Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

RS

1 hour ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

As @Keegan mentioned in another thread, likely Kwame Awuah?

Seems like the only player who makes sense, unless it's an American from New York. Regardless, I can't see Awuah signing anywhere else right now; the CPL is a great opportunity for him and the Smyrniotis effect is strong.

Edited by Zem

Damn. Forge on course for the best looking squad.

York and Pacific look solid. Valour close behind with Halifax a toss up either side. 

Calgary and certainly Edmonton look a bit weak on paper. 

I expect things will level out a bit once the squads are finalized. Then we might see some surprises. 

44 minutes ago, michaeltfc91 said:

Now that is a signing that excites me! A good young player, who is just under the level of an MLS starter, these are the types of players we need in CPL... Others that come to mind... Jay Chapman, Richie Laryea, Tesho Akindele, Michael Petrasso etc.

Out of that lot I think Richie Laryea is the one to watch given the Sigma angle. Think the others are very much under contract in MLS for 2019.

If Laryea doesn’t make the TFC main roster I would expect him to land with Forge.

Im pretty happy with the Awuah signing.  This is a good opportunity for him to get solid playing time and exposure while he’s still young and then have a chance to move to a better league still.  He should get plenty of PT this year.  

3 hours ago, badname22 said:

Choiniere also has the same agent as most of the people we signed, so maybe him?

David Choinière missed most of the last 2 seasons because of an injury, for which he eventually had an operation. He is currently at the Impact training camp in Florida, but the Impact have not yet re-signed him. A few years ago some people were comparing him to Tabla. If Choinière has fully recovered, he would be a huge signing for a CanPL team.

31 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

We’re coming for you! (I’m a York 9 supporter). Seriously though... anyone know how I can buy tickets to this game yet? Or are they not yet for sale?

There is a "Home Opener Flex Pack" seemingly available to buy now. It's for the home opener plus 2 more games.

https://forgefc.canpl.ca/inaugural-match-flex-pack/

I don't see anything at the moment from York 9 in terms of visitor section tickets, I imagine that would be offered first to season ticket holders.

6 hours ago, Ams1984 said:

We’re coming for you! (I’m a York 9 supporter). Seriously though... anyone know how I can buy tickets to this game yet? Or are they not yet for sale?

York tweeted out to stay tuned as they will be making arrangements.

This is another example of where I think the league could have been better prepared. If you are going to make this announcement today and you want people to travel, have a visiting section set aside already and start promoting it right off the bat.

• RS locked this topic