Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

RS

Pure guess here- no actual insight. I think that there will be a big tailgating style party before the game starts because there’s going to be so many out of town fans.  Open the North End Bar.  Food, drinks, swag, facepainting, games etc.  

Snowbirds or F18’s do a flyover, the Lancaster drives around.  Turn it into just a massive pre game league launch party.

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

Toronto FC started their season.  Richie Laryea should be available to sign now to fill out the midfield.

I think he might be with the team still and they are waiting to see how many TAM midfielders get signed or something. I could be wrong but I think that's him at the 26 second mark of this match preview video for the Philly game:

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/03/01/match-preview-toronto-fc-philadelphia-union

29 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

The roster is really shaping up.

I think Kwame Awuah will be the starting LB, not playing up front.

Now they just have to sign Babouli to play the other wing and Laryea to solidify the DM spot besides Cisse and they’re ready to compete.

I think the Swede is a good bet to start at DM, he has an impressive background for this level and is young.  

This team is looking really good.  I hadn’t heard of Krutzen but did some reading and saw he was #7 PDL prospect last year and named to TDS 2nd XI preseason team.  I wonder why he wasn’t an MLS draft prospect? 

I could see Laryea playing further up the pitch if signed. 

Edited by Keegan

36 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

The roster is really shaping up.

I think Kwame Awuah will be the starting LB, not playing up front.

Now they just have to sign Babouli to play the other wing and Laryea to solidify the DM spot besides Cisse and they’re ready to compete.

John McGrane had an interesting analogy Friday when I spoke with him and mentioned the team was looking good, he replied " it's like when you buy that nice used car, the body looks great, you just don't know how the engine will run"!

14 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Looks like Choiniere could be signing with Forge. If he can reach the level he was at before his injury, he'll be a great signing. 

He believes that he will be BETTER surrounded in Hamilton than Ottawa Fury. He doesn't believe in what the Fury is selling.

He also added that CONCACAF League was a factor. If he scores in that competition, Choiniere will get phone calls 

2 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

So apparently Forge is making the inaugural game free...

Nice move. I'm assuming Forge season ticket holders will get a refund for 1/15th of their total cost (or whatever one match comes out to) as well.

1 minute ago, RS said:

Nice move. I'm assuming Forge season ticket holders will get a refund for 1/15th of their total cost (or whatever one match comes out to) as well.

I would presume so. I haven't actually found an official source for this but I assume it's legit.

It's interesting. I think it's smart move from a marketing standpoint.

I don't think Forge FC members will get a refund as the email states the June Canadian Championship match is included with the membership. Maybe that was always the way, but I don't recall that part before. Also, the free part is members can request tickets for friends and family up to the number of season's seats the members have. The whole stadium will be open for the match and "will expand to beyond Tim Hortons Field's full seated capacity of 23,218, for one match only!"

13 minutes ago, RickC said:

I don't think Forge FC members will get a refund as the email states the June Canadian Championship match is included with the membership. Maybe that was always the way, but I don't recall that part before. Also, the free part is members can request tickets for friends and family up to the number of season's seats the members have. The whole stadium will be open for the match and "will expand to beyond Tim Hortons Field's full seated capacity of 23,218, for one match only!"

Challenge accepted. Getting my tickets soon

• RS locked this topic