General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

He should start but at 31 I'd try to play the younger players as much as possible. David Davies and hoilet are probably better players. Maybe you could put arfield over piette and go to a 4-1-4-1 formation?

I don't think Arfield would be on the wing, and I definitely currently rate him over Piette. I hate the whole attitude of older players shouldn't be played as much because they won't be here in 4 years or whatever. That shouldn't matter it's more important you have the best team playing as much as possible whether it consist of 5 30+ year olds or all U-23's. 

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

He should start but at 31 I'd try to play the younger players as much as possible. David Davies and hoilet are probably better players. Maybe you could put arfield over piette and go to a 4-1-4-1 formation?

31 .. just like that washed up Luka Modric and Leo Messi.  He’s our captain and a top 3 player on the squad and in his prime.  Even if he was 36 I’d like to at least win some games for once before dropping players. 

"Severino, current second coach of Vitória de Guimarães, compared his game to that of a well-known school. "Stephen is like the typical La Masia player, from Barcelona, he appreciates the position game passionately, he understands soccer very well and is a lover of its aesthetic component, he likes to play well and have the ball".

However with this quality with the ball, the coach guarantees that Eustáquio is not lazy at the defensive moment. "He is very good and aggressive after the loss of the ball, he is a worker in the field, but a worker with class." This opinion finds correspondence in the numbers: again according to data of Opta assigned by GoalPoint, Eustáquio averages 5.8 recoveries of possession for every 90 minutes made in Liga NOS, a quite high figure."

Setting aside who is in our starting 11 in the short term, this is another piece of great news for building towards 2026 - and even for 2022.  The youth quality in our team is positioning us well for solid runs at and in those tournaments.  

Cav, David and Larin as attacking  forward.  

Davies, Tabla and Millar attacking from the midfield.

Eustaquio, Kaye, Piette as more defensive mids - though Eustaquio may have potential for a maestro playmaker role (?)

Everyone knows we are thinner in def, but ZBG could be solid.  Hopefully James, Henry and Cornelius progress.  And of course grabbing someone like Tomori would be huge.

Borjan could still easily be our number one next cycle, but 2026 may require some one to step up.

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Setting aside who is in our starting 11 in the short term, this is another piece of great news for building towards 2026 - and even for 2022.  The youth quality in our team is positioning us well for solid runs at and in those tournaments.  

Cav, David and Larin as attacking  forward.  

Davies, Tabla and Millar attacking from the midfield.

Eustaquio, Kaye, Piette as more defensive mids - though Eustaquio may have potential for a maestro playmaker role (?)

Everyone knows we are thinner in def, but ZBG could be solid.  Hopefully James, Henry and Cornelius progress.  And of course grabbing someone like Tomori would be huge.

Borjan could still easily be our number one next cycle, but 2026 may require some one to step up.

Why is everyone forgetting  Captain Scotty.  Also there is Osorio and some young MF talent coming up like Fraser and Okello. I think Okello is going to be the Hutch. Kaye, Piette, Teibert and Chapman better step up their game because that MF is very  crowded. It’s beautiful problem to have. 

Canada’s mildfield depth ( in no order and I know I’m missing some)

Hutch, Arfield, Osorio, Wotherspoon, Kaye, Piette, Teibert, Chapman, Eustaquio,Fraser, Okello, Baldisimo, Choinière

Now if we can get CB Ferreira , CB Tomori, LB Gutiérrez and LB Bassong our Defence will be set! 

Now it’s time for some game against some big boys! Come on CSA and Herdman get this fan base fired up !!! We want games! 

Edited by SpecialK

8 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Why is everyone forgetting  Captain Scotty.  Also there is Osorio and some young MF talent coming up like Fraser and Okello. I think Okello is going to be the Hutch. Kaye, Piette, Teibert and Chapman better step up their game because that MF is very  crowded. It’s beautiful problem to have. 

Hutch, Arfield, Osorio, Wotherspoon, Kaye, Piette, Teibert, Chapman, Eustaquio,Fraser, Okello, Baldisimo, Choinière

Now if we can get CB Ferreira , CB Tomori, LB Gutiérrez and LB Bassong our Defence will be set! 

Now it’s time for some game against some big boys! Come on CSA and Herdman get this fan base fired up !!! We want games! 

I still think Piette is still Atiba's understudy. When Atiba doesn't play it's Piette who steps in because he's a pure destroyer. 

8 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Not forgetting about either of them.  But Scott will be 37 during the 2026 WC and Oso will be 34.  They may still be playing but I am not banking on them.  My post was about building for 2026 and was explicitly not about short term best 11. 

39 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not forgetting about either of them.  But Scott will be 37 during the 2026 WC and Oso will be 34.  They may still be playing but I am not banking on them.  My post was about building for 2026 and was explicitly not about short term best 11. 

There's another World Cup before '26, too. How about we forget about building for 2026 and focus on qualifying in 3 years?

33 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

There's another World Cup before '26, too. How about we forget about building for 2026 and focus on qualifying in 3 years?

Because, in the context of the Eustaquio announcement, I made a simple post about how it positions us well for 2026.  Not forgetting about 2022.  Not forgetting about Scotty or Oso.  Just a basic comment that our strong core of young players will be great in 7 years.  That is all.

My Gold Cup XI:

Borjan

Godinho-Vitória-Henry-Adekugbe

Davies-arfield-hutch-hoilet

David-Cavalinnil

Remaining 18:  Larin, Eustaquio, Osorio, Cornelius, Cordova, Millar, Crépeau

Remaining 23: JGB, Jaković, Wotherspoon, Tabla, Piette, Busti 

Pending tactics, rotation, formation, and injuries any player in my 23 can make it in the XI. John doesn’t have a easy job, this is a great squad on paper.  

Edited by hamiltonfan

10 hours ago, SpecialK said:

He is definitely not starting for Canada anytime soon. He hasn’t played since May, he only made 7 appearances all of last season and wasn’t on the bench for the last 20 odd games for his club. Is he out long term with an injury?

16 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Because, in the context of the Eustaquio announcement, I made a simple post about how it positions us well for 2026.  Not forgetting about 2022.  Not forgetting about Scotty or Oso.  Just a basic comment that our strong core of young players will be great in 7 years.  That is all.

In 7 years a bunch of kids that are 14,15 and 16 will be professional players.  Our talent pool coming up is so diverse it’s nearly to predict 2 cycles out.

23 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

My Gold Cup XI:

Borjan

Godinho-Vitória-Henry-Adekugbe

Davies-arfield-hutch-hoilet

David-Cavalinnil

Remaining 18:  Larin, Eustaquio, Osorio, Cornelius, Cordova, Millar, Crépeau

Remaining 23: JGB, Jaković, Wotherspoon, Tabla, Piette, Busti 

Pending tactics, rotation, formation, and injuries any player in my 23 can make it in the XI. John doesn’t have a easy job, this is a great squad on paper.  

Eustaquio is out with an injury (ruptured knee ligament) until the fall. 

And its ZBG, not JGB

Edited by ghostknownunknown

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

He is definitely not starting for Canada anytime soon. He hasn’t played since May, he only made 7 appearances all of last season and wasn’t on the bench for the last 20 odd games for his club. Is he out long term with an injury?

I’m not sure if he is injury. I read somewhere he and the current manager are not getting along. But our LB depth is not very good. He’s young and he’s got skills, you should see his highlights on YouTube. 

21 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

What's with all the gangsta crossed arm posses in our CMNT videos recently? Does Herdman think he is leading a group of badass cartel soldiers? I guess at least Eustaquio is playing in the right country for that but it looks ridiculous. Still other than that a nice video and a promising player to get a commitment from. As much as I am critical of the Herdman hire and some of the things he has done I will give credit where credit is due and he is doing a good job getting guys to commit to the team.