OneSoccer

Foreen

3 hours ago, maccaliam said:

Anyone know roughly how long it will be until the replays of today’s matches are up?

Right?!! Why can't I watch the highlights of that game already? Isn't the whole point of "on demand" to be on demand?!?
Just because the WPG v EDM game is still on is no excuse to not see the highlights from the earlier game IMO.

I find OneSoccer does a good job with the audio compared to TSN and the American networks.

TSN generally underplays the atmosphere with misplaced field mikes. The American networks overplay the atmosphere with too much from the supporters section when the rest of the stadium is half empty or sitting on their hands.

OneSoccer has a mike or two following the mobile on field camera guys, so you get a better representation of the entire stadium's atmosphere.

11 hours ago, red card said:

I find OneSoccer does a good job with the audio compared to TSN and the American networks.

TSN generally underplays the atmosphere with misplaced field mikes. The American networks overplay the atmosphere with too much from the supporters section when the rest of the stadium is half empty or sitting on their hands.

OneSoccer has a mike or two following the mobile on field camera guys, so you get a better representation of the entire stadium's atmosphere.

The Calvary-York9 match, which I saw most of, had very good acoustics, think it was. There was a time it was even in stereo, as I watch on the laptop with headphones: some crowd noise and clapping in my left ear, the supporter group more on the right side, actually corresponding to where they were. That was very good and the sound was nicely balanced I thought. 

Anyone there can tell us where the game was being called from, where were the announcers?

I am also a bit irritated by the lack of immediate highlights, since they do them for the post-match and they are basically ready. I should think a two-minute clip could go up asap, for subscribers. 

And the whole match replay, within a few hours, I would say. 

They need to diversify the channels clearly and archive everything. Subscribers need those little incentives. 

I suppose they have a deal to produce clips for the CPL website, but that is general information, they could also put up the highlight clips quickly there, and keep whole games for those paying--which would not be that different from MLS.

I find this really frustrating. I have young kids and such a limited window to watch. I caught Cavalry/Y9 yesterday, and wanted to watch FCE/Valour this AM. The site says this should be on the main channel but it's the former instead. Why I can't pick exactly which match I want to watch is absurd. This is my window Onesoccer, right now, and it means I won't get to watch your product.

Not to make excuses but it feels like they are sorta making this up as they go along.  And fair enough if they are.  Covered a lot of footie yesterday and aside from the Valour match did a pretty good job.  However....

These matches need to be available on demand.  In a reasonable time period.  They already know that.  Even DAZN has the full matches available for a week or so.  And available almost immediately, MLS notwithstanding.

I'd guess they're having some technical issues, hopefully nothing more than a brief spell of growing pains.

But if not, if these matches aren't going to be available on-demand make it clear.  I'll get some capture program and record the stream at my end.

Vs Cup is coming fast 

This is what I got:

Thank you for contacting OneSoccer.

We are working at the moment to have the Video on Demand (VoD) feature available as soon as possible. 

For the moment, we can suggest you to check our schedule on the upper right side of your account, click on the ‘’SCHEDULE’’ button in order to know which are the games that are being re-transmitted.

I would note that the live channel has the wrong match and there is no schedule for Sunday, May 5. I will follow their advice and go fuck myself till they're ready.

Edited by youllneverwalkalone

I’d say that the CPL and one soccer have been doing a good job so far but the highlights are really letting them down. The one soccer site doesn’t have any for the recent matches and the ones they have are edited weirdly and have no commentary. The ones on the CPL YouTube are edited down too short to give any real context to what they showing and are missing too much of the match in general. 

I know it is very early days so I hope things improve as time goes on.

I would also love a weekly match of the day type show that complies the week’s highlights and talking points. 

As OneSoccer develops, I would really like them to break more news, especially around injuries. What is the deal with Staro? How long is he expected to be out? Those sorts of things. Don't just tell us he is injured and didn't make the trip. We want more than that. The more information the better. It allows for more 'water cooler' talk as well between fans. 

In the off chance they read this. Hope they are making sure that they are getting the pronunciation of players names right, because soccer isn't a redneck sport like hockey that sometimes seems to revel in not making the slightest effort in that regard. I think they are messing up on Amer Didic. Should be Djidich not Didich.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

In the off chance they read this. Hope they are making sure that they are getting the pronunciation of players names right, because soccer isn't a redneck sport like hockey that sometimes seems to revel in not making the slightest effort in that regard. I think they are messing up on Amer Didic. Should be Djidich not Didich.

WHAT? it's pretty redneck

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Pronunciation? I will be happy if they just name the correct player. I'm looking at you Gareth Wheeler! "Remember the name!" What!? It wasn't Cyrus Rollocks but Telfer! 

tim and eric GIF

I am happy things are constantly improving. The uploads of the halves of games was reasonably quick this weekend. I still don't think there is a reason we shouldn't be able to pause and rewind the streams though. I hope that gets added. 

BUT...

...If I hear "Goals change games" one more time..