Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

RS

Sounds like their opener will be vs York 9 and what will be most likely the League’s Opener as well! They fully deserve it, they began the movement of this league back in 2013 and were gonna be named the Founders FC until it changed to Forge FC last minute 

Anyhow, how are they selling single game tickets already without a released schedule? 

Better question is: Did they go through the entire 1,500+ membership deposits and turned them into season tickets that now they’re hitting the open market? Just wondering 

Nonethless very good iniciatives

It will be interesting to see how it goes with the both Forge and Honey Badgers both launching in 2019 competing for that same entertainment dollar. Where will the casual person looking for a an afternoon out end up. With both the CPL and CEBL kicking off in some of the same markets, how it goes will be very interesting.

Really like these signings for Forge FC.  Other teams may have other advantages but this Sigma connection has so much potential to bring quality players to Hamilton.

Considering Smyrniotis loves the 4-4-3 I guess we can slot in Bekker anchoring the midfield with Nanco on the wing.  I'd still love to see Tyler Pasher at left midfield and either Angelo Cavaluzzo (TFC II, if he recovers fully from injury) or Darrin McLeod (Swope Park) at keeper.

David Edgar was my big hope but sounds like he might be headed back to England.

20 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Really like these signings for Forge FC.  Other teams may have other advantages but this Sigma connection has so much potential to bring quality players to Hamilton.

Considering Smyrniotis loves the 4-4-3 I guess we can slot in Bekker anchoring the midfield with Nanco on the wing.  I'd still love to see Tyler Pasher at left midfield and either Angelo Cavaluzzo (TFC II, if he recovers fully from injury) or Darrin McLeod (Swope Park) at keeper.

I’m interested to hear what advantages other teams have, because Sigma having what appears to be 12 players on the pitch is a significant one! ?

2 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Two good signings by the Forge.  Good to see Bekker in a leadership role at this club and in this new league.  I hope they do really well in their inaugural season.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, mtlsab said:

Hello,

Here is the English translation of my interview with Aboubacar Sissoko, drafted by Forge FC:

Thank you for this! I love how in French one says "to achieve beautiful things." Far more poetic than (modern) English usage. Other than a Harvey's commercial, perhaps.

Edited by RickC

6 hours ago, RickC said:

Thank you for this! I love how in French one says "to achieve beautiful things." Far more poetic than (modern) English usage. Other than a Harvey's commercial, perhaps.

I really appreciate the feedback, if you're able to read French, this is the original version:
https://medium.com/@actualitesoccer/entrevue-avec-aboubacar-sissoko-25-11-2018-53a314d76869

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the Indoor soccer on a stream of the Mississauga Metrostars playing at home against the Milwaukee Wave . One of the star players on the Milwaukee Wave is a player born and raised in Hamilton Ian Bennett, I know it’s indoor soccer but would a guy like Bennett be someone that the Hamilton CPL team could sign?

Edited by 1996

• RS locked this topic