OneSoccer

Foreen

My biggest ask for Onesoccer would be for same day replays. I have young children, so I often can't watch afternoon games live (or even the beginning of a 7pm kick off), but after the kids are in bed at 8 or 8:30 is the perfect time for me to watch a game. With TFC games I record it on my PVR and watch as soon as I can, even if the game is still in progress I start from the beginning. But for CPL games it never seems to be available until the next day. Over the weekend I wanted to watch the York 9 game, but it wasn't available. The halftime show for the game was available, but not the game. I checked back hours later and still only the half time show, not the game.

So as a result I have to be in blackout mode, avoiding the CPL website, app, and any forums on here related to the league or teams I want to watch, until after I watch it the following evening. This week I watched Sunday's game on Monday evening, and Wednesday's game on Thursday evening, even though I would have had time to watch it on the same day if it was available.

18 minutes ago, Lofty said:

The truth about why 1S quit recording the FCE vs. Valour match finally comes out on the match day thread. The broadcast truck was needed in Toronto and had to leave or it would not have arrived in time. @MrsC has kindly provided the relevant tweets.

OK, that is bullshit. 

I'm not getting this.  Wednesday's match would normally have been called and re-scheduled looong before anyone would give a hoot about where truck X has to be at location Y by Z o'clock.

Hands up, lots of footie people on here who've been to lots of footie matches over the years.  Anyone sit through a 3 hour delay to have the match taken up again?  Ever? 

Yeah, I didn't think so.

(disclaimer.  OK, I seem to recall being at an MSA Cup match that was delayed then restarted and played without a half time break ONCE a million years ago, because of, and the threat of, thunderstorms but that was a million years ago. But the point still stands).

Honestly, I'm not sure what time they buggered off at.  Don't think it was THAT LATE but don't think they pulled the plug at 9 PM either.  And not to labour the point, but no one knew if that match was going to get taken up again.  Could just as easily not been played regardless of the CPL's wishes.

Do know this.  If that crew is needed in Toronto this weekend its because they need it for the Forge-Valour match on Saturday.  Other fixtures are in Calgary and Van Isle and since I expect MediaPro doesn't have more than 3 crews for a 7 team league.... 

12 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Honestly, I'm not sure what time they buggered off at.  Don't think it was THAT LATE but don't think they pulled the plug at 9 PM either.  And not to labour the point, but no one knew if that match was going to get taken up again.  Could just as easily not been played regardless of the CPL's wishes.

Do know this.  If that crew is needed in Toronto this weekend its because they need it for the Forge-Valour match on Saturday.  Other fixtures are in Calgary and Van Isle and since I expect MediaPro doesn't have more than 3 crews for a 7 team league.... 

Yes, but in terms of overall investment it is minor, it is pretty ridiculous to have to drive a vehicle from Edmonton to Toronto.

Just outsource and get your service from local or regional providers.

Or have more vehicles, as a fixed cost, and if that seems like an excess layout let them do the odd League One match or similar. Hell, I would even watch University soccer playoffs in Canada, or the national amateur championship, that would be really cool. 

22 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well I guess it is just that backwater called Edmonton, where they can take money invested from the other side of the world but are too cheap to spend it properly on decent facilities? Is that what you are all saying?

They're not Langford, who's spent $ for a decent facility for Pacific FC with nice grandstands/suites added etc.

Clark Stadium is one of the most basic and lesser stadiums in the CPL, not sure when the city will ever spend for serious upgrades.

Just now, CDNFootballer said:

They're not Langford, who's spent $ for a decent facility for Pacific FC with nice grandstands/suites added etc.

Clark Stadium is one of the most basic and lesser stadiums in the CPL, not sure when the city will ever spend for serious upgrades.

I'm just trash talking, of course, so sorry for that. 

Just pisses me off that folks following the Eddies can be so hard on OneSoccer, who have been in the city all of 6 times, while letting the entire political and economic establishment off the hook for being satisfied with such mediocre facilities--and then blaming a mobile broadcast crew instead of looking at themselves. Bush league mentality.

Well with two big games tonight at the same time, I learned why it's called "One Soccer" and not "Two Soccer". I tried watching the York 9 vs Montreal game on my desktop while having the HFX Wanderers vs Ottawa game on my phone. It didn't go well. The desktop kept losing the feed. My wife tweeted One Soccer about the problems watching the game and they informed us that they don't support 2 devices at the same time. Their first question was whether we had given our credentials out to anyone else, which we haven't.

So after having problems in the first half I turned off my phone for the second half.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Well with two big games tonight at the same time, I learned why it's called "One Soccer" and not "Two Soccer". I tried watching the York 9 vs Montreal game on my desktop while having the HFX Wanderers vs Ottawa game on my phone. It didn't go well. The desktop kept losing the feed. My wife tweeted One Soccer about the problems watching the game and they informed us that they don't support 2 devices at the same time. Their first question was whether we had given our credentials out to anyone else, which we haven't.

So after having problems in the first half I turned off my phone for the second half.

I watched both games on my desktop with no problem.

What can I tell ya!

On 7/19/2019 at 2:53 PM, narduch said:

I sort of meant Mainstream media coverage.

But that isn't really something the league can control.

In the Toronto area York9 are nearly non-existent.

It would help if they were a Toronto team! York doesn't exactly start Toronto hearts a pounding. They weren't even supposed to be here but by being here, they are actually hurting press they might get from the smaller media outlets in York Region, although, that said, there aren't any TV stations as such. There are some community channels in existence so they could try to work with them. 

This is the problem with not having a true Toronto team in the league. Toronto media couldn't care less!

We should also point out that Canadian Press is feeding its soccer copy to entities like the Toronto Star and Sportsnet. They've cut back their staff so much that they don't even have reporters to write their own copy so it comes down to Canadian Press and Neil Davidson! Thank goodness Neil is there!

Edited by Blizzard

9 hours ago, Blizzard said:

I watched both games on my desktop with no problem.

What can I tell ya!

Yeah, I thought of that, but I've got a smallish monitor, so I just sacrificed the HFX game. Good to hear confirmation that it works OK though.

1 hour ago, vancanman said:

I was just browsing, but I signed in just to agree with this.  "Could care less" is almost as bad as 'irregardless' or mixing up 'then' and 'than.'

Origin
a080ac91cdfd991ba443e2eb6b71e5976becba0a
Old English than(ne), thon(ne), thænne, originally the same word as then.

2 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Nevertheless, the meaning today is different:

"Then" means "subsequently".

"Than" means "as opposed to".

I'd rather score the first goal than (as opposed to) concede it then (subsequently) lose.

😁

But it's nowhere near as bad as the first two mistakes which actually mean the complete opposite of the intended meaning. I find this much easier to forgive

The lay out and User Interface is what needs to change for me.  On Android (and therefore chromecast) it's really annoying that all the videos are just laid out in a feed.  I wish there was a section to go for highlights, schedule, and then specials/features.  It's getting really complicated now with the 2 new leagues added.