My take on it (FWIW) is this:

For years, we have wanted a decent quality, reliable stream to view Canadian games.  Yes, that was in the context of CMNT games, but now that we have our own league, we also have a service that is providing high quality, reliable streams for all CPL and V Cup games, and all CMNT and CWNT home games.  Taxes in, it cost me around $0.25 per day.  I'll take it, and I will be pretty forgiving as the kinks are worked out.  As someone in a non CPL market, it seems like money well spent.

I've emailed OneSoccer, but I haven't got an answer to my question yet, so if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

I haven't had a chance to sign up for OneSoccer until now.  If I sign up for a year, is that a calendar year or just to the end of the CPL season?  A calendar year for that price is a bargain, but if it's just until the end of the CPL season at this point, I'd go for the monthly plan.  I haven't seen a single minute of a single match yet, and it's driving me nuts.

Thank you

Commentary I don't want to hear again List #1: 

• "Goals change games"  - Thankfully I haven't heard that one in a week or two after it was said about 15 times one weekend in the two games and studio coverage.
  • "He wants to win a shot from the hot spot" - just no
  • "Y9"  - This killed me tonight. Just bloody say York. It was like Reed thought it was cool the first time he said it he had to repeat it over and over. 

Yeah I do need to lighten up. I did enjoy the commentary early on in maybe the Cavalry/Forge game when a defender intercepted a pass -  "He read that pass him like a page in a children's fairytale." or something to those lines. It made me giggle. 

11 hours ago, toontownman said:

Commentary I don't want to hear again List #1: 

• "Goals change games"  - Thankfully I haven't heard that one in a week or two after it was said about 15 times one weekend in the two games and studio coverage.
  • "He wants to win a shot from the hot spot" - just no
  • "Y9"  - This killed me tonight. Just bloody say York. It was like Reed thought it was cool the first time he said it he had to repeat it over and over. 

Yeah I do need to lighten up. I did enjoy the commentary early on in maybe the Cavalry/Forge game when a defender intercepted a pass -  "He read that pass him like a page in a children's fairytale." or something to those lines. It made me giggle. 

I did get a kick out of Petrillo explaining that when a ball takes a deflection off a defender, they would rather it miss their net than go in it.

Insightful stuff :)

19 hours ago, vancanman said:

I've emailed OneSoccer, but I haven't got an answer to my question yet, so if anyone can shed some light on this, it would be appreciated.

I haven't had a chance to sign up for OneSoccer until now.  If I sign up for a year, is that a calendar year or just to the end of the CPL season?  A calendar year for that price is a bargain, but if it's just until the end of the CPL season at this point, I'd go for the monthly plan.  I haven't seen a single minute of a single match yet, and it's driving me nuts.

Thank you

I don't have confirmation, but I'm pretty sure when the different packages were first announced it was called "season" and now it's called "one year".

I signed up for monthly because in the event "season" meant the actual CPL season, it was actually cheaper to go monthly. I've used up my free month and apparently have bought my first month, but I'm going to switch to the yearly subscription now. It hasn't been perfect but it's very worth it in my opinion.

It's 365 days.  Remember OneSoccer also covers Women's and Men's national team home games and L10 games (not too much yet). And they are slowly introducing some weekly shows in addition to the pre-game post-game stuff.

Screenshot from 2019-06-06 18:22:37.png

Inside the CPL.  Episode 2.  Wow.

That's not my impressed "Wow!".  That's my headshaking sad "...wow".

1). Who writes this ****?  Can I apply for the job?  You know, before it's too late to save the concept?

2).  It's "valor" for our American friends.  Not vah-lure.  I know it's spelled a bit different but trust me, it sounds just like "valor".

3).  It's a goal, not a net.  A brawl implies actually fighting occurres, and whoever proof read this episode make sure to not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  Good luck and be happy.  This is the 1st day of the rest of your life.

4).  Anybody who can watch past the 5th minute let me know what I missed.

On 6/5/2019 at 7:29 PM, Lofty said:

Could we please get commentators who show a bit of enthusiasm? They drone on like they are reading a passage out of Moby Dick.

I don't know a single person who reads moby dick with no enthusiasm

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

Inside the CPL.  Episode 2.  Wow.

That's not my impressed "Wow!".  That's my headshaking sad "...wow".

1). Who writes this ****?  Can I apply for the job?  You know, before it's too late to save the concept?

2).  It's "valor" for our American friends.  Not vah-lure.  I know it's spelled a bit different but trust me, it sounds just like "valor".

3).  It's a goal, not a net.  A brawl implies actually fighting occurres, and whoever proof read this episode make sure to not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.  Good luck and be happy.  This is the 1st day of the rest of your life.

4).  Anybody who can watch past the 5th minute let me know what I missed.

Yes, Valor is for our American friends, but the name of the team is Valour.

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

Are you sure about that?

Image result for george costanza velour

42 minutes ago, Califax said:

I don't know a single person who reads moby dick with no enthusiasm

That is very cleverly worded. And if you knew one person who had read Moby Dick, I assure you it would not be true! 🐳

I hope they’re better than DAZN.   I signed up, and can’t sign in.   Password changed, restarted the computer, still nothing.  I’m not convinced that having services like this taking over sports from TV is the best idea.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this new One Soccer ad, but I have to say, I'm impressed. If this sort of thing ends up on CBC broadcasts of CPL matches, it may just help boost membership numbers. 

32 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Not sure if anyone else has seen this new One Soccer ad, but I have to say, I'm impressed. If this sort of thing ends up on CBC broadcasts of CPL matches, it may just help boost membership numbers. 

Good ad, but I find the programming thus far less good, particularly their little panels who discuss the game. They certainly have some knowledgeable people but they lack charisma. And charisma matters. I have tried to watch a few of their shows but just zone out after about 5 mins.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Small thing, but I saw a OneSoccer poster at a bus stop or something in Toronto (Bloor street, somewhere around Castlefrank station)

I've seen a OneSoccer billboard on the Gardiner heading East just past BMO Field.