its schedule?

Did RDS ever say that they had the rights? I've read  things on twitter, but nothing from people who would be in the know. I think people assumed that RDS might get in when it's crunch time. 

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Did RDS ever say that they had the rights? I've read  things on twitter, but nothing from people who would be in the know. I think people assumed that RDS might get in when it's crunch time. 

I don't know but it was on their TV guide for a couple of days before removing it. Why put on their guide if they didn't have the rights? Strange.

it's becoming clear that RDS-TSN are trying to bury this league on purpose. TSN is showing the feed due to pressure on social media and maybe the league + CSA. Even then...it's being buried at 2am on TSN2 while being live on stream...which wasn't there a few days ago...

That's puzzling and makes me dislike the other league that much more. This isn't an accident.

I was surprised that they had not tried to get the Montreal and Vancouver games on cable but hey, they'd probably rather pass than show CPL on cable.

If the final is TFC vs Montreal, I hope that Onesoccer snubs them if they want to acquire the finals. That would force people to get Onesoccer

Edited by Ansem

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

it's becoming clear that RDS-TSN are trying to bury this league on purpose. TSN is showing the feed due to pressure on social media and maybe the league + CSA. Even then...it's being buried at 2am on TSN2 while being live on stream...which wasn't there a few days ago...

That's puzzling and makes me dislike the other league that much more. This isn't an accident.

I was surprised that they had not tried to get the Montreal and Vancouver games on cable but hey, they'd probably rather pass than show CPL on cable.

If the final is TFC vs Montreal, I hope that Onesoccer snubs them if they want to acquire the finals. That would force people to get Onesoccer

It may be modest, but there are 2 mentions of the game on the tsn.ca/soccer page at the moment, relatively close to the top of the page. The story is the second big banner story, and then it also shows up in the "Soccer on TSN" section.

image.png.c01c83556c2d4e6cca33e66794ff8a3e.png

Maybe the squawking is doing some good.  Neither of those mentions was there a few hours ago.  You would think they would have had a story/notice about that game more than a few hours before it airs.  But kudos to TSN, getting that word out just in the nick of time since they are airing the game.  

From a canpl article, big tv numbers for first match - probably total viewers rather than average.

For those roughly 18,000 or so who watched the game live, and the over 1 million watching on CBC or OneSoccer, this match kicked off a series of historic moments which followed.

https://canpl.ca/article/commemorating-cpl-a-list-of-historic-1sts-in-2019-so-far

40 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

The picture quality really needs to get better 

It's not looking too bad for me. Far better than when it used to be on non-HD channels like GolTV.

OneSoccer is available on Roku as of today! One oddness I found (on the TFC game at least), is it defaulted to AudioTrack 2 (no commentary, just crowd noise) rather than Track 1. That might be an upgrade though ... :)

Adding a colour commentator would help.

I started watching on a laptop - picture was similar on both.

edit - well now I've only got one device streaming ... I'd say the picture is excellent, perhaps even better than TSN, giving how much Rogers Cable compresses the picture some of the time!

Edited by nfitz