OneSoccer

Foreen

York-Valour replay from Saturday up.  Finally.

I'd almost suspect they aren't allowed to offer the replay for X hours because of contractual commitments but that's hard to imagine.

So, I wish to register a complaint.  Get these vids up faster.  Not life and death but probably a good idea to get the practice in place since we're getting pretty deep into the season.

Thanking you in advance.

Cheerta von Nitpicker

On 8/9/2019 at 5:31 PM, Ansem said:

Someone on Facebook said that the logo for Ligue 1 and La Liga are no longer showing on DAZN

Screenshot_20190809-172800_Facebook.jpg.ca04ca5d817eba3887c8758056431c31.jpg

Both happens to be MediaPro productions...

Those 2 leagues being shown on Onesoccer would be massive...

DAZN still has both through BeInSports. I just watched Lyon-Monaco this past Friday

6 hours ago, Cheeta said:

I'd almost suspect they aren't allowed to offer the replay for X hours because of contractual commitments but that's hard to imagine.

So, I wish to register a complaint.  Get these vids up faster.  Not life and death but probably a good idea to get the practice in place since we're getting pretty deep into the season.

Thanking you in advance.

Cheerta von Nitpicker

That is honestly my biggest beef with OneSoccer. I am maybe not able to watch the matches live, but if I can watch them at all, it's definitely during the weekend. However, it seems like OneSoccer is hardly ever able to make the turn-around without a few days' worth of delay.

By then, it's back during the week, and there is no way I'll be able to sit down for over 90 minutes times three matches. Ugh! Even the MLS-produced streaming app didn't have that issue pre-DAZN (unless there were regional blackouts that applied).

9 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Thanking you in advance.

Cheerta von Nitpicker

This was so frustrating for me. I was able to watch the first half live on onesoccer, then I had to go. I kept checking back Saturday evening/night even though I was pretty sure I wouldn't see it. I have never seen the replay available on the same day (once I saw the halftime show up on the same day, but not the game itself). Then I spent my Sunday every chance I got to check to see if I could watch the second half yet. I had to completely ignore any CPL related thread on here all weekend, and had to completely avoid facebook as well while my notifications piled up. I ended up spending my lunch watching the second half today. I'd much rather watch it at home, beer in hand, than at work, with my headphones on, feeling a bit self conscious about watching a game at my desk.

13 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Thanking you in advance.

Cheerta von Nitpicker

Who involved might benefit from the replays being delayed? I can't think of anyone

3 hours ago, Lofty said:

I totally agree about the delayed replays. I can think of no good reason for it.

Personally, I'd like a way to "filter in" only CPL content, as I cannot find an adjective to describe how little interest I have in Chinese football and those matches are cluttering my display.

Yeah, filter for only CPL, and a filter for "Features" or "Miscellaneous" would be nice. They have "Match Replays" and "Highlights", but give me a bucket for "Everything Else" so I can see without having to wade through tons of Replays/Highlights of all the various leagues that there is some sort of "CPL Week in Review" or whatever else they have put up.

On 8/7/2019 at 10:02 PM, narduch said:

I think they Auto select the stream quality based on your internet speed. There are settings to increase the quality of the feed

My internet speed is pretty good but the quality still isn't great. Where do you see these settings, I only see the color settings.

4 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

My internet speed is pretty good but the quality still isn't great. Where do you see these settings, I only see the color settings.

I'm having the same problem.  The quality of the image has been rather poor tonight.

1 hour ago, m-g-williams said:

Can someone explain to me how to toggle between the audio feeds on One Soccer (EN/FR and EN/ES), particularly for Roku? I'm currently watching the Cavs-Impact match and it somehow defaulted to French. I'm actually really enjoying it, but I figure I should know how this works. 

Hit the * button on the remote, and change the Audio Track from Multiple Language to English.

Not sure why it defaults that way - I had to do the same.

9 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Where or how can I see highlights of past games and how long after a game are highlights put up?

CPL’s or Onesoccer’s youtube and they post it relatively fast

Well. I do have to begrudgingly congratulate One Soccer for making DAZN seem like a dream. 

It's a totally different league/ball game (insert football related pun here).

Just being able to pause live games, scroll/rewind and to have the games instantly available is huge. I have got up this week and scrolled back instantly to the start of the day to the cricket. Stream quality has been great. 

The easy ability to toggle between highlights/full game is smart, more importantly simple and immediately visible.

It's not without snags, much like one soccer it's still a bit busy on the eyes when finding what you want but still far better organized. 

I cant deal with one soccer on my phone (predominantly where I use it) everything looks the damn same and its overawing.

These are all simple fixes for One Soccer but likely mean more expense certainly for them but likely consequently for us subscribers. 

You get what you pay for at the end of the day but I think these are basic streaming expectations these days. 

I have little argument about the quality of the products with one soccer(shows/coverege) and I know it will continue to improve and grow. I just hope basic things like pause/rewind and menus get sorted sooner rather than later. 

If its putting fans off that want to pay and support it that is a bad sign. I can watch the highlights for free on YouTube or the CPL app. It is going to he hard to pick up neutrals if it's annoying to navigate. Just my techno moron aging views. 

@toontownman I believe that OneSoccer is a test site for MediaPro, they have no experience in all of this and are learning as they go. Since for sure they must know who the main rivals are, namely DAZN, they must understand the standard has to be higher. There is, I think a limit of how much they might invest in Canada given what must be weak revenue streams.

IMO they should insist that the CSA give them a half a dozen home games each from the men and women yearly, so they can get more serious benefits in advertising from the investment made.

DAZN doesn't have BeIN sports anymore. Either a dispute with them or something else? No advance notice, just disappeared today. Confirmed loss by DAZN on twitter but no reason given. Apparently, it happened last year also.

So, gone are 2 of the top 5 leagues, Libertadores & WC qualifying from 2 regions. Growing pains for sports streaming services as I don't know of a single one that is performing on par with a tv sports network (even the streaming services of the tv sports networks have all kinds of issues).

8 minutes ago, red card said:

DAZN doesn't have BeIN sports anymore. Either a dispute with them or something else? No advance notice, just disappeared today. Confirmed loss by DAZN on twitter but no reason given. Apparently, it happened last year also.

So, gone are 2 of the top 5 leagues, Libertadores & WC qualifying from 2 regions. Growing pains for sports streaming services as I don't know of a single one that is performing on par with a tv sports network (even the streaming services of the tv sports networks have all kinds of issues).

Do you see Mediapro gets their hands on it via Onesoccer?

Wow, if OneSoccer gets it, they'll have cornered the Spanish speaking football market in terms of the 2 major leagues, South American cup competitions and WC qualifying. Their football offering will be on par or very close with DAZN.

Good news for CPL also. Will get base that typically doesn't follow MLS and Canadian national teams.

Unless DAZN is overpaying for BeIN, everything else points to being on OneSoccer as the best synergyistic option.

I was confused why BeIN was on DAZN anyway. Isn't BeIN its own entity with its own subscription? Surely there won't be any rights on the table. They will just exist through cable or on their own like they were before?

Media Pro own La Liga and Ligue 1 and distribute to BeIN anyway don't they. Like their other leagues I expect they will sit and wait until the licensing runs down then either put it on OneSoccer or get more money from BeIN or elsewhere. Either way Media Pro wins. 

DAZN finally announced they lost BeIN. People are unforgiving.

So I wonder if this opens the door for OneSoccer. Or did BeIN lose enough subscribers paying $15 vs paying $5 more with DAZN but also getting EPL & CL.

Edited by red card